JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So why is it that ANYTHING I SAY can and WILL be used AGAINST me (not FOR me, mind you, only against me, regardless of context) and we're all seemingly okay with that, but a Seattle cop can threaten to "make stuff up" and that's perfectly okay? I can't begin to count the ways this is wrong!!!

<broken link removed>

Another good reason to shut up and just smile at them, maybe ask for a kiss. A famous criminal lawyer said to me once " You can shoot some one in front of a room of witnesses, if you don't say a word to anyone, I can get you off". I believe him, most guys in prison put themselves there. "Bantering" with a cop is just plain stupid.

BTW EXCELLENT VIDEOS, Everyone should watch these, they should be stickied, everyone who joins this forum should be forced to watch them.

My gripe really wasn't about the wisdom (or lack therof) concerning speaking to cops. It was about the fact that police officers can chat freely (and yes, I know they can lie to get a confession out of you) and say anything they feel like, regardless of the context, and that's all perfectly okay. Since when does the statement that "I can make stuff up" ensure that we'll EVER trust the police again?

The Seattle PD wants me to trust them? They want my respect? They want to encourage folks to deliver their issues to the Seattle PD for resolution, but the petioners have to be completely truthful, with no unintentional errors allowed (under penalty of law, mind you) in statements made, but where in the process do they get confidence that the cops won't "make stuff up" just to suit themselves rather than the public's trust?

Who in Seattle's leadership is then surprised with the results?

99% of all criminals convict themselves with their own mouth. People like to talk and it dosent have to be to the police- cell mates, friends, family etc...
three people share a secret and it is only kept if 2 are dead.

Cops are allowed to lie, you lie to them in an "Interview" (Which used to be called an interrogation) and you go to jail. I personally would not take or have a job that sanctioned lying, especially one that punishes others who do the same thing!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top