JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No more family xmas for me either... I've kicked em all to the curb. My little bro has little kids now so I encourage my parents to spend it with them.

We always watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation right after dinner. If on the off chance we do have someone over it chases the stuffy people away. And yes, I laugh at all of the same parts every year (I think the kid is getting tired of it but it was never her style of humor anyway:D).

I Just watched this last weekend on the big screen it was great. Took the family, I came in late carrying all the popcorn almost fell coming up the stairs looking for the family and popcorn went flying everywhere it was perfect timing.

View attachment 328404 Most traditions from when I was a kid have found themselves morphed into my own family traditions...

The day after Thanksgiving the tree is put up and the house is decorated, inside and out.

The kids write their Christmas Lists and place them in their stockings, they disappear overnight and are replaced by a candy cane, so they know Santa got them.

There's the annual picture with Santa and the shadow box type Advent Calander that contains daily treats for the kids. we attend the Nutcracker as a family...

Letters to Santa in the stocking and picked up by the elves who leave candy canes behind...

Christmas Eve dinner consists of a one pan dinner, think something along the lines of lasagna or a stew... We attend a late mass celebrating Christmas. Then back home and the Kids are off to bed at a reasonable time. Need to ensure Santa has time to assemble, wrap and place the presents by the tree, stuff the stockings, and leave a note by the cookies and milk signed by Mr. C himself...

Christmas morning is an international Christmas blend... Bacon & egg muffins, raspberry and blueberry muffins, boiled eggs, Panatone and homemade hot cholocate that the wife makes with cinnamon sticks and whole cloves (a Peruvian family recipe). Kids are usually tearing into the presents while the adults fill their faces...

Assorted snacking thoughout the day, followed by our big Christmas dinner, it's prime rib, rosemary oven roasted potatoes, candied yams, squash, almond green beans, fresh baked rolls and homemade pumpkin pie. I do all the cooking and let my wife spend time with the family...

Christmas is a big deal in my house, it's a blended celebration of the greatest gift ever given, our Lord, family and loved ones. We keep the Lord at the center of our Christmas, and share that with our family and loved ones...

That's probably more than you wanted to know, but that's what Christmas is like for us...
:) That's what Christmas is all about with family.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top