JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i was talking with some xbox buddies who all have guns and shoot. Ones a die hard S&W M&P 40 fan, the others like 357. revolvers and various other pistols...but when i told them i was getting a Glock 19, they started heckling me. I hated it. A random person playing the game said he was a marine and that he trusted the glocks with his life...

what are your opinions on the glock in 9mm?
am i better off getting a 40 or 45 acp?

thanks

I think a lot of people don't like Glocks because they are so popular. Glocks are priced well and have a lot of aftermarket things if you ever decide you want to modify your gun. Have you shot Glocks before and compared them to other pistols? One reason I have a USP is that I'm not a fan of the Glock grip angle, so make sure that it feels good to you. As for caliber, there's nothing wrong with 9mm, it's easy to shoot, cheap(ish), and will do the job for self defense.

I would make fun of you because this conversation did not happen at the range, but then again I’m also a video game nerd so I have no place to speak. Anyway, tell them opinions are like bubblegums… everybody has one and they all stink.

Glocks are excellent firearms. In my humble opinion, they are best in 9mm; their original platform. There is a reason so many militaries, police departments, and civilians use them. Also, Glocks tend to be the most popular competition guns as well. I hated Glocks for a long time, and now I’m consolidating my entire collection around 9mm Glocks. I could go on and on… a Glock 19 is one of the all around best handguns on the market; it will serve you well.

Cheers!

I would make fun of you because this conversation did not happen at the range, but then again I’m also a video game nerd so I have no place to speak. Anyway, tell them opinions are like bubblegums… everybody has one and they all stink.

Glocks are excellent firearms. In my humble opinion, they are best in 9mm; their original platform. There is a reason so many militaries, police departments, and civilians use them. Also, Glocks tend to be the most popular competition guns as well. I hated Glocks for a long time, and now I’m consolidating my entire collection around 9mm Glocks. I could go on and on… a Glock 19 is one of the all around best handguns on the market; it will serve you well.

Cheers!

^^^ What he said.

I owned a 22 and a 21 at one time. Didn't really like it and didn't shoot them very well. That said, they are still fine firearms. And I agree that they are at their best in 9mm.

Shoot it. Enjoy it. Don't worry about the crap the 12 year olds on XBox live (you know...the ones that kick your *** at Halo) say.

i want a usp bad, but i cant afford it... :(

I just realized that you are the one that PMed me about my USP. Listen, if you can’t afford a USP, a Glock will serve you just as well. I really love my USP. It is a feat of engineering, and it is built like a tank.

However, there is nothing that my USP does that my Glock 17 can’t do just as well; excluding looks. I love the way the USP looks and still think that Glocks are ugly, but looks are not why I love Glocks. If you have your heart set on a USP, then save up and get one. Otherwise, a G19 is great choice as well.

I have carried a glock 23 for about 6 years and can't seem to find a good replacement no matter how many different guns I shoot or even buy.

My son once owned a Glock model 22 in .40 S&W. I could hit just about anything I aimed at with it. He decided to sell it without telling me. I would have loved to have had it. Maybe, someday. I have heard that Glock discourages people from using reloads in their products. True or false??

The Glocks for the most part with maybe the exception of the 36 and 30sf are the most reliable and cost effective pistol you can buy. I don't like them that much. They have no soul and fit the hand like a brick, but if it needs to go boom every time you pull the trigger it will.

$0.02
Lars

If you're letting random people online effect you like that, maybe rethink carrying for awhile.... Glocks are great guns, just not everyone's cup of tea. Same with the XD's, M&P's, etc.

I started, years ago with a Glock 22. Never was very good with it, but it was dead nuts reliable. Always, always, always went bang when I pulled the trigger.

If I were to get a glock again, I'd buy a cheaper older Glock 17, before the grip had those finger grooves in them, and put a Hogue Handall on it.

I got to a point where I wanted guns that did more than launch a bullet out one end. I wanted one that felt right in my hands, that had a trigger that felt good, that looked nice sitting in a holster or in a drawer, and most of all, had a little tradition and history behind the design.

Which is why I now have a 1911, a single action 357, and really want to get a Browning High Power.

Apparently, I really like single action triggers, after some work.

I can't stress enough how much the feel of the gun matters. I think Glocks are great guns, but my damn hands don't feel right shooting them. I have a couple older HKs that feel great, but the new ones seem a little off. My XDm 9mm fits my hands perfectly- the XD45 is very close to feeling great, but not quite as good as the XDM- that's the reason I'm looking at trading it. Any of the guns discussed so far are excellent firearms. And if you don't plan on shooting it much, then any of them will do. But if you do plan on shooting it on a regular basis, you should find one that feels right in your hand, and one you can hit the target with. Because at the end of the day, all the Austrian engineering in the world is going to make bubblegume difference if the gun doesn't "work for YOU."

if glocks were so bad how come so many Police departments issue them?

i do think a lot of new models out there made to mimic and compete with the glock have some improvements over them and it all boils down to personal preference

i was happy with my glock 21 until i shot my friends xdm45 i found i was more accurate with it but i don't plan to sell my glock to get one

One size does not fit all in any handgun. Glocks are a good value, reliable and durable but not everybody likes them. If I were allowed only one handgun it would be a Glock 19,but I like to shoot different guns. Most of the better makes will do the job so get the one you like and can afford and don't worry what the local experts say. Good luck : Bill :cool:

Hate them, hate the way a Glock feels and shoots(shoots fine just feels funny) and looks.

But... if you look for reviews they get 10 out of 10 stars almost every time and that's something you can't argue with. They are great guns, but either you like them or you hate them, but no one would dislike them in a tight situation.

The debate continues.. Glocks have almost never failed, even under some very adverse conditions.. the effective pointing or shooting to point of aim is always a practice and use situation. Would take a 1911 for my gun to modify or make into a race type gun. Would take the Glock for my home and personal protection weapon. That's my .02c/worth

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top