JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A pillar bedded Hogue is about half as much as a full length bedding block version. I've owned both and the only complaint about the bedding block version is weight. It's a heavy stock. I use a pillar bedded version on my rifle and love it.

Those JC Higgins rifles are great guns. Belgian Mauser action with a good barrel at great prices, both then and now.

Those JC Higgins rifles are a great gun. Belgian Mauser action with a good barrel at great prices, both then and now.

You are right about that...with M2 Ball , I was able to to get 5 shots touching in the bull at 50 yards off hand.
That said I hope its nice enough weather this spring break to sight it in at 100-150 yards...
Andy

Not sure...
I got the rifle in a recent trade and the rifle came with a OD Green synthetic stock.
I have no real complaints...the rifle looks great and shoots most excellently ...just that the plastic stock feels...plastic...
Andy

Sounds like you've grown them Ranger hands into some real nice, silky, and sensitive "teacher hands".... better work up some callouses on them "skinners". :D;)

Plasti-dip is great if you dont like it you can peel it off unlike other paints. Then again it peels off... I think like others have said good prep should take care of that for the most part. I sprayed the rims on my car year's ago and it's still holding on strong after many miles and I did no prep besides washing them. The only thing I found is it likes to collect dust and is hard to clean off when it does. Probably not a problem for your application. Not to mention they have clear coats available for it these days to help hold it on and probably makes cleaning it easier. I'm interested to see results if you do it

I used Bedliner on a 10/22 wood stock turned out good.
Old picture was messing around with allot of ideas that that darn boat accident.

DSC_0067 (5).JPG

Ive used plastic coat on stocks before. It peels off unless the surface is really ruff. ...

I _think_ that the spray on Plasti-dip is meant to peel off, while the brush on or dip type is more permanent. At least, I made a rubberized roller at one point by printing a plastic cylinder and then brushing on several coats of the non-spray Plasti-dip, then used the rest to dip the handles of some tools (with the "wipe it off on my shirt" level of preparation). It hasn't peeled off anything I used it on (that was about 2 years ago).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top