JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well i "bit the bullet" and got my Glock 19. i must tell you. It is SWEET. it feels so good in my hand, and of all the guns i have shot, my groupings with the glock have been the tightest. I am VERY happy!

Well i "bit the bullet" and got my Glock 19. i must tell you. It is SWEET. it feels so good in my hand, and of all the guns i have shot, my groupings with the glock have been the tightest. I am VERY happy!

Several friends I have introduced to shooting came to the same conclusion after testing several 9mm handguns.

I'm glad it worked out for you too - you'll have several thousand rounds of hassle free shooting ahead of you.

Congrats on the G19.

Glock is like the Honda of the firearm world... Utterly reliable, but so common as to be viewed in a negative light.

Shoot what fits you. The Glock feels funny in my hand, so I don't own one.

IMHO, the Glock 19 is a great weapon, and should be considered, if it fits you!

People who drink the Hatorade rarely have personal experience other than "I don't like those!" and should be taken with a metric ton of salt.

The other end of the spectrum (like Honda...) is that some people will claim that Glock is the best weapon ever invented and everything else is garbage. Don't listen to them, either. All reputable brands (based not on heresy, but on actual, real life situations) will be a viable choice, if it fits you!

M&P, Glock, Sig, HK, CZ, Browning Hi-Powers, etc etc.

Wow, most people I know who hate them hate them for good reasons - they blow up, they don't fit well, and the trigger sucks. I've owned several and have put alot downrange with them and just didn't care for them. I like 1911's better. And I do like all steel guns better than polymer, but I still own and enjoy shooting polymer framed guns.

Wow, most people I know who hate them hate them for good reasons - they blow up, they don't fit well, and the trigger sucks. I've owned several and have put alot downrange with them and just didn't care for them. I like 1911's better. And I do like all steel guns better than polymer, but I still own and enjoy shooting polymer framed guns.

Just how many have you personally had blow up? To each his own, but any gun has the potential for a Kaboom in the right circumstances.

Glock 19 9 mm is one of the best of all time. Some people don't like the grip angle. That is just a training issue I have no problem pointing mine at and hitting the target. People either love or hate Glocks. If I had to pick just one gun. Glock 19 would be on my short list, It is a good balance between full size duty pistol g17 and concealed carry g26 without sacrificing magazine capacity 15. They were the original light weight polymer firearm and one of the simplest to learn to shoot very minimalist without the bells and whistles of other guns which I like. With only 33 parts super easy to disassemble clean and operate. They are great out of the box and require no customizing to make them work, though you have options if you must make it your own. I recommend getting one with the factory night sights, well worth it.

Oh the other thing I hate most about GLOCK is that all the thugs (gang bangers) seem to rap about their GLOCKS.... I have GLOCKS and I am not a gang banger :)

That is because Glock is so much easier to rhyme than the names of other gun makers. After don't be mess'n with my Smith and Wesson your done there is no where you can go with that. Have you ever tried to rhyme Khalashnakov? Springfield? You Can't! So lets give the gangsta rappers a break they are doing the best they can with their limited education.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not but the Glock was designed around the 9mm. Although glock has had great reliability with other calibers like .40 or .45, the frame and tolerances were designed around the 9mm pressures and case sizing. I dont think you can go wrong with the original. Also with 9mm defense ammo what it is, you will get plenty of bang for your buck not to mention more rounds of it...

I have owned both the Glock 19 and 17 and from the design perspective I was very impressed. The only reason i sold my 19 was because my hands were just a bit too large for the compact grip, so i used it to get my current favorite the 17 : )

It does rhyme!

I almost bought a Glock .45 a bunch of years ago. Didn't fit my hand well, in fact, the Glock was too much like a block! (forgive me, couldn't help it) I am not at all interested in a 9mm or even a .40 (which was not even made then!) and I just couldn't get what I thought was a good grip on the gun. I bought a 1911 style gun.

Growing up a Ford guy in what seemed like a Chevy world, I soon learned to not give a sh*t about other's opinions. I've been a 30-06 and .41 Mag fan forever, so I've heard a bunch o crap about why my choices suck, but I figgered it was up to me to decide what I like and want. It's a bit more important to hit what you're shooting at than your choice of gun/caliber.

You like Glocks? They don't? Good for you. I didn't see any of them offering to buy you what they thought you should have, huh?

That is because Glock is so much easier to rhyme than the names of other gun makers. After don't be mess'n with my Smith and Wesson your done there is no where you can go with that. Have you ever tried to rhyme Khalashnakov? Springfield? You Can't! So lets give the gangsta rappers a break they are doing the best they can with their limited education.

I can't rhyme it, but I have had Kalishnikov brand vodka. You know how some really cheap, bottom shelf vodka has kind of a vague chemically, kerosene taste? Kalishnikov brand vodka tastes like kerosene with a vague vodka taste.

The effectiveness of the physics coupled with human biology of the 9mm is one reason why the .38 +p and .357 fell out of favor with police departments.

Dude! What kind of dope are you smoking?!?!?!?

Bullet diameter 9mm = .355 .38 or .357= .357. No real difference there. The .38 Special +P is a little bit slower than the comparable weight 9mm and the .357 a bit faster.
The only reason the police went to the 9mm is that it is comparable to the .38 +P and the .357 but is available in an automatic that will hold a bizillion rounds compared to 6. About the only thing that did was to let some cops feel that they could just pull the trigger and keep on a pulling. Didn't do a damn thing different when they actually hit something. Remember the big ol Miami thing about 20+ years ago? Ended by one agent that thought he should take aim. Stopped both bad guys with a .38 snubbie.
Take a dose of reality and stop spreading that crap about how a 9mm is a "magic" bullet.

Buy the caliber you like and the frame you are comfortable with. Some people buy Taurus's, some buy Ferrari's. Look at your wallet and needs and go for it.

BTW, I got my first Glock (G22) this year. With Trijicon's and Crimson Trace grips it has become my bedstand gun. And, the wife likes it and shoot's it...well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top