JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't buy either until you've shot them, preferably from concealment. The 2.0c is G19 sized and almost anyone can conceal it. I will tell you the aggressive stippling on the 2.0, in 5 months of daily carry tore up my stomach, then tore up my wife-beaters that i started to wear under my T shirts, then started to tear up my T shirts. As far as single stacks, G43x and G48 seem to be real winners, almost identical to the G19 and thus the 2.0c on the X and Y axis, but narrower on the Z. It also satiates my personal minimum round count in a carry pistol, 10+1.

Little late but my :s0159:
I love the Shield. To go a little deeper, I "liked" the Shield but trigger was mediocre. Then put in an Apex trigger kit and added Talon grip tape. Made it superb.
I'd get a 1.0 cheap and use the savings for the upgrades. I also prefer the 8 round mags for a full grip.

I've since gone to my favorite GS in GP Fox Firearms, and was able to handle several of the different guns.
The shield is almost as big as my G26, and has a longer grip with the extension than the G43 & G26 that would be likely to print pretty easy.
I'll continue to carry strong side 4 O'clock position.
Can't use a cross draw rig big gut gets in the way, ditto a shoulder rig! Or one of those elastic belly bands they are designed for skinny people. :(
SOB would work but I won't use it for fear of falling on it, good way for an old toot like me, to get a broken back. :eek:
So it's mainly a IWB holster for me.
If it was a tiny mouse gun I might go with a OWB holster if it held it close to my side and not flopping around as some do. A belt slide holster can be made to do that by stringing the belt backwards thru the loops so the belt goes on the outside of the holster making it an IBH Inside Belt Holster! LOL

Keep your powder dry, :D
Gabby

Just get a G26 and be done. I tried many other options, but finally landed on the G26. Save yourself the time, money and hassle. IMO.

I carry the G26 IWB 4clock and at times it gets to wearing on my hip and is heavy and uncomfortable, and I've been looking into a lighter thinner backup in 380 or 9mm, and if I go 9mm most of the ones I'm seeing aren't much smaller than the G26.
I like the triggers on S&W's better than on Glock's.
I might just go for a S&W M&P 9 compact, I've always liked the way it fits my hand as though made just for me!
My best friend has the little Sig P365 and it feels real good in the hand too, I don't remember if I've shot it or not yet, he has way too many guns for me to keep track of. LOL
Anyway it's way more Benjamin's than I have on hand! So I'm still looking for something about $300 out the door. Used probably.
No Taurus, Kahr, or Keltec, for various reasons mainly lack of fit in my hands problems. HIYAW Get up mule! :s0013:
Gabby

I found a S&W Shield 9mm for under $260 including shipping, sent the cashiers check day before yesterday, hopefully I'll get a email saying it's been shipped soon.:D Waiting is the hard part! :(
Got to handle one again at a gun shop, and the one there had a pretty good trigger. Watched Hickok45 do a comparison of the ported with trigger "factory" upgrade, With the standard Shield 9 first model like I'm getting, both had the hammer safety and he ignores his.
He reported that he could only feel minimal difference in muzzle flip between the ported model and the standard one. He did rave about the sights on the ported model and would like them on his gun. He said also that he preferred the heavier pull on the standard pistol and didn't really see much difference between the 2. He had them both there and was shooting them alternately, fire a few shots and switch guns then repeat, I thought it was a pretty good critique / review!
Gabby

Last Edited:
I really like the size of my M&P 9C as a 15 round carry gun. It is low recoil and easy to shoot well. I also like my
Shield 9mm. For a small gun the Shield shoots surprisingly well. What the M&P line up can offer is a manual safety
that I prefer the. Before stuffing a gun with a loaded chamber in your holster you check the manual safety
with your thumb.:oops: I have apex sears in most of my M&Ps. I do prefer the aggressive texture of the M&P 2.0s.
Top to bottom M&P lineup.
45 2.0-----9mm 2.0-----9C 2.0-----9mm Shield 1.0-----45C 1.0
DSC00268.JPG

Last Edited:
I found a S&W Shield 9mm for under $160 including shipping, sent the cashiers check day before yesterday, hopefully I'll get a email saying it's been shipped soon.:D Waiting is the hard part! :(
Got to handle one again at a gun shop, and the one there had a pretty good trigger. Watched Hickok45 do a comparison of the ported with trigger "factory" upgrade, With the standard Shield 9 first model like I'm getting, both had the hammer safety and he ignores his.
He reported that he could only feel minimal difference in muzzle flip between the ported model and the standard one. He did rave about the sights on the ported model and would like them on his gun. He said also that he preferred the heavier pull on the standard pistol and didn't really see much difference between the 2. He had them both there and was shooting them alternately, fire a few shots and switch guns then repeat, I thought it was a pretty good critique / review!
Gabby
I improved the sights on my Shield with a Truglo TFX Tritium / Fiber optic sights. You will love the way that little pistol shoots.

I found a S&W Shield 9mm for under $160 including shipping, sent the cashiers check day before yesterday, hopefully I'll get a email saying it's been shipped soon.:D Waiting is the hard part! :(
Gabby
Mind sharing where you found it?

That holster ( as well as all of my others ) was custom made for me by Tracker Leather in Bend over 10 years ago.
It is a higher ride than many of the type, as it fits me for daily carry whether walking, on ATV, or in the truck.

It is not cheap, but why put a $ 1k pistol in a $2 holster ?

One of the neatest single stack 9s i have had was a 3914. If i could find one in good shape i would buy it. One of those that got a way. Looking at the micro 9 by kinber
There is just something that seems cheap to me so i havent pursued it cant quite put my fingrr on it.

Here is where I got mine. It's coming by UPS.
Supposed to be here by the 4th. :cool::D
Gabby
Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm 3 Mags New - GUNPRIME %

Also check this list for other good deals, some with free shipping.

Well it's here picked it up this afternoon 9/04/19, just played with it a bit and the trigger isn't bad, I think I'm going to like it better than the G26 trigger..
We'll see I may get a few rounds off today. I guess I better get off to bed, I'll have to get up early (for me).
Gabby

Last Edited:
I have had the Shield since last Wednesday and have had it out and fired it on 2 occasions and I like the trigger better than the one in my G26 which has been upgraded by my GS friend, who just happened to have one lying around, and installed it for free.
My main objection to the Glock trigger is that center part and my old finger, if I have the opportunity to practice with it, it shortly starts to dig into my finger and press on the bone. When I was young that wouldn't have been a problem, but it is now.
The wide smooth S&W trigger doesn't do that to me and is much more comfortable.
I may try to trade the G26 for a M&P 9mm compact, that gun always felt like it was custom made to fit my hand!
It is also the same overall size as the G26, and conceals pretty easily.
Gabby

I improved the sights on my Shield with a Truglo TFX Tritium / Fiber optic sights. You will love the way that little pistol shoots.

If you look at my original post, I have corrected the price from $160 to $260, I missed that when I proof read my post before hitting the post button.
Sorry, still a good price though at $260. including shipping.
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads