JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why we attend thurs afternoon and eve. No lines and crowds were tolerable.

And then drove back to Salem? :eek: Heck I don't even drive around Portland after 3:00 in the afternoon anymore. I could do the EXPO Center in the afternoon/evening because I'm up near the airport kinda. I'll probably go next year though, it IS in my blood to a degree.

:D
And then drove back to Salem? :eek: Heck I don't even drive around Portland after 3:00 in the afternoon anymore. I could do the EXPO Center in the afternoon/evening because I'm up near the airport kinda. I'll probably go next year though, it IS in my blood to a degree.
I have until 12:01 before my chariot turns into a pumpkin...:D

We said NO this year to that massive cluster. They jacked the price, parking kills, and the OFs that just stop in the middle of the isles as though no one else would need to continue down the aisles. It's amazing the lack of peripheral vision people have. Or is it just stoopid rude? Oh, I get to call 'em "OFs" because I are one....That pays attention to my surroundings. It also amazes me the people that come in after you've been waiting in line and just pack in at the front? People at gun shows don't do that?

I do like a lot of it though....Kids trout pond is the best. The show isn't too bad for the first hour or so and I enjoy just looking. I don't know about buys? I bought my boat there in 2001, not sure it was any great deal once I payed for needed upgrades? I think most of the "Deals" can be had at the retailers stores, without paying and dealing with the people at the show. I have never left the show and said it wasn't worth it though. But I felt I needed to make a statement this year. Not that anyone at, or with, the show give a care about us not going. This year we went to the woods to shoot instead. Shot three of my rifles, a couple of pistols, and a friend brought a Swedish Mauser, my current dream gun, and I got to shoot it. Made my week!

Next year, maybe.
I

Same here, I have enough stuff to do what I need and it all works, no need for the latest & greatest.;)

We got there before they opened the doors and stayed until they followed us out. LOL Had a blast checking out all the booths and great seminars. There was even one specifically for long range hunting and ethics. Very informative. I fell in love with a couple new scopes too.

The kids flung a dozen arrows each down at the props and balloons - actually popped one of the balloons this year.

The kids limited out back in the trout pond! We brought home a couple between 10"-13" and four that were +23" Man, it was awesome watching them land those beasts on a simple short cane pole.

We could easily spend two full days there by attending the seminars and taking our time.

yep - the boat show has a lot more variety in boats shown, the ones at the sportsman's show were of the metal NW boat variety, some bass boats, and a small handful of glass center console boats. I was in love. I could take or leave the NW boats - I don't troll much, I don't still fish much, so a crapton of seating, a big covered cabin (with or without pizza oven and porta potty) don't do much for me. Give me a big casting deck, as few bobbles to snag fly line on as possible, a bow mounted trolling motor, and a decent graph and I'm a happy camper. I like boats by Lund, Low, Tracker, Whaler, Ranger and Skeeter. I also dig drift boats. Alumawelds, Willie, and North River are comfy to ride in and look cool, but don't serve my style of fishing terribly well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top