JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where to spend 5 days...

• Wallyworld with the fam...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scotland..

Votes: 39 100.0%

• Total voters
Ya'll are pretty much saying the same thing I told my wife, "I want to be selfish on this one. First, I think Scout's too young still for Disney. I didn't go until I was in junior high. Second, other than maybe a grand total of 36 hours in Canada, I've never been out of the country [she spent three weeks in Europe] and nearly my whole life in the PacNW. As fun as Disney would be with Nana and Papa, that is a trip we could figure out to do on our own. Besides, Whisky!"

I would chose Scotland over Disneyland or Disney world without hesitation! I lived in Germany while station there and went back to Europe (Netherlands, Germany and Wales)for work fairly often at my last employer, never made it up north so it would be a nice change to see the sights while not having to work while overseas!

Scotland hands down.

a friend of mine made Disneyland and annual family vacation... lasted only a few years and he hated them all, was more stressful in the end. As an alternative take you family to a waterpark every so often or the state fair for the rides. Cheaper and local. Honestly take them camping once a year the smores and fishing memories will last way longer than any thrill ride. Lots of family vacations can be had locally and way cheaper than Disneyland.

Kids love Disneyland and I think it's a good memory to have.

5-6 is a great age as the kids still don't get that the actors are actors.

If the kids are older go for New Years.

They only let a small percentage of the day time crown in and while the adults are drinking and whatever the kids have full access to the park. There were fireworks and everything. Not 100% sure they still do it though.

Scotland would be my vote. My family went to Disneyland in November last year and enjoyed it. Our youngest is 5yrs old. She was too scared to ride most of the bigger rides her brothers wanted to go on. One of us had to wait with her till they were done. Another thing to consider is food inside Disneyland/ California Adventure is extremely expensive.

My wife's boss told her that she had two choices, the company paying for either...

-your family (the two of us and our 4 year old daughter) and Nana & Papa (my folks) to Disney land
-the two of you (my wife and I) go to Scotland

Either way, 5 days.
Damn!
Now, I want to be selfish in this matter. Other than 3 years in Utah, and a couple weeks here and there I've never left the PNW. The only "out of country" experience I've had is a grand total of maybe 36 hours in Canada (and what a GRAND time most of those hours were.)
My wife, of course, has spent time in much of Europe.

I get how nice it would be for everyone to go to Disney, but I also feel like this is something that we could accomplish if we set our mind to it. I don't necessarily feel the same about leaving the country.

So.. what to choose...
I would say go to Alaska, Scotland, or New Zealand.

The ONLY problem with picking Scotland is that 5 days isn't nearly enough time. That's only enough time to properly visit Edinburgh and maybe a little of country (read that as whiskey distillery). Best time of year to go is August for the Fringe festival. Get tickets to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo early. You'll remember that for a long time.

I've been to Scotland and Disneyland AND Disney world in the last 2 years. I has such a great time in Disney World. That said, I also voted Scotland. I'll be going there again with my adult daughter next year. The best age for a first trip to Disneyland is 7 years old. Go any earlier and most children aren't tall enough for all the rides and don't have the stamina to keep up with the adults before getting fussy.

No contest. Pack your kilt! :D

Simply put the odds of you doing Disneyland later are far greater than you guys going to Scotland. I also haven't met a couple with kids yet that couldn't do with a little time away by themselves to relax and reconnect.

Not sure you need a kilt, but be sure to try the real whiskey, and pint for me..
Lot's of nice stone hedges, castles, and OLD stuff..
I would of course be thankful for such an opportunity..
Have done both and both were special.. But the children will appreciate ( if that's possible) Disneyland when older

You couldn't pay me to go to dizzle world or California for that matter.
Why can't you spring for the kid to go to Scotland with you?
I'm not much for flying or foreign travel but between the two I'd say Scotland

scotland.

last time i was at disneyland was 2012. there was a big gang fight/riot across the street... it may be "the happiest place on earth" but across the street sure aint.

Survey says Scotland or Wallyworld
But post says Disneyland...way different.
Go to Scotland now

and DisneyWORLD in a few years...
thank me later
:D

to add to my previous post... either way, between scotland and disneyland, you cant have a concealed handgun... since thats the case, id rather go to scotland. :rolleyes:

scotland.

last time i was at disneyland was 2012. there was a big gang fight/riot across the street... it may be "the happiest place on earth" but across the street sure aint.

+1 on Scotland.

The gang fights have been going on in that area for 25 years. I did a national trade show at the Anaheim Convention Center back in the 90's, I never was out or walked in that hood. Took cabs to the hotel ( Pan Pacific, nice place) and went over to Crazy Horse one night, otherwise just ran up my expense account with good food and booze most evenings.

Some other guys went out close to the area, and ended up getting robbed and one of them got his azz kicked on the street. Always some one has to get in trouble.

My ex took our kids to Disneyland a few times, but the wife and I now never took her kids there, such horrible parents we were. It is way over rated and there sure as hell are better places than that to take ids.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top