JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for suggestions on which IWB holster for a 9mm M&P Shield to buy.
I am thinking that if it has belt clips instead of belt loops, it would make it easier to put on & take off as needed during the day.
32" waist and mostly wear sweatshirts and blue jeans.
Anybody have a preference. Comfort and keeping it retained in the holster is more important then how it prints.

same waist size here and 6'2" and I use a blackhawk IWB for mine. 12 dollars and I love them as the silky material never seems to leave any wear on my guns like some leather holsters I have had in the past. Cannot beat the price and they fit/feel extremely comfy. As far as it staying in I can count on it as with many guns and many different size blackhawks I have never had one even close to slip out even while doing anything active. I hike, fish, ride my motorcycle and it stays snug.

I have a 40 Shield and a Tagua IWB clip on holster. I would recommend that you don't buy this holster! My waist size is close to yours and I find that I can't get the gun in the right place due to the position of the belt loop on my pants and it digs into my hip bone. Also, trying to get the clip to go over my pants and my belt is a major PIA, so I usually just clip it on my pants and cover it with my belt. (still not as easy as snap close loops) It is secure and doesn't move around, though. I am looking for a holster with a little more cant, is made of thicker leather (makes reholstering much easier) and has snap loops like the Summer Comfort I use for my 1911. I think I only paid about $28 bucks for it, so I got what I paid for!

I can't believe how many holster companies are in business.
I appreciate the tips, but it's going to be hard selecting the right one.
I now know why there are so many "like new" holsters for sale on gun forums.
You order one online, try it for a couple of days and if it just doesn't feel right, so you buy another one thinking this will be the one.
Too bad there isn't a holster store that has one of every make and model to try out.

I have the XDS (practically the same as the shield, obviously get the shield shell) and i've found my Aliengear to be very comfortable, 30-ish inch waist, great price to go with quality compared to many others i've seen.

I'm looking for suggestions on which IWB holster for a 9mm M&P Shield to buy.
I am thinking that if it has belt clips instead of belt loops, it would make it easier to put on & take off as needed during the day.
32" waist and mostly wear sweatshirts and blue jeans.
Anybody have a preference. Comfort and keeping it retained in the holster is more important then how it prints.
Dale Fricke Ehud is appendix with clips. But if you want retention then look at the Dale Fricke Archangel which has the loops so its not going to come out.

I can't believe how many holster companies are in business.
I appreciate the tips, but it's going to be hard selecting the right one.
I now know why there are so many "like new" holsters for sale on gun forums.
You order one online, try it for a couple of days and if it just doesn't feel right, so you buy another one thinking this will be the one.
Too bad there isn't a holster store that has one of every make and model to try out.
Foxx holsters has a 15 day trial, if you dont like it ship it back and get your money back. It also comes with a life time warranty.

One of these would work. ;)

544d27dc-dd49-4d0a-8e56-c61b69f03db1_zps32ffadf7.jpg 6f84f98b-b41c-448f-a3d3-f97ba0414182_zps4c53cde4.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top