JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is good that NWFA has posting in a classified section seperate from general discussion.
Also good that the moderators frown on crapping on someone's for sale post even though it is outrageous and boardering on
well, leave it at that.
Times I would like to post a reply saying are you bublegumming crazy? 26 cents a round for 22lr that I just paid 7 cents at Fishersmans Marine last week? (First new ammo ourchase in a few months). Or the 56 cents a round for .380?

Have traded or purchased several k of 22lr as well as other ammo over the last year from members here.
Almost all has been ammo over 2 years old, virtually none has been new purchases then listed here. Sometimes these members were consolidating calibers or balancing out the reserve in the cabinet. Shuffling what we have vrs what we need. Not everyone is buying new ammo and hoarding. Kind of shoots holes in the everyone is buying new and hoarding theory. Sure lots of that is going on, but doesn't explain where all the millions of rounds produced each week are going.

Pulled the cover off the Dillon and will use some of the fixins stored up for the centerfire rounds I like to shoot. Reloading price per round is getting very attractive. Of course can't reload the exusive 22lr.

Can't say I haven't confronted anyone selling high on here. 99% of the time have done it via PM cause I wasn't going to crap on there thread cause someone else buys it then hey what are you to do. I have had varied responces to the PM's though from F.U. to very polite PM's about the price where neither party got upset and the PM's remained civilized. I just try to state my oppinion on what I feel is moraly correct and fair. I understand making a buck or two but not doubling down. Most the stuff I look for is what I am replacing as I shoot. I still have 5-6K of Remington GB from back in late 90's when Fishermans ran a awsome deal on 525 packs with a limit of 2 per day. I went in every day and bought my two for the length of the sale which was a couple weeks long (The shelf never emptied)

My main grip is when I see it in stores and a week or so later I see the same things for sale in forums, it just rubs me the wrong way and if I am in the mood I pounce.

I think the reason no one is posting ads for overpriced ammo on this forum is because they are avoiding ridicule. Why try to sell here when you can put it on armslist for more. I have seen ads here for various items then have seen the same ad on al for more money. Has anyone else noticed there isnt many ads for .22 here but plenty for flagging for overpriced on al.

I think as well, people here know what ammo is really worth and what its not.
Not only ridicule put just people do not want to poke the hornets nest when it is clear people feel
there is price gouging everywhere.

Agreed. Most people on this board know what they should pay and are not going to post crazy prices. I still see some try but I do think that there are likely plenty of folks here that go to Armslist or outdoorstrader to rip people off in private. Some of the adds I have seen stay up for a long time due to trying to price even above what the other folks are doing. I read an add that was 75 a brick and the person claimed that he had read .22 was no longer going to be available so this may be "your last chance to get your hands on some". The pathetic thing is some people buy into things like that.

One thing that you can count on fellas is that I'll never ever rip anyone off, the last that thing I stole was my mother in laws daughter, that was 35 years ago and I'm still paying for it!
I too have sent a few PM's to some rock heads here that think they are selling gold.
Ever notice that most of them have less than 100 posts, and if you click on their name and check their previous posts, there mostly on here to sell things. Not even worth the time of day for the most part.

I do sell things here but have only sold ammo once. All guns otherwise and I think I am pretty fair. I see M&Ps listed for 525 and even with a 3rd mag I list mine for 475 since that is what I feel it is worth. As far as .22 ammo I have sold it only along with a .22 firearm and only asked for 20 bucks a brick which these days seems reasonable as it cost me between 17-20 and they are not likely to get to shoot the gun they buy from me unless I provide a brick along with it. I have a few good resources for ammo still so I try to pass on the ammo to the guys just getting into shooting and telling me they could only find 50 rounds of .22. The more they shoot the happier they will be and get their friends shooting as well. New people to firearms keeps growing which is a definite good thing when you look at all the gun haters around....maybe the freaking crazy left wing nuts are hoarding the ammo so we cannot shoot. Buying it just to throw it out.

I would never sell .22 ammo online just for the fact that I wouldnt rip off people. Meaning i would sell it for most likely 20 a brick and I would worry that the person buying it would be doing so just to put it back on the internet for triple what i sold it for. I dont have an amazing stock of the stuff so im not selling it anyway unless to a good friend or family member that i know wont resell it for a profit. I have also seen on AL ads of people begging for a brick or two of .22 so they can teach their kids to shoot and wanting non gouge pricing. But click on other ads from user and they have ads for .22 bricks at rediculus prices. D BAGS!

Part of the problem may be caused by people like me. I am brand new to firearms, bought a .40 two months ago (my first gun ever) and last month got a 10/22. I had no idea there was a 22lr shortage when I bought the gun and have been running all around town collecting ammo as soon as it pops up on ammo-can.net or from bi-mart, sportsmans warehouse or at Keith's. I haven't bought any at crazy prices, but Keith's does kind of overcharge at $32. But in the past month I have accumulated about 2500 rounds and shot another 500. Basically, what I'm saying is new shooters like me come into a shortage situation and stock up more than I might have otherwise if there were no shortage at all.

On a good note I'm starting to feel like I have a nice little stash that should last me a bit if this drought continues. However, I'm already looking into getting either a ruger mark III or a Browning Buck Mark, cause I've been having such fun shooting and no matter how hard 22lr's are to find, they are much cheaper than my .40 Ammo. I shot a friends Mark II and it was just damn fun, that thing is so accurate.

Part of the problem may be caused by people like me. I am brand new to firearms, bought a .40 two months ago (my first gun ever) and last month got a 10/22. I had no idea there was a 22lr shortage when I bought the gun and have been running all around town collecting ammo as soon as it pops up on ammo-can.net or from bi-mart, sportsmans warehouse or at Keith's. I haven't bought any at crazy prices, but Keith's does kind of overcharge at $32. But in the past month I have accumulated about 2500 rounds and shot another 500. Basically, what I'm saying is new shooters like me come into a shortage situation and stock up more than I might have otherwise if there were no shortage at all.

On a good note I'm starting to feel like I have a nice little stash that should last me a bit if this drought continues. However, I'm already looking into getting either a ruger mark III or a Browning Buck Mark, cause I've been having such fun shooting and no matter how hard 22lr's are to find, they are much cheaper than my .40 Ammo. I shot a friends Mark II and it was just damn fun, that thing is so accurate.

Roland,
I don't think that you buying to shoot and have some stock is a problem. The problem would be if you were buying to resell for profit.
Well glad to see you are enjoying your new found hobby.

No it won't.
Actions wether live or online never dictate what market value or worth is.

How do you figure? What it feely sells for is what it is worth. How is that wrong?

Also value or worth is very subjective. X item that normally sells for say $1000 but is currently going for $750, may not be worth it to me. On the other hand Y item that normally sells for $750 may be worth $1000 to me in the right situation, and I would happily pay. To me this was most obvious a few years ago when house searching. It was just a some prices were starting to drop back, but the prices that people were paying was crazy and NONE of them were worth it to me, but obviously were to someone.

Also value/worth is always in fluctuation. Some ammo I bought last year I paid $0.50/rd and it was a very fair deal at the time. I just bought more night before last and only paid $0.33/rd. That does not make my previous deal bad though. On the other hand to me what much of the ammo selling for right now is not worth it to me, but obviously is to others.

The controversy in the 22 ammo market is being caused by the widely differing prices of the same product. Folks are seeing bricks of the same ammo for sale at some locations for $18 /brick and other locations $100 /brick. This wide range in prices in what folks are willing to pay for the same brick is what causes the problems. This is not about a shortage of 22, rather about the differing prices. As a result, those who can afford and are willing to pay $100/brick see no shortage while those who are willing to pay no more than $18/brick have very little available. Those who are paying $100/brick are not the folks complaining about the market, rather it's the folks who won't pay more than $18 as they are the people who's demands aren't being met on a regular basis.

Now some folks in this later group that won't pay more than $18/brick (including myself) have an ample stock of 22 set aside from years past so that we don't need to buy in the current out of control market. However for those who didn't set aside a stock or for new shooters, they have no choice but to participate in the game or to stop shooting.

Don't have a stock saved up?
Don't want to get up at 6am to stand in line?
Don't want to pay more than $18/brick?
-------------------------------------------------
Then: Find another hobby until the market corrects itself.

Don't have a stock saved up?
Don't want to get a new hobby?
Then: Get up at 6am to stand in line.

Don't want to get up at 6am to stand in line?
Don't want to find another hobby?
Then: Too bad buddy, because you didn't stock up before the craziness and now it's too late.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top