JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$450
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Another nostalgia-is-a-hell-of-a-drug piece for me that I have had forever, I've never shot it and I'm not likely to anytime soon icon_rolleyes.gif

Had to believe it now, but once upon a time in 'Merica! off the shelf rifles didn't shoot 1/4" groups with factory ammo, 500+ yard shots where NOT the norm, and huge herds of ex military rifles roamed the plains and flocks of Swedish Mausers would darken the sky when they flew over. :(

OK, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but you catch my drift :cool:

So much like my dreams of pronghorn with a pistol are gone, it's time to let go of the Rocky Mountain Elk hunt dream. A part of me still believes that a week in a horse camp, wakening to campfire coffee and hours above the clouds in a saddle would be a more than just a few steps closer to heaven, and than there is the part of me I like to call "my body" that knows that Life-flight helicopter rides ain't cheep :confused:

The price is firm at $450.00 and no trades on this one because that is the amount I need to make a couple three things happen to help some friends out. Nothing life shattering or all that interesting to anyone not directly involved, but that's what it is. If I find the money someplace else, or if this doesn't sell it it will just stay in it's special spot in my safe. And maybe some night after the work is all done and my beautiful bride is tuck safely in bed I'll put some Willie, or maybe some Chris Ladoux on and pull it out of the safe And if I hit just the right spot with the whiskey*, when I close my eyes for just a few minutes I just might hear the wind in the tall trees, smell the smoke of the evening fire and feel the first touch of fall in the night air.

Looks to be a Fajen or more likely, Herters stock, don't know for sure. Glass bedded and free floated to the receiver, Timney trigger (pretty sure it's a Timney). Original barrel and the ears are ground off and it's topped with a Conetrol scope mount with a Leupold M8 4x scope that just went through the shop for a clean & inspect.

Now that Conetrol scope mount, it poses a bit of a challenge. As it is set up, it is a damn near perfect example of what it is. But if you don't like the scope your choices are limited. Scope tubes are, as a rule, shorter these days, and Conetrol didn't make extended rings as far as I can tell. Leupold and Redfield rings don't fit, and whoever D&T'd it screwed up the 4th hole and it's off center. th_ohgeez-1.gif Not terrible, just what it is. It is 100% ready to go as it sits, or you can get a 'smith to add a new 4th hole and put a different mount system on it.

Or maybe if your taller than me or have a turkey neck and another scope might work.

I like A Cut Above in Beaverton, but I'm open to other options.

* I mean totally metaphorically of course! No one would ever indulge in just a touch of an adult beverage and handle an unloaded firearm.

View attachment 571397

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Have one of these passed down by my grandfather. Got an old weaver scope that holds true beautifully. Mine is more accurate than I am, and the weight of makes the recoil feel more like a .223. Nice piece of history there. Glws.

Nice rifle. The stock is likely a Herters, as they were the ones that fancied that lightning bold spacer pattern.
For what it's worth, I hope that finances figure out elsewhere and you are able to keep this fine beastie in the safe!

Two weeks on and still here . . . alternative funding is going well, even if only my $10 here and $20 there. :s0159::s0060:

So if you are close to agreement with me on the price and you are interested now would be the time to shoot me a PM. Not going drop the price, but if you can't tell, I'm a sucker for a solid offer and a good story. :s0090:

There I was, no kiddin' .....minding my own business, when....

...those rings and mount look more like Buehler than Conetrol.

;)

There I was, no kiddin' .....minding my own business, when....

...those rings and mount look more like Buehler than Conetrol.

;)

You are correct, they are Buehler, I made that mistake when I was checking my notes and Contetrol where one of the ones I looked at for a solution.

And as it turns out, all that is moot, I found the funds I needed elsewhere and after this post and bump I will close this thread.

Ya'll be good to each other and just remember . . .

A little over a year later and this one is still siting unshot in the safe :rolleyes:

Something else has caught my eye, so going give this a try again, mostly interested in cash but feel free to make a trade offer if you have something more interesting than a Glock or a shotgun.

I did pick up 3 boxes of Rem 30-06 - 180 Grain PSP - Remington Core-Lokt, this stuff that I will include as well for the same price of $450.00 cash monies

I still like A Cut Above, but I'm open to almost anyplace in the PDX area that isn't Tigard Pawn 4 More ;)

Seems to me That Rifle is a KEEPER..... :)
The stock alone is...
well, finding another would be hard & pricey....

I can relate to your Dilema.... :(

I Hope it goes to a good home....:)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.