JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been using Capital Armory ( capitolarmory.com ) for most of 10 years and have had zero issues with their system or their professionalism. They have my information and with that they fill out all of the forms correctly every time.
Just placed an order with them.
I'm always ok with a process if I'm aware that somebody is doing something and there is movement. No issues there whatsoever.

The SilencerCo Harvester Evo was calling as a dedicated 6.5CM or .308 host.

Just placed an order with them.
I'm always ok with a process if I'm aware that somebody is doing something and there is movement. No issues there whatsoever.

The SilencerCo Harvester Evo was calling as a dedicated 6.5CM or .308 host.
They have a very streamlined process Imo. The only thing to be aware of is when you get notification that it has shipped it takes 2-3 days until you can see the tracking progress. The reason is it's sent to an OR (or other state if you aren't in OR) ffl then sent to you. So it says "shipped" and no info on ups tracking number. Then couple days later it will have all the info. Just a heads up cuz first time I was wondering what was going on.

Using Silencer Shop & Ticklicker (Salem) for my first ever can now.. so far it's been easy. I like the idea of being able to order fingerprint cards for other SBR projects.

The problem right now is finding any suppressors to buy. The local gun shop I'm going through doesn't have anything in stock, so I have to use Silencer Shop, and their electronic kiosk.

With the way things are going with anti-gun laws, I figured I'd better bite the bullet and buy a couple of suppressors now, or I may never have another opportunity in the future.
I'm having the same problem - no stock on anything I want.

I never really wanted a suppressor but since I heard the gov't forms were moving fast, I thought why not.

They have a very streamlined process Imo. The only thing to be aware of is when you get notification that it has shipped it takes 2-3 days until you can see the tracking progress. The reason is it's sent to an OR (or other state if you aren't in OR) ffl then sent to you. So it says "shipped" and no info on ups tracking number. Then couple days later it will have all the info. Just a heads up cuz first time I was wondering what was going on.
I wondered how they did that. If it makes an extra bounce before your home address then 'tracking' would be a little off.

Any company that marks an item as 'shipped' has only slapped the label on it. It can take a shipping company 2-3 days to stop by to pick up outgoing packages. And until the item is processed at the shipping receiver, that is when the clock begins.
I live 3 hours from PA in Houston and something can take 5 days to get here. Sucks, but welcome to 2024

Using Silencer Shop & Ticklicker (Salem) for my first ever can now.. so far it's been easy. I like the idea of being able to order fingerprint cards for other SBR projects.

I'm having the same problem - no stock on anything I want.

I never really wanted a suppressor but since I heard the gov't forms were moving fast, I thought why not.
Keep an eye on whatever manufacturers you want as well. If they sell "direct", may go in stock quicker than at Silencershop.

Will likely cost more than thru Silencershop, due to there volume. Plus your FFL will charge a fee (check first what it would be), plus shipping (shouldn't be much).

You buy the stamp thru Silencershop $205, then your FFL uses Silencershop to e-form 4.

Did my last one direct from manufacturer as mentioned. Cost around $80 more than it would have at SS all in. Didn't want to backorder.

Keep an eye on whatever manufacturers you want as well. If they sell "direct", may go in stock quicker than at Silencershop.

Will likely cost more than thru Silencershop, due to there volume. Plus your FFL will charge a fee (check first what it would be), plus shipping (shouldn't be much).

You buy the stamp thru Silencershop $205, then your FFL uses Silencershop to e-form 4.

Did my last one direct from manufacturer as mentioned. Cost around $80 more than it would have at SS all in. Didn't want to backorder.
I didn't know you could buy your suppressor somewhere else and use Silencershop to do the Form 4. Great information.

I didn't know you could buy your suppressor somewhere else and use Silencershop to do the Form 4. Great information.
Yah, me neither. Until my FFL pointed out such when I asked about a particular model. He checked Silencer shop (out of stock/backorder), then checked company (in stock, available) & suggested I grab one direct from company or do backorder.

Ordered direct next day, they had my FFL / SOT info to select at checkout. Easy. If they didn't have FFL/SOT info, then company would have to get FFL/SOT info. For form 3 dealer to dealer transfer info/form.

Interestingly enough that one was received at my dealer far faster than thru silencershop, compared with a prior suppressor. Probably because SS may be batching. Dunno tho.

Just had a 2 day ATF tax stamp approval via Silencer Shop. Wednesday to Friday. The guy at the store where I picked up my can said everyone there was jealous at how quick it was.

I had the same thing happen when I did my CHL, it only took 2 days, Wednesday to Friday. I was told it would take at least 2 weeks to get my license in the mail.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with security clearances, military and defense industry, because all the FBI work is already done.

Just had a 2 day ATF tax stamp approval via Silencer Shop. Wednesday to Friday. The guy at the store where I picked up my can said everyone there was jealous at how quick it was.

I had the same thing happen when I did my CHL, it only took 2 days, Wednesday to Friday. I was told it would take at least 2 weeks to get my license in the mail.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with security clearances, military and defense industry, because all the FBI work is already done.
P.S. I love the can. I just tried it out on my Glock 19, and it sounds like a nail gun now. Now I can practice my target groupings at home without disturbing my neighbors.

It's been north of two weeks since DocuSign and they haven't shipped my OSS rad 45 yet. Have the serial number but might a well just be made up 🤷‍♂️. Can't reach em on the phone or quick chat. I'm almost tempted to just say screw it all and nuke the whole deal.

...I'm wondering if it has something to do with security clearances, military and defense industry, because all the FBI work is already done.
Unlikely. However anything is a possible I suppose.

I had an "instant" using my CHL, when Oregon deleted my drivers license because of a Massachusetts major FUBAR - mass auto extended folks DL supposedly due to COVID emergency.

Hadn't had a Mass license for about a decade...

-Also had 4 suppressors approved amidst that fubar.

Received new OR DL (same #), did another suppressor 6 days approval (4 business days), and another one shortly after - 2 days approval.

No .mil, .leo nor .gov work/contracting stuff. Did have an NRC check way way back while working with a cesium source irradiator tho. That is long timed out.

It's been north of two weeks since DocuSign and they haven't shipped my OSS rad 45 yet. Have the serial number but might a well just be made up 🤷‍♂️. Can't reach em on the phone or quick chat. I'm almost tempted to just say screw it all and nuke the whole deal.
Sounds about rite. 2 weeks. That was my last Silencer Shop purchased one to ship to my FFL/SOT. Package tracking noted weight at about 20lbs, iirc, so sounds like SS is batch shipping. Didn't ask my FFL how many they had received along with mine. Should have.

The last suppressor I bought direct from manufacturer & had shipped to FFL/SOT. Only took a few days hold time on the form 3. IIRC about a week purchase to ready to certify on that one. Used SS for stamp & paperwork, that one approved 2 business days. So round about 10 / 11 days purchase to approved.

Sounds about rite. 2 weeks. That was my last Silencer Shop purchased one to ship to my FFL/SOT. Package tracking noted weight at about 20lbs, iirc, so sounds like SS is batch shipping. Didn't ask my FFL how many they had received along with mine. Should have.

The last suppressor I bought direct from manufacturer & had shipped to FFL/SOT. Only took a few days hold time on the form 3. IIRC about a week purchase to ready to certify on that one. Used SS for stamp & paperwork, that one approved 2 business days. So round about 10 / 11 days purchase to approved.
THIS!!!!! Mine took a couple/few weeks ALSO with tracking #. The 1 straight from manufacturer only took a few days.

Just be a little bit patient. If it's on a form 4, I congratulate you on your quick receival time. Other times are a bit longer. I posted earlier screen shots of my "buy" time till now which shows bout everything. You can't technically count your "jail time" till certification. Of course it will be faster if you form 4 it from a dealer in hand stock

Month after order here it is on one of the hosts…

I still say the clarity of the process should be defined like how Captiol Armory does it. Very nice to see the actual steps plus the 'CLEO Hold" showing with the blue ? that defines the timeframes.

IMG_6299.jpeg IMG_6300.jpeg

Sorry if you are already aware of this 'hidden' section of Silencer Shop, but if you log into your account, then go to this link, it will provide you with more detailed information RE the status of the form 3 approval, when it ships, the shipping tracking number etc. I dont know why Silencer Shop doesnt make this information more readily accessible. . . https://www.silencershop.com/dealerprice/dealer/myorders

Edited to add- at 6:20 this am I was woken up to an alert that the Omega 9Ks were back in stock at SilencerShop. I placed the order at 6:24, four minutes later ;-). At 7:28am i got notification that my order had been assigned a serial number. At 9:02 I got the email that my docusign was ready to go, I completed it, and then got the confirmation at 9:11 that they had reviewed it, everything looked good, and had submitted the Form 3 to the ATF. Pretty dang efficient!!

Last Edited:
Sorry you had a bad experience. My experience has been the opposite. 3 weeks ago I had absolutely zero idea on how to go through the process to buy a suppressor. Fast forward 3 weeks and I now have SEVEN here at home, all processed through Silencer Shop. Yes some have taken a little bit of time, but you also have to remember that in the past normally this whole process was 9-12 months, so now to be able to have it completed in a week or two is insanely better. Their online process was very slick. I had zero problems scanning my fingerprints, and I have 3 fingers on my right hand which are damaged from two different accidents, and still was able to get prints uploaded quickly and accurately. I think it might depend upon your kiosk, who knows, but once they are uploaded, you only have to do it once and then they are on file forever. Picture was also a piece of cake, as well as setting up the ATF account, all of which can be done right there on your cell phone. Remember that this takes the place of a LONG tedious manual paper process, involving printing out forms, completing, then mailing them in and then just hoping/assuming that the papers made it.

I would also say RE Silencer Shop- they were equally caught off guard as all of us with this sudden change- no one including them expected a month ago to suddenly have the ATF approving cans in 2 days. I heard the stats at one point, but cant remember the exact numbers, but their sales literally skirocketed by like some crazy number (something like 900% increase or something). No business is prepared for that! And that was the ATF making the change, not SilencerShop. They were equally unaware- if you go online there are discussions about the Town Hall that the ATF hosted right when this change happened, and all the dealers that attended were all caught off guard. In a good way of course, as it means super fast approvals for some! ;-)

Imagine if you were sitting at your current job, current workload, and then suddenly had that sort of increase without warning. Suppressors have always been a game of patience, which is one of the reasons why i never got one myself until now, could not deal with the 9-12 month wait. But a couple of weeks, hell yeah it is worth it! My fastest approval was 1 day 14 hours, and that included the online process through Silencershop where they had to review and approve the forms before certifying. The key to getting fast approvals/process is finding a can in stock at a local dealer, who is a SilencerShop dealer. Which is hard right now as many are sold out, but stock is coming in every day. Keep checking daily, and you will eventually find some good ones. Just picked up a SiCo Velos from a local dealer that they got in stock, and those are pretty hard to come by right now . . .
Very good points

Got my email yesterday morning, SilencerShop e from 4 trust, ~6 months, Dec to May. Now I just gotta go to the gun store and pick it up.

This is my third single shot trust with them and all have worked well. This last one I used my local guy and SS for the trust so he would get paid on the suppressor.

Probably start shopping for another one shortly...

Sorry if you are already aware of this 'hidden' section of Silencer Shop, but if you log into your account, then go to this link, it will provide you with more detailed information RE the status of the form 3 approval, when it ships, the shipping tracking number etc. I dont know why Silencer Shop doesnt make this information more readily accessible. . . https://www.silencershop.com/dealerprice/dealer/myorders

Edited to add- at 6:20 this am I was woken up to an alert that the Omega 9Ks were back in stock at SilencerShop. I placed the order at 6:24, four minutes later ;-). At 7:28am i got notification that my order had been assigned a serial number. At 9:02 I got the email that my docusign was ready to go, I completed it, and then got the confirmation at 9:11 that they had reviewed it, everything looked good, and had submitted the Form 3 to the ATF. Pretty dang efficient!!
You're the man. Turns out it has shipped and should arrive at the dealer by Wednesday. I also don't know why this isn't readily accessible info, it's arguably the best feature on the website

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top