JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My buddy @Veno has had his heart set on getting a Desert Eagle for a while now. He's just getting back in the gun game so for a while we thought he was joking, turns out he's not. A few buddies and I BS via group text about guns on a daily basis, enabling each others unhealthy addiction. Shortly after 8pm on Tuesday evening one of the guys sends a link (intended for @Veno) to a pretty good deal on a Desert Eagle for sale over in Bend. I jokingly reply that I'd buy it if he drove me over there. Big mistake -- to my surprise he agreed! Joking or not I couldn't back out, right?? :D

Having never owned or shot a Desert Eagle and having a love for impractical guns, I knew I had to own at some point (even for just a little while). I'll be honest, growing up with video games has me conditioned to believe a Desert Eagle isn't a Desert Eagle unless it's the .50AE version (and this one's .44 Magnum). However, I already shoot .44 Magnum, from what I hear it's the most liked by people who are 'into' these guns, and being an XIX I have the option of purchasing a .50AE barrel.

Knowing I'd want to shoot this thing as soon as possible, I posted this thread asking about places to shoot on the way home. We were fortunate enough to find the perfect spot and I have to say that this was honestly one of the guns I've had the most fun shooting. I'm not sure how long it'll live in my collection but I'm sure looking forward to sharing the experience with my fellow shooters (just ask!).

IMG_4960.JPG IMG_4964.JPG IMG_4966.JPG IMG_4975.JPG

Like they say..."The only difference between men and boys is the size/cost of their toys!"

Taking a "Road Trip" to get a fine gun is a great thing! Wifey and I did that a couple years ago. To Grants Pass for a fine no dash 686. Left before sunrise, and stopped part way back and got as motel, had a nice dinner and came home relaxed the next day.

Good Times!

Great score, sounds like there's a .50AE barrel in your future Joe Link...

I've always been intrigued by Dessert Eagles... Big, hawking, monolith guns, certainly over engineered and over built... Just a bit to large for my "girly man" hands... :eek:

Here is a pic of a buddy shooting my DE MK-I .44 Mag with a heavy load of H110. What a blast to shoot!

Mike.png

My MK-XIX .Stainless .44 mag with integrated muzzle break and my much older MK-I .44 Mag

P1020803.JPG

Have the 50AE.... My wrist totally limped on this thing when I shot the first time. It was an interesting 'physic lesson' for me as spent brass was exactly hitting at one spot on my forehead due to insufficient support from my wrists. I had some sort of graphic equation thing popping out in my mind each time I got hit by the brass.... l

Now that I have shot 2,200 rounds from it as of now. I think I shoot it little better than the first time but I still bring a fully covering mask with it.

I think the 1st time I saw one was in Last Action Hero with Arnold, fell in love and knew I needed a rack of them in my closet like he did! I guess one will have to do, darn things aren't cheap!

I think the 1st time I saw one was in Last Action Hero with Arnold, fell in love and knew I needed a rack of them in my closet like he did! I guess one will have to do, darn things aren't cheap!

Expensive?
Depends on how you look at it.

A $530 Glock 19 at 24oz is about $22 an ounce.
While a 71oz DE [About 4.5 lbs] at 1,450 is under $21 an ounce.

Heck. It's a bargain. :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR