JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The RC flying club field is open but face masks and proper social distancing is in effect. I not been to field for almost two years now. Very little time to fly RCs right now. I do have an Invictus 4x4 truck that I sometimes run in my cul de sac in my neighborhood.
I'm in it up to my knees, or, once was.

@Ura-Ki You sound a lot like a buddy down in Arizona from the Wings of War miniatures community... Clipper's having to shut down from age and deteriorating hands, but he's the genius behind bringing Zeppelins to the tabletop (monsters 6" around and almost 4' long!) for that game, so it's a pity you guys couldn't go into business together to keep what he's started going and maybe improve on it.

Alcohol (like, isopropyl type) is still unobtainium.

Over the weekend I had a helluva time getting bagged ice. Damn recreators.
was standing in line at Rite Aid pharmacy - sign at the pharmacy window - due to nationwide shortage of small bills and coins, we cannot accept large bills that require change and ask you pay in a way that does not require change - or something to that affect. A nationwide shortage of small bills and coins. huh?

@Reno, I searched for PA prisms to no avail so I went with Burris AR332 3X sights.

I can't give a report because I'm still building the guns they go on. But for my seventy year old eyes the reticle works really well.

Not firearm related, but canning lids are double normal price on Amazon right now. Will check some stores instead. Shoulda thought of this when I was buying seeds.
I tried to open a PM with you, but the site says I can't send you a message. Wanted to talk with you...

I'm getting around to posting in classifieds a... hand sanitizer production unit. A nice re flux rig - done right will put out ~ 90 abv hand sanitizer & cleaning fluid. Sugar and water in - cleaning solvent out. turbo500

20 gauge buckshot shotshells. Sold out in the entire country so far as I can tell. Lucky though, I got the last bag of #3 buckshot delivered to my door today, along with the rest of the makings.

EDIT: maybe I should sell individual pellets on ebay once I've used what I want.

The RC flying club field is open but face masks and proper social distancing is in effect. I not been to field for almost two years now. Very little time to fly RCs right now. I do have an Invictus 4x4 truck that I sometimes run in my cul de sac in my neighborhood.
I picked up the Horizion Hobbies SuperCub ( because it's a lot like my real one) and have been having a blast with it here locally! As big as it is, it's super easy to keep it in close and enjoy it, mostly doing the STOL flights and testing out all the mods! Can't fly Jet here, not enough space, and now they require special permits, even though it's electric!

I picked up the Horizion Hobbies SuperCub ( because it's a lot like my real one) and have been having a blast with it here locally! As big as it is, it's super easy to keep it in close and enjoy it, mostly doing the STOL flights and testing out all the mods! Can't fly Jet here, not enough space, and now they require special permits, even though it's electric!
Do you keep up with Mike Patey and Draco? (rip)
Seen Scrappy?

Do you keep up with Mike Patey and Draco? (rip)
Seen Scrappy?
Oh Yes, I'm sort of on again off again friends with Mike and Mark and the rest of the boys, I'm actually a member of the STOL Rats out of Nor-Cal ( as it's the closest to Or.) and I hang with Steve Henry quite a bit, he has really helped me problem solve a bunch of little things and sourced me parts through Just Aircraft that I couldn't get otherwise!

Mike is still Broken up about Draco, Though he has Draco II lined up for when he gets Scrappy all done and dialed in! I cant say more, but he is going crazy with Draco II! Scrappy is almost done, he is about half way through the wing build and it's going to be as crazy as the rest of it, cant wait to see it!

Mine isn't near as radical, but I do have more wing then Mike and I have lots of power, and mine is much lighter weight, so it's going to be fun to see how it comes out!
1594075724625.png

Oh Yes, I'm sort of on again off again friends with Mike and Mark and the rest of the boys, I'm actually a member of the STOL Rats out of Nor-Cal ( as it's the closest to Or.) and I hang with Steve Henry quite a bit, he has really helped me problem solve a bunch of little things and sourced me parts through Just Aircraft that I couldn't get otherwise!

Mike is still Broken up about Draco, Though he has Draco II lined up for when he gets Scrappy all done and dialed in! I cant say more, but he is going crazy with Draco II! Scrappy is almost done, he is about half way through the wing build and it's going to be as crazy as the rest of it, cant wait to see it!

Mine isn't near as radical, but I do have more wing then Mike and I have lots of power, and mine is much lighter weight, so it's going to be fun to see how it comes out!
View attachment 718676
I KNEW he wouldn't give up a turbine now. Sweet. Thanks for the info!

I KNEW he wouldn't give up a turbine now. Sweet. Thanks for the info!
All I can say is if you watch all his Scrappy build videos, he does drop some serious hints at what he is up to with Draco II, plus his lovely Bride has her new plane now and wants to play with the boys, which is freaking awesome! I'd fly with her anytime! Besides, she is one of the few who didn't call my Savage "Cute" and instead thought it was more hot rod like then most bush planes!
1594076274151.png

I have a kit (plans) for a cub with 11ft wingspan.
Something I got from a fellow builders collection, after he passed away.
I highly doubt (not sure on that) that I will ever complete it.

EDIT
I would build it as a water tight hard frame, and turn it into a weathervane :D

I have a kit (plans) for a cub with 11ft wingspan.
Something I got from a fellow builders collection, after he passed away.
I highly doubt (not sure on that) that I will ever complete it.

EDIT
I would build it as a water tight hard frame, and turn it into a weathervane :D
That's almost 1/3 scale, freaking YUGE! :s0001:
My Big Cub ( real one ) is a 38 foot span, and the Savage is 33 foot!

Other than Covid stuff, what use is it for gun related stuff? I used to use it to make my own case lubricant. Started using triple distilled vodka. Roughly the same amount of alcohol to water as 70% iso.
I had to resort to using brake cleaner. I haven't been able to find isopropyl alcohol anywhere since March.

20 gauge buckshot shotshells. Sold out in the entire country so far as I can tell. Lucky though, I got the last bag of #3 buckshot delivered to my door today, along with the rest of the makings.

EDIT: maybe I should sell individual pellets on ebay once I've used what I want.
When I was making the 4 buck 20ga loads I couldn't find small quanities of the shot .... until I looked in the fishing isle. .21 slinky shot is the same size as 4 buck.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top