JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
co worker of mine needed quick cash and sold me his Mauser 1891 Argentine for $100. It also has a cheap Universal scope on it and what looks to be a nice Walnut stock. I know relatively little about this rifle and am thinking to trade it in for something I want more.
Any info and opinions or expertise you all can provide would be greatly appreciated!

for the most part, Mauser receivers are great and one of the most sporterized military arm there is....but their collector value is nil once the barrel is changed and the receiver is tapped and drilled.

Receiver value is between 100 and 150, depending on location and condition, then throw in the barrel and stock. you got a good deal but if you try to sell it you're looking at probably less than 300

what caliber is this is?

Unfortunately, the 1891 Argentine Mauser is not one that lends itself well to sporterization. The big boxy magazine on the bottom of the gun and the odd ammunition make it less desirable as an action for full customs than say the later 1909 Argentine with its hinged floorplate. Assuming the gun is shootable, it's worth right about what you paid for it.

Nice rifle to have as an extra. Unless you really need the $ it probably wouldn't bring enough to sell. For $100 it's worth having just to hang on to. A fellow I work with has one rebarrelled to .300 Sav, which is unusual since the M91 is not commonly a candidate for caliber conversion.
Ammo is not exactly ubuquitous. Ammoman doesn't list it. 7.65x53mm Argentine (7.65x53mm Mauser) rifle ammo ammunition - AmmoSeek.com has it, but it sure isn't cheap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top