JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would I do that? I don't care what party - if they are not pro 2A or have any record of opposing 2A they don't get my vote. If they are supporters of "spreading the wealth" or giving any benefits to those who illegally enter the country they don't get my vote. If they think the constitution needs to be tossed and rewritten they can leave now as well. I believe my signature line sums it up fairly well though.
The most recent and pending Oregon laws were voted straight down party lines.. Democrats FOR sweeping new gun laws. Get a clue, dood.

It's not dealing with aholes as much as its keeping myself out of jail. I realize most people bring their gear and don't think about the consequences if they run into LEO outside the match. If you happen to get caught with the mags you will go to the clink. I'm not willing to sacrifice the weapons and licenses I have. Im just warning people. It's NOT legal for you to bring them....

From people I know who may, or may not carry illegally in CA, have told me this: It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

I haven't confirmed this or not but carrying is only a misdemeanor, and it only lands you 1 or 2 nights in jail, then they hand you your weapon on the way out and slap you on the wrist.

I'm sure if an LEO catches me with Hi-cap mags either on the way to or from the airport, and he sees that I'm from a free state like Oregon, and I explain I was there for a competition, I think it would take a real big A-hole to throw me in the clink.

I'm sure if an LEO catches me with Hi-cap mags either on the way to or from the airport, and he sees that I'm from a free state like Oregon, and I explain I was there for a competition, I think it would take a real big A-hole to throw me in the clink.[/QUOTE]

Obviously that's a risk your willing to take, not me. I have to many awesome things to lose.
You do realize that "importing" standard (I mean hi-cap) mags into the state can and probably will be charged as a felony don't you? Are you gonna risk it cause I'm sure as hell not. I've already been down that road with Cali and thankfully had an attorney who got our charges dropped down to misdemeanors. But that story is for another day....

It's funny reading this. I've flown down to the Bay Area twice now to compete in Golden Bullet, the state USPSA champs. I've carried 8 glock 17rdrs with me everytime. Everyone, I mean everyone at the range has hi-cap mags, and most have fancy race guns that hold damn near 30 rounds. I always wondered what the law was for competitors, I figured it is such a tight knit group of awesome responsible shooters that no one blows the whistle and everyone looks out for each other. Sorry you had to deal with a$$holes OP..
Guaranteed all those competitors are law. It'll just be so special, after you've become "friends" with them, when they take you for a Baltimore ride.. no?

Guaranteed all those competitors are law. It'll just be so special, after you've become "friends" with them, when they take you for a Baltimore ride.. no?

Well I think there was at least one LEO shooting....

I know of one DA, an ADA, a bunch of sponsored shooters you see in magazines, Taran Butler was there last year, same with that Chris Cheng guy that won top shot... J.J. Racaza. Just normal people, all committing felonies, LOL.

Well I think there was at least one LEO shooting....

I know of one DA, an ADA, a bunch of sponsored shooters you see in magazines, Taran Butler was there last year, same with that Chris Cheng guy that won top shot... J.J. Racaza. Just normal people, all committing felonies, LOL.
I understand. There's like 80 authorized agencies and they don't have to be wearing a joot suit.

What will be special is when the "Socially Liberal" posters here have to finally consider holding their nose and voting for the other of the two viable Political Parties we are stuck with now ...:eek:

From people I know who may, or may not carry illegally in CA, have told me this: It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

I haven't confirmed this or not but carrying is only a misdemeanor, and it only lands you 1 or 2 nights in jail, then they hand you your weapon on the way out and slap you on the wrist.

I'm sure if an LEO catches me with Hi-cap mags either on the way to or from the airport, and he sees that I'm from a free state like Oregon, and I explain I was there for a competition, I think it would take a real big A-hole to throw me in the clink.

CC without a valid CA license is a "wobbler" so you can be charged either misdemeanor or felony depending on circumstances.

Article 1. Crime of Carrying a Concealed Firearm

Section 25400.

(a) A person is guilty of carrying a concealed firearm when the person does any of the following:

(1) Carries concealed within any vehicle that is under the person' s control or direction any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.

(2) Carries concealed upon the person any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.

(3) Causes to be carried concealed within any vehicle in which the person is an occupant any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.

(b) A firearm carried openly in a belt holster is not concealed within the meaning of this section.

(c) Carrying a concealed firearm in violation of this section is punishable as follows:

(1) If the person previously has been convicted of any felony, or of any crime made punishable by a provision listed in Section 16580, as a felony.

(2) If the firearm is stolen and the person knew or had reasonable cause to believe that it was stolen, as a felony.

(3) If the person is an active participant in a criminal street gang, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 186.22, under the Street Terrorism Enforcement and Prevention Act (Chapter 11 (commencing with Section 186.20) of Title 7 of Part 1), as a felony.

(4) If the person is not in lawful possession of the firearm or the person is within a class of persons prohibited from possessing or acquiring a firearm pursuant to Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 29800) or Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 29900) of Division 9 of this title, or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, as a felony.

(5) If the person has been convicted of a crime against a person or property, or of a narcotics or dangerous drug violation, by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170, or by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that imprisonment and fine.

(6) If both of the following conditions are met, by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170, or by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment:

(A) The pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person is loaded, or both it and the unexpended ammunition capable of being discharged from it are in the immediate possession of the person or readily accessible to that person.

(B) The person is not listed with the Department of Justice pursuant to paragraph (1) of subdivision (c) of Section 11106 as the registered owner of that pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.

(7) In all cases other than those specified in paragraphs (1) to (6), inclusive, by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that imprisonment and fine.

(d) (1) Every person convicted under this section who previously has been convicted of a misdemeanor offense enumerated in Section 23515 shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for at least three months and not exceeding six months, or, if granted probation, or if the execution or imposition of sentence is suspended, it shall be a condition thereof that the person be imprisoned in a county jail for at least three months.

(2) Every person convicted under this section who has previously been convicted of any felony, or of any crime made punishable by a provision listed in Section 16580, if probation is granted, or if the execution or imposition of sentence is suspended, it shall be a condition thereof that the person be imprisoned in a county jail for not less than three months.

(e) The court shall apply the three-month minimum sentence as specified in subdivision (d), except in unusual cases where the interests of justice would best be served by granting probation or suspending the imposition or execution of sentence without the minimum imprisonment required in subdivision (d) or by granting probation or suspending the imposition or execution of sentence with conditions other than those set forth in subdivision (d), in which case, the court shall specify on the record and shall enter on the minutes the circumstances indicating that the interests of justice would best be served by that disposition.

(f) A peace officer may arrest a person for a violation of paragraph (6) of subdivision (c) if the peace officer has probable cause to believe that the person is not listed with the Department of Justice pursuant to paragraph (1) of subdivision (c) of Section 11106 as the registered owner of the pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, and one or more of the conditions in subparagraph (A) of paragraph (6) of subdivision (c) is met.

Why in God's name would you EVER want to go to the republic of California to do anything but surf?

I'm too old and out of shape to surf now dude. That was for my teens and post high school years (and a whole LOT of bud).
The fact of the matter is that it's a regional championship. If Oregon or Washington would host the match I'd much prefer that. Problem is we don't have the people. Plain and simple. I DONT have to go but I wanna learn and advance my skills. In doing that I have to conform to their stupid laws...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top