JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My buddy @Veno has had his heart set on getting a Desert Eagle for a while now. He's just getting back in the gun game so for a while we thought he was joking, turns out he's not. A few buddies and I BS via group text about guns on a daily basis, enabling each others unhealthy addiction. Shortly after 8pm on Tuesday evening one of the guys sends a link (intended for @Veno) to a pretty good deal on a Desert Eagle for sale over in Bend. I jokingly reply that I'd buy it if he drove me over there. Big mistake -- to my surprise he agreed! Joking or not I couldn't back out, right?? :D

Having never owned or shot a Desert Eagle and having a love for impractical guns, I knew I had to own at some point (even for just a little while). I'll be honest, growing up with video games has me conditioned to believe a Desert Eagle isn't a Desert Eagle unless it's the .50AE version (and this one's .44 Magnum). However, I already shoot .44 Magnum, from what I hear it's the most liked by people who are 'into' these guns, and being an XIX I have the option of purchasing a .50AE barrel.

Knowing I'd want to shoot this thing as soon as possible, I posted this thread asking about places to shoot on the way home. We were fortunate enough to find the perfect spot and I have to say that this was honestly one of the guns I've had the most fun shooting. I'm not sure how long it'll live in my collection but I'm sure looking forward to sharing the experience with my fellow shooters (just ask!).

View attachment 353142 View attachment 353143 View attachment 353144 View attachment 353145

I think it depends on your hand size and shape. The desert eagle does not fit my hand well at all and when I shoot it, the tip of the trigger catches the middle of my finger. That is uncomfortable, so I got a 500 S&W instead. Yeah I know it only holds 5 rounds, but I can still shoot it with one hand and it packs just as much or more punch than the eagle.

Hey, what's with this "unhealthy addiction" stuff? "Expensive addiction"? Sure. But unhealthy? Naw....:D

Congrats on what looks like a fun new toy.....
It's unhealthy for the "other" guy...!:cool:

Have the 50AE.... My wrist totally limped on this thing when I shot the first time. It was an interesting 'physic lesson' for me as spent brass was exactly hitting at one spot on my forehead due to insufficient support from my wrists. I had some sort of graphic equation thing popping out in my mind each time I got hit by the brass.... l

Now that I have shot 2,200 rounds from it as of now. I think I shoot it little better than the first time but I still bring a fully covering mask with it.

Yeah when I shot my buddies for the first time his other buddy limp'd it and it left him with a Indian Hindu dot perfectly centered right where it should be. We ALL about died! Loved those things ever since. :p

I just wanted simple Gold but the TCN works too Congrats
DE 50
DE 50

How the heck are you guys uploading pics. Photobucket isn't letting me upload anymore pictures from my phone for some reason and I can only post a lame bubblegum little link....

Have and love mine in 44 matte chrome finish.

Positives: always puts a smile on my face when I shoot it; cost is not prohibitive especially if you reload; recoil in the 44 even with my loads of full power H110 is very manageable.

Negatives: heavy; even after shooting a few rounds requires a thorough cleaning.

My avatar is the flash captured outdoors.

How the heck are you guys uploading pics. Photobucket isn't letting me upload anymore pictures from my phone for some reason and I can only post a lame bubblegum little link....

Click the upload button on the bottom right of your post. choose the picture and insert. o_O I'm not sure about photo bucket all those silly things never work for me.

I swear to G, I glanced out my window today (I wonder why) and was temporarily blinded by A FREAKING CHROME PLATED SMART CAR speeding by in the sun. I thought of this thread instantly. lol

I was thinking a 'chrome-plated smart car' was something that got peeled off the front bumper of a semi.
But, low and behold, they do exist.
chrome smart car.jpg
Maybe it's just me, but I'm willing to give up some mpg's to gain some extra crush zone.
smart car.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads