JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else attend?

Aside from drooling on boats, I stopped by a gun shop/accessory maker from St Helens, had some cool G10 AR pistol grips and unique free float rails. Cool stuff.

I got a new TFO fly rod for closeout price, now I am properly armed to chase Tiger Musky, and throw the biggest flies in my collection with more oomph.

Was a fun time. Now we're on the crime train headed back to Hillsboro, going to 5 guys for late lunch vs spending $7 each for a hot dog, and $4 each for a 20 oz soda.

My 2.5 year old daughter and I went up today. We had a great time. She loves looking at the taxidermy at Cabela's, so this was just more of that. Plus she got to play in boats, sit on quads and there was a HORSE (pack mule, but she called it a horse.). We bought some jerky from a vendor and we played with a Savage Rascal, she's actually strong enough to work the action. I've got way more time with her lately since Mom broke her ankle and it has been wonderful.

Last time I went my 10 yr old daughter was in a stroller, went today with all three kids (four counting me) and the wife. We all had an awesome time. Other than my daughter and I no one had been to it before. I left with my wallet a little lighter. Tracker Safes hooked me on my third safe from them. We also saw Thurber from the show Gold Rush. His mustache is as sweet in person as it is on tv!!!

Last time I went my 10 yr old daughter was in a stroller, went today with all three kids (four counting me) and the wife. We all had an awesome time. Other than my daughter and I no one had been to it before. I left with my wallet a little lighter. Tracker Safes hooked me on my third safe from them. We also saw Thurber from the show Gold Rush. His mustache is as sweet in person as it is on tv!!!
thurber!! been with todd since day 1!

F4220B9C-D762-47AC-8700-4B7990524E2C.jpeg 553F0FF1-17B9-403D-9484-AD21071003C6.jpeg Went Thur pm and came home with this decoy for my bow

Decoy has orange ribbon that can be placed on ears and across chest.
Won't go stalk through the woods with it but for close in stalk might be interesting.

We said NO this year to that massive cluster. They jacked the price, parking kills, and the OFs that just stop in the middle of the isles as though no one else would need to continue down the aisles. It's amazing the lack of peripheral vision people have. Or is it just stoopid rude? Oh, I get to call 'em "OFs" because I are one....That pays attention to my surroundings. It also amazes me the people that come in after you've been waiting in line and just pack in at the front? People at gun shows don't do that?

I do like a lot of it though....Kids trout pond is the best. The show isn't too bad for the first hour or so and I enjoy just looking. I don't know about buys? I bought my boat there in 2001, not sure it was any great deal once I payed for needed upgrades? I think most of the "Deals" can be had at the retailers stores, without paying and dealing with the people at the show. I have never left the show and said it wasn't worth it though. But I felt I needed to make a statement this year. Not that anyone at, or with, the show give a care about us not going. This year we went to the woods to shoot instead. Shot three of my rifles, a couple of pistols, and a friend brought a Swedish Mauser, my current dream gun, and I got to shoot it. Made my week!

Next year, maybe.

For boats - the deals were ok. Few had upped HP engines for base model prices, but every one except the high end Rangers and Skeeters needed upgrades. Even the high dollar metal nw boats. One boat I hoped to see in person was not at the show, but its a Clacka so I can just drive out to their shop to see one.

I really liked the G10 pistol grip he had on the demo rifle. The $100+ price tag however will keep one off my rifle until I become far more wealthy. My MagPul Moe+ will have to suffice for now. I do really dig their rail though, the 9 inch may just wind up on my AR pistol if I get around to finishing that build. He had some sweet barrels on hand too.

We said NO this year to that massive cluster. They jacked the price, parking kills, and the OFs that just stop in the middle of the isles as though no one else would need to continue down the aisles. It's amazing the lack of peripheral vision people have. Or is it just stoopid rude? Oh, I get to call 'em "OFs" because I are one....That pays attention to my surroundings. It also amazes me the people that come in after you've been waiting in line and just pack in at the front? People at gun shows don't do that?

I do like a lot of it though....Kids trout pond is the best. The show isn't too bad for the first hour or so and I enjoy just looking. I don't know about buys? I bought my boat there in 2001, not sure it was any great deal once I payed for needed upgrades? I think most of the "Deals" can be had at the retailers stores, without paying and dealing with the people at the show. I have never left the show and said it wasn't worth it though. But I felt I needed to make a statement this year. Not that anyone at, or with, the show give a care about us not going. This year we went to the woods to shoot instead. Shot three of my rifles, a couple of pistols, and a friend brought a Swedish Mauser, my current dream gun, and I got to shoot it. Made my week!

Next year, maybe.
This is why we attend thurs afternoon and eve. No lines and crowds were tolerable.

I only go every couple of years or so. I don't see the need to look at things I already own...
That said, I pulled the little man out of school on Thursday and went to the show. He had a blast! Tired of the fish pond quickly, but at 10, he'll wake up at whatever time to go fishing. He got to shoot a bow and a B.B. gun, all of which he can do anytime at the house. All he has to do is ask and I'll pull out a 22 and sit with him while he runs through a brick of ammo.
And Dad had fun too! Got a new cds scope, a new set of oars for the Cataraft, found a few friends that I typically don't see unless I'm at the beach, found the right rods for an adventure this summer, spent a few bucks on pizza for the little man and a few cold ones for me. Spent a bunch more time there than I thought we would.
I'll be back in a couple more years...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top