JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There's an estate sale in Silverton this Friday that's got quite a collection of ammo and reloading material , plus a bunch of miscellaneous gun stuff. It's located on an old farm and will be a busy place, so if you plan on going, get there early.
I believe this is the home of a late gunsmith that recently passed away.
The sale can be found on EstateSale.net and is being run by Nest Egg Estates.
There's a lot more stuff shown in the ad.

Silverton Century Farm Pickers Estate Sale starts on 10/20/2017

1-t.jpg

1-t.jpg

1-t.jpg

1-t.jpg

1-t.jpg

Bad timing...If only it was a week later. I love sales like this,never know what you'll find in those boxes. but alas... I won't have money in time.:(
Wife would say perfect timing.

I see some Twin Cities Arsenal .45 ACP Ball ammo. That stuff is government contract WWII ammo made between 1946 and 1963. Shootable?

Like most estate sales, it will be all over priced and the people who run it have no clue about actual values, and will not take offers is hopes that some one who comes will actually buy it at the full price, and they will not be left with it.

I have made fair offers on some stuff in the past at estate sales, only to be told, "Oh no, we could never sell it for that" at 3 pm on Saturday afternoon. Unless you can get a real deal on it they can keep it.

Now that I read the notice, I see that 6 family members get to go in first.

What could possibly go wrong with that kind of dynamic present ??

Well as mentioned, some neat stuff there, but man, lots of old stuff and lots of junk there too! Hopefully they're not thinking they've got a gold mine or anything with asking prices.

Looks like some really neat stuff. The problem is, the very few time I've been to something like that it seems like some of the rudest people on the face of the earth are the ones that go to these.

I've shot .45ACP that was dated 1917 and it all went BANG the first time. Cleaning Required!
The last squib I had was in my 1903 Colt about two years ago, shooting ammo that had a price sticker on it from a hardware store in my home town that went out of business in 1970. I had to put the barrel in a vice and push the bullet out with a wooden dowel. I threw the rest away.

The last squib I had was in my 1903 Colt about two years ago, shooting ammo that had a price sticker on it from a hardware store in my home town that went out of business in 1970. I had to put the barrel in a vice and push the bullet out with a wooden dowel. I threw the rest away.
Hey I would have taken it to a Gunshow and peddled it to a "Collector". They're always looking for the older stuff and don't care if it shoots.

My first thought was that I'd like to check that out as I love rummaging through stuff like that.

My second thought was that it looks just like the piles of junk I already have. Anything I would buy would probably end up in my own estate sale in a few decades.

My second thought was that it looks just like the piles of junk I already have. Anything I would buy would probably end up in my own estate sale in a few decades.

Thank you! I know about that. That's a point of view I hadn't considered. It makes it easier to just say NO! I won't GO!

Well I went to the website and looked at all the photos. Wow! I have a lot of junk, but not nearly that much. I'm a total amateur by comparison.

If anyone goes, let us know if there were any bargains, or if asking price on reloading components is something like full retail plus 10%, like I've seen at sales like this in the past.

In the photos I saw boxes of new 348 win and 220 Swift brass, stacks of boxes of 30 cal bullets, etc. I really would be tempted to check it out if I was closer. Good thing I'm not.

i was there today, had to wait just over 2 hrs to get in. all the powder was gone as well as most of the deals on the ammo. there was a lot of rcbs and a few lee dies but they were all 25.00 each there were a lot of lead bullets that were in old coffee cans and stuff some in plastic bags but few had marking as to the size. the speer and hornady bullets were all 18 bucks a box, the ww2 .45 ball ammo was 20 a box, there were some boxes that had nothing but spent brass but they had prices it at 8 bucks a box. When i was waiting out front some guys came back and was showing those of us in line what they got and my guess is all the boxes of ammo were marked as if they had ammo in it and not just brass.. my guess is the good deals were gone by the time i got there. I did get a few cool ammo cans, some tools a few mags and miscellaneous stuff. i'm gonna go back on sunday that is when they said everything would be half price, and there are some odds and ends i want if the price was halved.

I've been to a couple similar 'collector-mounds' type generational events. Like others have mentioned, my experience was one of dithering between adding to my own cluster of arcane & esoteric no longer essentials, or starting new piles of debris I'd never actually get sorted thru.

In any event, while I enjoy the nostalgia of such events, so very little of the effort either mine or the dearly departed, contributes to current survival-ish needs.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top