JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
they will shoot pretty similar, buy one that feel most comfortable on your hands.
don't get too carried away by some said this and that :)

let us know what you got later!

Anyone here with experience with the S&W 9mm Shield, I'm carrying the G26 and sometimes my old hip gets to hurting, and I'd like something thinner and lighter..
I've always liked the M&P models they usually fit my hands.
Any glaring reason's to stay away from the shield. Please I don't want to hear hearsay about Joe Blow's gun / troubles second hand, I'm looking for YOUR experiences.
I don't plan to sell or trade the G26 at this time, I still carry it daily, but would like a relief gun of the same caliber. Can't afford the G43.
Gabby

Last Edited:
Look into mag extensions for your Glock mag's not expensive and if you know how to disassemble your magazines for cleaning you can install the extensions.
They will give you 1 or 2 possibly 3 extra rounds out of your 10 round mags plus a pinkie rest. Loaded with 12+1 and 2 mags that's half a box of ammo! :D
Gabby

Concider the ruger lc9 ... I have the lc9 2 with a different trigger and i realy like it ..z shoots realy good but it only holds 7 in the mag ... Real small and easy to hid. Only time it jamed on my was when i pulled fron under the seat to shoot a coyote ...ps its my coyote gun too

Ok trying to decide on a single stack as well as the 2.0 9c. Been looking a the two most chosen single stacks and of course watching videos. M2.0 vs Glock 43. I have not shot either of the two but have handled them in gun stores. Opinions Welcome.
The first handgun I ever bought based on reviews was the Walther PPS-M2
It consistently beat the two in your post.
And it was a good purchase.

As was recently said on the news you gotta follow the Benjamin's , and most of mine have traveled far away. LOL
They have a tendency to do that ya know! The Glock pistols are a bit rich for my blood right now.
I've been looking real close at the Baby Rock 380 from RIA, it's pet-able . I've shot the same pistol made by Browning,
which is double the money nearly, and it is a sweet gun and easily carried. Other wise I'll be looking at a couple of the S&W offspring in either 9mm or 380 if I can't come up with the long green for the little 1911.
Gabby

Anyone here with experience with the S&W 9mm Shield, I'm carrying the G26 and sometimes my old hip gets to hurting, and I'd like something thinner and lighter..
I've always liked the M&P models they usually fit my hands.
Any glaring reason's to stay away from the shield. Please I don't want to hear hearsay about Joe Blow's gun / troubles second hand, I'm looking for YOUR experiences.
I don't plan to sell or trade the G26 at this time, I still carry it daily, but would like a relief gun of the same caliber. Can't afford the G43.
Gabby
I have a shield. Shot it like crap until I replaced the trigger with a hyve trigger. Now I shoot it pretty good. I like the gun. Never had an issue with it other than the crappy trigger. Super comfortable to carry. The gen 1's (which I have) are pretty cheap right now too. Sportmans has it on sale for $220 I think...and S&W has a $40 rebate for pistols i believe. Makes me almost want to get a 2nd one for my wife.

Had a Shield 1.0. The trigger is not great out of the box. Played with a 2.0, the trigger is much better -- probably good enough that you don't need to put aftermarket parts for a defensive pistol.

I carry a Kahr CM9 (the low cost brother of the PM9) and have been extremely happy. Small, easily concealable, smooth trigger. I carry an extra mag, mostly for malfunction purposes (since statistically, reloading is unlikely in a DGU), but there will be a MagGuts kit coming out for it for those wanting one more round.

Wife shoots / carries one. She has a bunch of rounds down the pipe, 600+ in one class. As others have said, the 1.0 trigger is not amazing but I can shoot it okay. Seems reliable and small size. Some hands may be too big for it.

If you get a shield put a hogue grip on it. Much more comfortable.

20190617_154637.jpg

I did a range run to compare when I had the 43, Shield, and XDs 9 at the same time. All great little guns, XDs was the softest shooting of the lot, but all did a great job. 43 fit me the best, aligned the most naturally. Try the models that have the qualities you're looking for, and if one seems to aim itself...buy that one

These days an automatic not being reliable is the remarkable thing, so just about anything on the shelf will do a good job

The M&P's fit me the best. I know the triggers are their big knock. But my FS Gen 1 M&P 9 shoots darn good. But just recently shot a M&P 2.0 40c I shoot it really good. Just my opinion but the shield in the 40 might be a bit much on the recoil side.

That's exactly why I'm leaning towards the 2.0 compacts.

Which is what I went with (Shhh, don't tell my 1911's). With the 4" barrel it is not much smaller than the full size but the slightly shorter grip & no tang off the back help just enough for me. Just put 500 rounds through mine in a class last week; shot straight and not a hickup.

Which is what I went with (Shhh, don't tell my 1911's). With the 4" barrel it is not much smaller than the full size but the slightly shorter grip & no tang off the back help just enough for me. Just put 500 rounds through mine in a class last week; shot straight and not a hickup.
Which 2.0 the 9 or .40