JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I was in too happy of a mood, I just got back from Arizona and what not to get mad over some guy flicking me off.

So heres what happened, Im driving in a mazda miata, yes I know its a gay mans or "hair dressers car" and I have a Pro-Choice bumper sticker on the back which is probably what he used to profile me as possibly a stereotypical liberal (actually on social issues Im more libertarian than Ron Paul. I think its time to get BIG government, particularly the Christian Right, out of our doctors offices, bedrooms, stop wagging their fingers at gay men who want to marry or fight for their country, etc.)

So I knew if I got pissed off, he would have won since that was the reaction he was going for, so I made an "o" face with my mouth, and stopped my hand about 1" from the "o". I think it was totally mocking and insolent of me to do that to the truck driver, even he could see he wasn't successful at instigating road rage with me, and what could I do he's in an 18 wheeler and Im in a miata.

I would think the only reason one would need to flip off is the fact you drive a Miata

Im pretty use to dealing with road ragers. If they are threatening towards me, I definitely call the police though, most road ragers aren't the brightest people on the road.

The truck driver, it was like the lights were on, but nobody was home.

I guess they are trying to win me over to their side by giving me the finger, Its a piss poor tactic if thats the case. The finger is such an effortless gesture, its insulting, but Id rather moon a person to get my point across than raise the middle finger on my right or left hand. Mooning atleast takes effort, which btw, I have done to road ragers before when I was riding passenger. If you are going to make your displeasure known to the person, I say don't half-*** it by "flipping" them off, and moon them.

Im pretty use to dealing with road ragers. If they are threatening towards me, I definitely call the police though, most road ragers aren't the brightest people on the road.

The truck driver, it was like the lights were on, but nobody was home.
======================================================

Other then the Miata thing, why do you think so many people direct there road rage at you?

I was in too happy of a mood, I just got back from Arizona and what not to get mad over some guy flicking me off.

So heres what happened, Im driving in a mazda miata, yes I know its a gay mans or "hair dressers car" and I have a Pro-Choice bumper sticker on the back which is probably what he used to profile me as possibly a stereotypical liberal (actually on social issues Im more libertarian than Ron Paul. I think its time to get BIG government, particularly the Christian Right, out of our doctors offices, bedrooms, stop wagging their fingers at gay men who want to marry or fight for their country, etc.)

So I knew if I got pissed off, he would have won since that was the reaction he was going for, so I made an "o" face with my mouth, and stopped my hand about 1" from the "o". I think it was totally mocking and insolent of me to do that to the truck driver, even he could see he wasn't successful at instigating road rage with me, and what could I do he's in an 18 wheeler and Im in a miata.

You sure invented quite a story.

So how close did you cut in front of him? Before he took the effort to let you know what he thought of your being. I drive truck and not that all truck drivers are anything alike but I'm not wasting the effort to flip some dork off unless they have done something to piss me off or endanger me.

I should probably PM you guys my bumper sticker, its pretty inflammatory. I didn't want to post it here so it wouldn't fire off a women's reproductive rights debate. Lets just say I took a Pro-"Life" bumper sticker, and switched the words to make a very inflammatory Pro-Choice bumper sticker. After years of reading the Pro-"Life" version of the bumper sticker, I finally got sick of reading it and would give it back to those same people.

But he didn't "look" like an evangelical Christian, I think he profiled me as a stereotypical liberal between the car I was driving plus the bumper sticker on the back. No I wasn't driving like an bubblegum that day, I haven't gotten a single ticket in this car and I bought it almost 3 years ago. Now the MR2, that was a car I drove like hell on wheels in, but when you got 340whp in a 2700lb chassis, who wouldn't?

OK now I'm really sorry I got involved

Too late, I sent you a PM with the bumper sticker, but its only because I respect your opinion on this matter. I don't want to post the bumper sticker because it would be blatant trolling of this forum.

Lets just say, I like to have sex with women and NOT father children. This should be considered a success to the people on this forum that I don't want to contaminate the rest of the world with my own offspring.

There are way too many serious things in life to be concerned with at all. I would have disregarded such an act within 15 seconds.

There are way too many serious things in life to be concerned with at all. I would have disregarded such an act within 15 seconds.

Well that pretty much ends it. This guy is on a higher level of humanity than I am to let a minor showing of disrespect not bother him at all. He is clearly more developed than I am. I think admins can close this thread safely now, since Burt Gummer had the correct solution to the minor situation all along.

Gee Jimmy, I didn't know we were looking for a solution. I thought it was more of this is how my day went story.

I like the thread we should keep it open, I am sure other members of the forum also drive Miatas.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads