JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Skagit Co Gun range opened Friday Mar 7th. Been a long time in waiting. Went there on Saturday to check it out. Very Nice. The staff are nice (so far). Let the newness wear off and maybe they'll get a little grizzled. This is where my wife got to experience the Sig P938. It doesn't seem to many people are aware of the range. It's pretty easy to find but then I have been waiting for them to open for awhile now.

Got my membership and I am pretty stoked there is a gun range that is 5 minutes from my house vs 30 minutes North or South of my home. Now I can go shoot any time I feel the urge.

Just wanted to put it out there that the Range is open. http://www.skagitshootingrange.com/

Glad to hear they are open. I got the notification when they opened but haven`t had a chance to go down there yet due to some medical problems, but as soon as I am on my feet I have got to check them out. How were the facilities? Are they selling firearms there also?

I'm joining up with North Whidbey Sportsman Club, but I am very happy to hear about the Skagit Gun Range opening, as I just moved up to this area.. The more gun ranges the merrier.. Sadly, the price of shooting at the Skagit range is beyond my budget now. The non-membership prices look very high, but membership prices are still not cheap. The rifle range at North Whidbey leaves a lot to be desired, but the pistol range just looks like the coolest I seen and they allow you to shoot whatever you want, however you want, so I basically am getting what I want there. I wish it was a bit closer, but the drive to Oak Harbor is nice..

I am wondering what other rifle ranges are in the area around Skagit and WHatcom counties.. I'd like a range with a 300 -400 yd rifle setup, that has more than just 2 benches, like North Whidbey.

I did find any description of the range. I also found they have IPSC listed on the menu, but prohibit rapid fire. Exactly what is rapid fire defined as by the people?

I did find any description of the range. I also found they have IPSC listed on the menu, but prohibit rapid fire. Exactly what is rapid fire defined as by the people?

They have a sign posted regarding "Rapid Fire" and it states there must be 2 seconds between rounds fired. I have no idea how they determine that when you have multiple shooters on the line.

They did have Range Officials within the shooting area as well as a observation area and video surviellence.

They have a pretty nice selection of guns to rent but I did not notice any for sale. I'm actually shocked I did not ask that question. Next time I go I will have to inquire.

Another nice thing about North Whidey, Rapid fire is allowed and respected.. The only rule they have implemented is the 16 inch rule.. If you cannot keep your groups within 16 inches, then you have to slow down a bit.. IMO, If you are not grouping within 16 inches you are either a lunatic or need a new eye prescription.

I love that I found a range that finally doesn't have a endless list of draconian rules. Most of the other ranges I found in Western Washington have more rules than I can count.. My previous range, Bunyan, would not even allow me to shoot human silhouette or zombie targets because they said they were too human like. Not to mention their prohibitive 7 rd mag/cylinder limit rule, which also meant no S&W 617 shooting for me.

It's nice to have a good indoor range.. Perhaps, because of all the noise and excessive lead levels, maybe they need to implement such restrictions on rapid fire.. Anyhow, I will be happy with the outdoor range I am joining.

Hi Mark, sadly I moved away from the South Sound and now the Kitsap range is over 2-3 hours from where I live.. Unfortunately, it is too far for me to drive. I really do hope I can check out your range one of these days. I remember from what you told me it sounded exactly like I was looking for.

The Skagit Gun Range just opened their Gun Store yesterday. Since they just opened their stock on hand is minimal but they have not yet received all of their order. I have been shopping around for Beretta Nano for my wife and so far they have the best price going that I have seen locally, $379.00.

So for $18 I get a sandwich a bag of chips and a iced tea,my gas and part of my ammo when I go to my shooting hole. I can be the only guy or I can take a few friends and we take over the range before anyone gets there.
Take a canopy if it may rain.
Shoot Tanerite or bump shoot.

Can't imagine having to pay like that to shoot

I was looking to post a review on the Skagit Range but for some reason it wouldn't let me add a post in that section so I'll reply to this one, even though it's an older post.

Skagit Range has been open for awhile now and the people there are still the nicest around. They offer an activity or event probably three or four times a week. They have their "Hot Shots" league every Tuesday and action (uspsa) type alternating with steel on Fridays. Also date nights, and women's specialty nights among other things. I noticed last year they even hosted a few Rob Pincus ICE classes there. All in all it's a fantastic range, great staff and lot's of activities. More importantly I feel safe shooting there, at some of the other ranges they don't keep a close eye on people whereas Skagit has a RO keeping pretty close tabs. If you haven't been there check it out.

Note, if you are a reloader, lead bullets are not allowed except in the .22 rimfire area.:(

Keeps me out of there.:mad:
I hear ya! Just about everyone is no lead, no steel case, no aluminum case etc.. Even the training facility I frequent (FAS) which is outdoor mandates no exposed lead. I just load X-Treme plated for everything now, great bullets at a decent price. I can do 9mm for around $6 box depending on the sales I catch.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top