JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll grant you that winning a World Cup is akin to the SuperB owl (copy right & trade mark by billionaires)

But this MLS win is more like winning the Grey Cup.

Long live the greatest Football player in Grey Cup history - Doug Flutie!

I'm going to disagree... The World Cup involves the whole world. The Super Bowl involves the US only. Winning against the whole world is bigger than winning against other teams in your same country.

MLS is the top tier for soccer in the US, just like the NFL is the top tier for football in the US. Therefore, the MLS Cup is in line with winning Super Bowl. The main difference is that the MLS Cup doesn't take 5 hours and break for commercials every 5 minutes :D

Did the MLS Cup have a half time show featuring old B-List music?

Was there a week of interviews?

A day dedicated to the event?

Was the stadium even sold out?!?

Also - if you can bring in a Chain Saw (working) to cheer on your team, what kind of event is that!

One last thing, saw this in Fox12 news, Viszua, Visxxx, Visu , Those stupid horn thingy's.

Maybe you have to have played it to get it. I grew up playing soccer, baseball, and basketball which turned into playing soccer year round. Played soccer in college and would be playing today if I hadn't destroyed a leg motorcycling. Best sport in the world as far as I'm concerned. Not sure why everybody feels they need to bash it.

Have been a Timbers fan forever so it was great to see a win.

You don't like or understand a simple game played all over the world, the essence of which is, two teams trying to put a ball in a goal with everyone's hands tied behind their backs? Fine, like or dislike whatever you want. Me, I'm a fan and a referee; I watched various iterations of Timbers with high school dates, my wife, my son. Forty years is a long time to wait for a championship. Why pee on the parade? The rain that will fall on the parade will be from the sky and Timbers fans will soak it up. RCTID

Good for you, I'd rather be fishing or doing manly stuff.o_O

Maybe you have to have played it to get it. I grew up playing soccer, baseball, and basketball which turned into playing soccer year round. Played soccer in college and would be playing today if I hadn't destroyed a leg motorcycling. Best sport in the world as far as I'm concerned. Not sure why everybody feels they need to bash it.

Have been a Timbers fan forever so it was great to see a win.

We're in the same boat...would still be playing at some sort of competitive level if i didn't destroy my leg in a motorcycle accident. :(

2 hr game of running where te high score is 2.

F that. It fits in hipster, cool cause of the day portland. Just like anyother fade here

Actually, high scores in any sport only shows the defense sucked. Now if each goal was worth, say 10 points, then ya could have a 2hr game an the score would be 20....Just sayin'....;)

Last Edited:
Don't forget THE MONEY !!:eek::eek:

NFL players take the smallest share of a teams overall profit compared to any other sport. Football salary cap is under 150 million per team distributed amongst 53 players per team. An NFL franchise is worth nearly 2 billion dollars.

Compare this with an average MLB team worth under 700 million with only 25 players sharing an annual payroll as high as 200 million.

I'm going to disagree... The World Cup involves the whole world. The Super Bowl involves the US only. Winning against the whole world is bigger than winning against other teams in your same country.

MLS is the top tier for soccer in the US, just like the NFL is the top tier for football in the US. Therefore, the MLS Cup is in line with winning Super Bowl. The main difference is that the MLS Cup doesn't take 5 hours and break for commercials every 5 minutes

MLS is the top tier for soccer in the US, just like the NFL is the top tier for football in the US. Therefore, the MLS Cup is in line with winning Super Bowl. The main difference is that the MLS Cup doesn't take 5 hours and break for commercials every 5 minutes :D

If NFL caliber talent was worldwide, I'd agree. But, its not. Its focused here and the rest of the world is irrelevant. The MLS is not a compilatuon of the best players worldwide, its watered down talent.

Went to a World Series game this year. It was wonderful! I know that the Super Bowl is also bigger than life. Even the NBA championships are pretty special to a lot of folks.

But...Soccer? I just heard on the news tonight that the Timbers, Portlands soccer team, won a championship of some kind. Didn't even know they were playing. Interest in soccer must be pretty generational, and I have no interest.

They moved minor league baseball out of Portland to make room for soccer, and I've never been in the stadium since.

Am I the odd man out? Anybody else interested in soccer?

WAYNO.

The US Women's National Soccer Team ( ranked #1 in the world and the current Women's World Cup and Olympic Soccer Champions ) is playing against Communist China ( ranked #9 in the world ) this Wednesday evening on Fox Sports 1 cable channel. Game time is 5pm Pacific.

Watch and root for team US as they take on the Communist Infidels. They are so, so much fun to watch.

Here is USA midfielder Carli Lloyd scoring her 2nd goal in last summer's World Cup Championship game, getting the ball past two Japanese defenders and also their goal keeper.

lloyd1.jpg

And don't forget Lloyd's record setting third goal in the World Cup final, struck 54 yards from the goal.

Lloyd_long3.jpg

Team USA: 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup Champs!

us womens_world_cup_usa_tl_150706_16x9_992.jpg

US The_team_popped_sparkling_wine_in_their_locker_room_after_beatin-a-2_1436192820491.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads