JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent choice! They used Mk4 3.5-10(among other similar) in the Mill issued Mk12s, but I'm not a trained military sniper, so I'll need all the magnification I can get when I finally build up enough $ and/or trades to upgrade my Optics. You are smart to get really good optics to begin with...

Excellent choice! They used Mk4 3.5-10(among other similar) in the Mill issued Mk12s, but I'm not a trained military sniper, so I'll need all the magnification I can get when I finally build up enough $ and/or trades to upgrade my Optics. You are smart to get really good optics to begin with...
I'm itching to get this thing built but am in a holding pattern until I get my LPK and trigger. Sounds like the scope is on backorder for a couple weeks too. :(

View attachment 453115
WARNING: The SPR is arguably the most expensive AR variant to build, feed, and maintain.
So I snapped the above pic yesterday... In case you didn't believe me when I said this is an expensive addiction... Can you spot the hundred dollar difference in this pic taken just today less than 24 hours later?
24187A2C-6E11-4F55-A44E-60AA90A6A211.jpeg

Well now it's just the waiting game time.

Spikes Tactical LPK - 2 Weeks left
Leupold Scope - 3 weeks left
LaRue Trigger - 5 weeks left

I was really hoping to get this thing before June but it doesn't look likely now. :(

What's Larue's hold up? 5 weeks?
I know they make great stuff, but I won't buy any of it myself... the owner goes out of his way to bad mouth his competition on arfcom.. American Defense(a superior mount IMO)in particular. he comes across as an arrogant pr*k...just a personal beef I guess. I won't deny the quality though.

What's Larue's hold up? 5 weeks?
I know they make great stuff, but I won't buy any of it myself... the owner goes out of his way to bad mouth his competition on arfcom.. American Defense(a superior mount IMO)in particular. he comes across as an arrogant pr*k...just a personal beef I guess. I won't deny the quality though.
They didn't say what the hold-up was, just that it was on backorder and their estimate was 5 weeks to ship. I didn't know about the trash talking on arfcom. I was just looking for a 2-stage trigger and my buddy has a couple of the LaRue triggers and can't say enough great things about them. They also weren't as crazy expensive as the Geissele 2-stage triggers.

WARNING: The SPR is arguably the most expensive AR variant to build, feed, and maintain.
Not like a good Mk 18 is much cheaper... though I'll argue a GL/SSC is much worse because there are only two dozen handguards in the civilian sector and only a hundred in SOCOM hands... West Coast SEAL teams had to improvise building their own.

Well, I've been thinking about this for a while and finally decided to move forward with the build. All items ordered so now I just play the waiting game. I think the LPK will take the longest, it's on a 3-4 week back-order.

Will update with pics as items come in.

The build list...

· Aero Precision Stripped Lower
· Aero Precision M4E1 Threaded 18" .223 Wylde Fluted Complete Upper Receiver w/ ATLAS S-ONE Handguard
· Spike's Tactical Ergo Enhanced LPK no Trigger Group
· Luth-AR MBA-1 Stock, buffer, buffer tube and spring
· Larue MBT-2S Trigger
· Radian Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle
· Aero Precision 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group, Complete - Black Nitride
· Spike's Tactical Punisher and Flag Ejection Port Door Cover
· VG6 Precision Epsilon 556 High Performance Muzzle Brake
· VG6 Precision Cage Device
· Magpul B.A.D. Lever
· I Kick Hippies SLAP Plate
· TipTop Rifle Bipod PN# S9N-94688
· Leupold VX-3i LRP 4.5-14x50mm

Am I forgetting anything?

Very nice list of parts. Should be a damn good one. Is the scope a 30mm? I have a good Aero Precision 30mm mount that I'd let go for a real good deal ($50.00 shipped). It's still new in the package..

They didn't say what the hold-up was, just that it was on backorder and their estimate was 5 weeks to ship. I didn't know about the trash talking on arfcom. I was just looking for a 2-stage trigger and my buddy has a couple of the LaRue triggers and can't say enough great things about them. They also weren't as crazy expensive as the Geissele 2-stage triggers.

Just buy a RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger (3.5 pound pull). They were on sale at Right To Bear Arms for $89.95 the other day. I ended up buying another one. Actually just installed it in my new 308...
Rock River Arms 2-Stage 3.5 lbs. Varmint Match Trigger

Very nice list of parts. Should be a damn good one. Is the scope a 30mm? I have a good Aero Precision 30mm mount that I'd let go for a real good deal ($50.00 shipped). It's still new in the package..
It is 30mm. I have a connection at a local scope manufacturer in the Beaverton area so I am all squared away for the scope mount. Thanks for the offer though. ;)

It is 30mm. I have a connection at a local scope manufacturer in the Beaverton area so I am all squared away for the scope mount. Thanks for the offer though. ;)

Cool, your build sounds like a dandy. When you get her all put together, let us know how she shoots!! I always like seeing target pics.. and pics of the finished project..

They also weren't as crazy expensive as the Geissele 2-stage triggers.
The only reason my trigger says GA on it is because I found a Hi Speed National Match(normally $280) in the NWFA classifieds for $150. I had a POF in it before that was great and I was perfectly happy with it. The GA's are on a whole other level though. I fully intended on selling it at the next gun show, but once I set it up in my trigger jig to see what the fuss was about, I was hooked, and had to keep it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top