Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Silver

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mezzovex, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Mezzovex

Mezzovex Sherwood Active Member

I'm looking for a good place to buy silver liberty coins in the PDX area. I have been to coin corner in down town OC, they only deal in what people bring in to trade. You also pay a premium because they are "collectors grade"

2. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

3. Mezzovex

I have been to that site. I'm looking for a place I can see the actual coin and only buy 1 or 2 one ounce coins.

4. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

they have a store that you can see the actual coin that will be in your possession when you buy it.

5. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Maybe try Coin Cottage in Multnomah Village.

6. Phrank

Phrank Forest Grove Active Member

7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

8. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

9. Murphy

Murphy Oregon Member

Ajpm.com. They sell at spot +1.25

10. Dirty Harriet

Dirty Harriet OR Member

I had a great experience at West Side Coins on Macadam in Portland. Spot + $2 or $4 for 1 oz rounds, depending on private vs. government mint. +1 for junk silver. Considering what some places charge for S&H, I was happy with that. Very helpful owners and I didn't pick up on a vibe that a small purchase would be an issue. I liked the fact that the owner open carries (2A baby!). I will definitely be going back.

11. MagDump

MagDump Vancouver, Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Liberty Coin and Currency sell Silver Eagle for $4 over spot price and bullion bars for $1.75 per ounce over spot price. I try to get the Eagles but they are in high demand and don't last. I actually have waited quietly by as sellers sold them to the store and I asked for them before they could pick them up to put in display case.

12. kenboy

kenboy salem, oregon GOD BLESS AMERICA Bronze Supporter

Gold and Silver Supply on Foster has been good to deal with

nwdrifter and (deleted member) like this.
  13. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

This is where I buy my silver. Their business model is to be the least expensive supplier.

ASEs are $2.99 over spot.
    Generic rounds are about $1.45 over.

They are gun nuts also, so its a cool place to hang out.

I'm in there at least 3 times a week just to yap.

14. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I like the place also. I've only been there a couple times but there's been an interesting conversation going on each time.

15. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

The girl in there is cute also. Very friendly.
    ..::The Coin Cottage H O M E Page::..
    Tell them Ortwein International sent ya, so they don't think I'm BSing when I say "I'll tell all my gun-buddies to come in":laugh:

16. Mezzovex

Checked out the coin cottage today. Got me some. Nice selection. Friendly. And the cheapest place around. Not to far from me either. It blew me away that they had titanium in the kilo.

17. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I will check out the Coin Cottage also. Sounds like a great place.

A year or two ago you could easily find .999 generic silver coins or bars at melt, or slightly more, on Craigslist. Now there is none for sale. Literally all buying and no selling from private parties.

Please be aware that the silver/gold market is illegally manipulated by Fraudsters like JP Morgan; the price has little to do with true supply and demand. 300:1 fraud paper to real physical silver. If these people want to lower the price of silver they just print more fraud certs, that easy.

When the day comes that people demand their silver/gold in hand (about the same time the bank holidays are in full swing), a rude awakening will set in for the ETF/cert/IRA folks and the Comex fraud/ponzi will be exposed for all to see. If it isn't in your possession it isn't real.

18. iJake

iJake VANCOUVER New Member

I have good experience with Gold Silver Supply on foster. Honest people, they have prices up-front on the big screen, so you'll not get scammed.