JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This ^^^. Is great logic and not dissimilar to some logic that I've been known to use with the wife...
:cool:

And if she argues with her, just use the Alinsky style tactic of: "you're anti-science, aren't you!?" She'll be so caught off guard and not wanting to be thought of as anti-science, she'll beg you to buy the gun. Heck, that tactic gets Republicans in Congress to vote for Democrat bills, which of course, they never reciprocate the other way.

But, I digress...;)

If this one wasn't polished chrome or one of the gold models I wouldn't have bought it! I think a gun like this needs a fancy finish :D

I had three of them [recently sold] that I had @NWCustomFirearms Cerakote in matching tuxedoes :cool:

imag3546-jpg.335123.jpg

My buddy @Veno has had his heart set on getting a Desert Eagle for a while now. He's just getting back in the gun game so for a while we thought he was joking, turns out he's not. A few buddies and I BS via group text about guns on a daily basis, enabling each others unhealthy addiction. Shortly after 8pm on Tuesday evening one of the guys sends a link (intended for @Veno) to a pretty good deal on a Desert Eagle for sale over in Bend. I jokingly reply that I'd buy it if he drove me over there. Big mistake -- to my surprise he agreed! Joking or not I couldn't back out, right?? :D

Having never owned or shot a Desert Eagle and having a love for impractical guns, I knew I had to own at some point (even for just a little while). I'll be honest, growing up with video games has me conditioned to believe a Desert Eagle isn't a Desert Eagle unless it's the .50AE version (and this one's .44 Magnum). However, I already shoot .44 Magnum, from what I hear it's the most liked by people who are 'into' these guns, and being an XIX I have the option of purchasing a .50AE barrel.

Knowing I'd want to shoot this thing as soon as possible, I posted this thread asking about places to shoot on the way home. We were fortunate enough to find the perfect spot and I have to say that this was honestly one of the guns I've had the most fun shooting. I'm not sure how long it'll live in my collection but I'm sure looking forward to sharing the experience with my fellow shooters (just ask!).

View attachment 353142 View attachment 353143 View attachment 353144 View attachment 353145

You lucky bugger;)

Congrats:cool:!

If you ever let it go, hit me up - I was supposed to get one (an agreement my wife and I had when she was born) when my daughter started dating but those weren't the cards I got dealt:p.

It the right color and everything:D

Joe, ya need to learn to keep some of the most fun/most useless guns!:D
Congratulations on your Dessert Eagle, it's a beautiful pistol, and they really are fun to shoot!

When the wife researched before buying her first hand gun she decided on the Desert Eagle. Picked up a new 1911 Government Model. She loves that gun! Shoots it like Doc Holiday too. Alas she saw this thread and we are now talking .50cal Desert Eagles. Thanks OP. Thanks a lot. Sigh...

Mr. Joe,

I highly respect your purchase and feel you should not be pushing the blame onto your caring friends for suggesting such a purchase. I feel they truly only supported your wants and desired and should be commended for such friendship.

PS looks good man. I feel this forum is deserving of a picture of the DE cuddling the hi-point

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top