JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As of Jan. 1, 2011 there will be cameras on the 520 bridge in Seattle so when you pass it they can send you a bill in the mail. Peak hours are looking around $3.30-$3.80 each way.

By 2016 WADOT seeks to toll 5, Viaduct (but eff that POS), 405, 90 and increase 167 highways. All done by cameras photographing your license plate.

Side note. I'm just tickled I get to pay $7/day to cross a dangerous (traffic and earthquake safety wise) bridge. Insult to injury, WADOT stated that the toll will negligibly decrease traffic.

Dunno, I can see both sides of this...

Driving is a privilege, not a right. Theoretically, they can compel me to wear plaid knickers and a tinfoil topper whenever I drive. For my own protection, of course!
And yet,
The Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure imply a freedom from scrutiny, at least without something that passes for PC.

Do you really think that photographing your plate is the worst that goes on? I got some baaaad news for y'all:

"Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans"

Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans - Andy Greenberg - The Firewall - Forbes

No PC, no reasonable suspicion, and it's not limited to scanning you in your car. Oh, and BTW, it exposes you to ionizing radiation! How many of the people that are unknowingly X-rayed are PREGNANT?

If you guys are all that worried, there's 420 Million Acres up in Alaska. Most of that is wilderness. Lots of secluded land for sale. If you are worried about big brother, grab a rifle, a few boxes of shells, a saw, axe, and a few other supplies and make a beeline for the woods. No car to track... ;)

Years ago the 68 gun control act required that all amunition bought had to go on record. The belief was they could use your buying ammo as evidence you used it in a crime. This record keeping went on for years and not one crime was solved by all the information gathered. Government is big on information but the bueacrats that go over it are normally worth about 50% a normal worker.

If you want to do something then overload them with information that is meaningless. Fill their systems with garbage every chance you get. Make them work for what they get. LOL

jj

AI is up and running. The machine never sleeps.

They haven't had to pull you over to check you out for years.

Ever done something dumb and picked up a cop that just sits back behind you for a mile or so? He knows you know he is there. He's just not waiting for you to do something else dumb, he knows you probably won't. He checking you out. He knows he has probable cause so he/she is just seeing if it will be worth the trouble.

If you checkout good he usually just goes away and finds something more fun/worth while to do. Standing out there on the side of the road with cars speeding past is not their idea of a good time. It is dangerous, dirty and loud.

Ed :s0114:

They haven't had to pull you over to check you out for years.

Ever done something dumb and picked up a cop that just sits back behind you for a mile or so? He knows you know he is there. He's just not waiting for you to do something else dumb, he knows you probably won't. He checking you out. He knows he has probable cause so he/she is just seeing if it will be worth the trouble.

If you checkout good he usually just goes away and finds something more fun/worth while to do. Standing out there on the side of the road with cars speeding past is not their idea of a good time. It is dangerous, dirty and loud.

Ed :s0114:

I don't give them the chance. If I get a cop who pulls up and rides my butt while he is trying to pull up my info, I just pull over to the side of the road. I don't play that crap of having them follow me for 6 miles looking for a reason to pull me over. Twice I have had the officer quickly pull in behind me. Both times they asked why I pulled over and I just told them that I felt they were creating a hazardous driving environment and I thought it would be better to let them pass by. Never had a ticket in my life, so I guess it hasn't hurt me.

If you guys are all that worried, there's 420 Million Acres up in Alaska. Most of that is wilderness. Lots of secluded land for sale. If you are worried about big brother, grab a rifle, a few boxes of shells, a saw, axe, and a few other supplies and make a beeline for the woods. No car to track... ;)

What about a living? You have to pay your way through life............

What about a living? You have to pay your way through life............

Wood heat, hunt and garden. Save up a small nest-egg to pay for necessities. Trap and sell the pelts. Self-reliance. People have been doing it for thousands of years. We've just become pre-programmed to think we need more and that unless our food comes from a grocery store or our heat from a vent in the wall, we'd be lost. You'd be surprised how self reliant you can be when you are forced into it...

Just because I suggested it, doesn't mean I'm in a hurry to do it. I like my computer too...;)

Wood heat, hunt and garden. Save up a small nest-egg to pay for necessities. Trap and sell the pelts. Self-reliance. People have been doing it for thousands of years. We've just become pre-programmed to think we need more and that unless our food comes from a grocery store or our heat from a vent in the wall, we'd be lost. You'd be surprised how self reliant you can be when you are forced into it...

Just because I suggested it, doesn't mean I'm in a hurry to do it. I like my computer too...;)

Survival and nessecity are one thing, but by choice? Maybe if SHTF, I could understand. I am not sure I would make that choice unless forced too.

You are correct for sure. People are out of touch for sure. That is what makes it so dangerous if all of the sudden the things we take for granted no longer exist like electricity, credit cards, etc.

I don't give them the chance. If I get a cop who pulls up and rides my butt while he is trying to pull up my info, I just pull over to the side of the road. I don't play that crap of having them follow me for 6 miles looking for a reason to pull me over. Twice I have had the officer quickly pull in behind me. Both times they asked why I pulled over and I just told them that I felt they were creating a hazardous driving environment and I thought it would be better to let them pass by. Never had a ticket in my life, so I guess it hasn't hurt me.

I have got to try that. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads