Sportsman's Show

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mkwerx, Feb 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

And then drove back to Salem? :eek: Heck I don't even drive around Portland after 3:00 in the afternoon anymore. I could do the EXPO Center in the afternoon/evening because I'm up near the airport kinda. I'll probably go next year though, it IS in my blood to a degree.

2. kenboy

kenboy
    salem, oregon
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

:D
    I have until 12:01 before my chariot turns into a pumpkin...:D

Mikej likes this.
  3. nvs

nvs
    Yamhill County

You can't go to too many places and see an $8 can of Rainier beer, let alone a place where you just paid $15 to stand in line to get the said Rainier beer!

PDXKevin likes this.
  4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    West of Oly
    Springer Slayer Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

I

Same here, I have enough stuff to do what I need and it all works, no need for the latest & greatest.;)

5. PDXKevin

PDXKevin
    Beaverton

We got there before they opened the doors and stayed until they followed us out. LOL Had a blast checking out all the booths and great seminars. There was even one specifically for long range hunting and ethics. Very informative. I fell in love with a couple new scopes too.

The kids flung a dozen arrows each down at the props and balloons - actually popped one of the balloons this year.

The kids limited out back in the trout pond! We brought home a couple between 10"-13" and four that were +23" Man, it was awesome watching them land those beasts on a simple short cane pole.

We could easily spend two full days there by attending the seminars and taking our time.

6. PDXKevin

PDXKevin
    Beaverton

Did you get your photo taken with the two ladies dressed up as Rainier Beer bottles?

7. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo
    Vancouver, WA

When I was a kid in the 60's it was called the Boat Show. Somewhere along the line it transitioned into the Sportsman's Show.

8. DieselScout

DieselScout
    S Clackamas County

There still is a boat show, it's in January.

9. mkwerx

mkwerx
    Rock Creek
    Polymer Prom Queen Silver Supporter

yep - the boat show has a lot more variety in boats shown, the ones at the sportsman's show were of the metal NW boat variety, some bass boats, and a small handful of glass center console boats. I was in love. I could take or leave the NW boats - I don't troll much, I don't still fish much, so a crapton of seating, a big covered cabin (with or without pizza oven and porta potty) don't do much for me. Give me a big casting deck, as few bobbles to snag fly line on as possible, a bow mounted trolling motor, and a decent graph and I'm a happy camper. I like boats by Lund, Low, Tracker, Whaler, Ranger and Skeeter. I also dig drift boats. Alumawelds, Willie, and North River are comfy to ride in and look cool, but don't serve my style of fishing terribly well.