JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yay Portland, you made Fox News again.
Whose decision was it anyway to swear in these patriots while surrounded by Communists? Maybe to show them that they don't have to go overseas anymore to fight the enemy?

I like going out in American cities but Portland is just too much. Scolding people has become a sport up there. Bunch of white upper middle class spoiled brats looking for a cause because they already have everything. Must be nice.

FWIW I plan to buy those soldiers a beer at the airport bar someday. They are the real heroes on that field.

My only regret is that just like Nike, the NFL, Microsoft, Starbucks, and dozens of advertisement-pulling virtue-flag flying corporations and local private businesses, MLS will never feel the sting of my lost revenue (for obvious reasons).

The statement given by the representative regarding fans' vocal opposition to "facsism" was at best lame. At worst it shows an appalling lack of knowledge about current events, Antifa tactics, and some basic history with regards to both.

What a sorry state of affairs. I didn't swear my oath as a sign of fealty to the president that happened to be in office at the time, and I'm pretty sure the bulk of the folks on the receiving end of those boos and cat calls didn't either. Everyone that participated in the derision should be ashamed that their actions marred a moment in time that should be remembered with pride.

I like going out in American cities but Portland is just too much. Scolding people has become a sport up there. Bunch of white upper middle class spoiled brats looking for a cause because they already have everything. Must be nice.

FWIW I plan to buy those soldiers a beer at the airport bar someday. They are the real heroes on that field.

Let me know when you go. I will sit with you and them, and pay for 1/2 !

:s0155:

The more i think of this, the more it torque's me! NFL lost me over the kneeling fiasco. I always liked soccer, and rooted for the Thorn's and Timbers. If the PDX owners don't do something about this latest "incident", soccer in PDX may lose me too! :mad:

(Not that they would give a rats ____ about me and MY feelings! :oops:)

it's their right, and they only booed one part of the oath, about following the commander in chief. The recruits got a loud applause from everyone at the end of their oath. The headline for some reason, could lead people to think the recruits themselves were booed. We wouldn't want to be falling for fake news would we?

Portland's not nearly as scary as yall make it out to be, the vast majority of folks are normal, just like the vast majority of gun owners are.

it's their right, and they only booed one part of the oath, about following the commander in chief. The recruits got a loud applause from everyone at the end of their oath. The headline for some reason, could lead people to think the recruits themselves were booed. We wouldn't want to be falling for fake news would we?

Portland's not nearly as scary as yall make it out to be, the vast majority of folks are normal, just like the vast majority of gun owners are.

Time and place my friend. Personally most are tired of all the 24 x 7 politics. Leave it out of an oath ceremony, It's about what these brave young and women are about to embark upon, not who the POTUS is or what those in the crowd's political leanings are.

Rant over.

Scary, no. Pretentious, entitled, and obnoxious, yes.

Regardless of what part they booed at, these recruits were taking an oath that they would be willing to sacrifice life and limb for the interests of the US. They don't need that moment to be a political fiasco. Let them have their moment.

And Portland people may be normal on average, but that average is the Mendoza line of "normal".

Stop it... it's their right? That's where you're going?

Well, no kidding man. I think we all know that. What kind of audience do you think you're addressing here?

Has the totalitarian, Constitution-shredding, fascist Trump administration started rounding-up these people? Have there been arrests made? Rights infringed upon? Of course not.

Booing while enlistees are in the middle of their ceremony is obnoxious but pretty mild for the Deplorable-hating left. I remember some similar actions (on a smaller scale) during the Clinton and Obama administrations that got national attention... this is no better than that, just bigger.

I have mixed feelings. Yes the event could have been handled way way better. Different environment. Also I have a problem with the demand that the new recruits follow the orders of President Trump. Not the legal orders of the commander in chief or all legal orders of all superiors.

Swearing fealty to to Trump makes me think of the oath the Nazi Party demanded of new and old soldiers .... to swear fealty and personal loyalty to Adolf Hitler.
The legal orders of The Commander In Chief sounds more like the USA. Just me. Others will disagree which is good.

I may be in the minority, but I'm pretty much over the juxtaposition of sports and politics. Sure, everyone has a right to their own opinions, but at the end of the day, can't we just 'play ball' and let that be the focus...??

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top