JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have two ARs with one one the way. I got my first around 2011 and have always shot brass. I'd shoot a little steel case to see if it would cycle ok but that would be it. The difference in price didn't seem big enough for the relative small amount I used to shoot.

In more recent times I basically shoot my ARs more. Is Silver Bear any cleaner or accurate than Brown Bear or Tula? I think Tula shots pretty dirty and don't care for in the AR system. The AK's gas system isn't so bad, imo. The price difference only seems about .05 a round. (Edited. Originally sent on phone.)

Last Edited:
Same as brown bear, just has a zinc? Coating. I've used both in 9x18 and 7.62x39 and they chronograph the same. The coating is just a little more durable

I assume this includes 7.62x39? o_O

What were the issues?

Actually, no on the 7.62x39mm question, at least for me. The only rifles I've owned in that caliber were an SKS (back in the 90s) and an AK (mid-2000s), both of which were sold many years ago. Off the top of my head, I forget what I fed those, and Tula may have been in the mix.

The biggest issue I had was with .223 Rem. In a Mini-14, it jammed a lot (two or more times a magazine) and in an AR-15 in jammed 100% of the time (chamber, bang, jam, clear, chamber, bang, jam, etc.) until I gave up. I also ran a little bit of their .45ACP in a M1911A1. It wasn't terrible, but there were more malfunctions than other ammo, so I didn't buy any more.

.223 is what I had issues with. I had AR's that would feed everything but Tula, it's dirty and I had cycle issues even in guns that would kind of run it. I have had no similar issues with Wolf or Bear and really since the price is comparable I just stay away from the Tula

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top