Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Single Stack

Reactions
I only carry full size, my hands are too big for tiny hobbit sized guns. No one ever notices my printing, being old I am effectively invisible, like a grey ninja.

dcfranzen

Reactions
Easy. The seller will help you with any questions you have. I've bought most of my collection from online sources. Just have a local FFL's name, address, and phone #s available to give to the seller, then have the FFL fax or email their number to the seller (or their FFL) so your purchase can be shipped to your FFL.

OP
NU9MM
Reactions
Ok I know there’s many that chuckle at the notion of that dreaded uncontrollable recoil from the “Snappy” 40. But my question is since smaller handguns do have inherently more felt recoil. Curious how the 2.0 40c is compared to the FS 40. I did recently shoot a FS 40. And I can say this much in my opinion it had less felt recoil than the Gen4 Glock 22 I used to own. Feedback welcome.

dcfranzen

Reactions
I have ten 40s in my "accumulation" and an equal number of 9mm, so you won't hear me chuckling. Nine of my 40s are S&W Gen3 metal guns and one plastic striker fired Walther PPS40. The PPS40 can be punishing after a few mags, but it's still my "go-to" on those rare occasions I wear a suit or sport coat. I carry two 40s - a CS40 or 4053 (DAO) as a CCW in the fall and winter months because I like shooting them and find them reliable.

I've never shot an M&P 40, but I've read many positive comments on the brand's forum. Most of mine are single stack S&W Gen3s that are made using their 45 caliber frames and under bored 45 barrels which make them less snappy than the beef-up or not 9mm frames used on most 40 offerings. You pay a price to carry less weight regardless of caliber. Enjoy your 40 and snicker at the naysayers.

Last edited:
OP
NU9MM
Reactions
Well now I’m really perplexed went to the range bought 200 rounds. And shot the crap out of the 2.0 shield 9, 2.0 9c and the Glock 43X.The 43X is definitely out and shot the shield like crap. Got more ammo and shot the 2.0 9c and my Gen 1 FS 9. And definitely shot the last two so much better.

OP
NU9MM
Reactions
Honestly I thought I would shoot the single stacks so much better. But the regular double stack full size grip just felt so much better and much more comfortable to shoot.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet

Staff online