JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering why no big shop hasn't started doing this.

I'm hoping this trend popularizes. If other companies could cut costs to make a solvent trap version of some of their actual suppressors for the end user to form 1 and drill out, that would be awesome.

Imagine an uncut version of something like a YHM Turbo for $200 shipped to your door. Another $200 for the form 1, you are in it $400 not $600. Even better if a Rimfire trap could be priced at around $100.

jk_155r_mst_kit_dis_1200x1200.jpg

I saw that this morning, pretty good idea. Wish it was cheaper, but it looks like a cool modular design. 80% everything!

This would be the first "big name" stepping up to the builders market. There are however a few manufacturers that do nothing but forum one kits and those kits are very attractive

Personally I've been looking really close at the quietbore site and those are impressive

Ive got 5 form 1 cans I'm working on now. Some have as much as $350 into them between mounts, stainless steel "solvent traps" , tubes , 3 lug adapters and such. For rifle cans the quiet bore look good. I'm a fan of K baffles for pistol caliber cans which is what I am doing now. Some are all Chinese for the rimfire cans . Cant beat the prices on those babies. The 9mm cans are all stainless baffles from STC. Really nice quality.

Definitely expensive for what it is. I'm just hoping this trend picks up and others start selling solvent traps.

Ok the gist from that article is you can build a 45/9mm/.22 "modular" can that can be used on any caliber by switching baffles around.

THAT is a unique idea for a homebuild can.

I would not use the rifle one, but a 9mm/.22 can would be appealing. However, at $500, all it is saving you is the cost of the extra stamp conpared to other reputable form 1 kits.

I don't get how an aluminum can is for a rifle?
Youd be surprised that most suppressor companies are lying when they say crazy expensive metals are required for rifle cans.

When in fact most use those metals to produce something with a greater lifespan vs structural integrity.

Since in the states, it's a lifetime investment, most manufacturers crazily overbuild their suppressor to last forever. When in reality if it could be replaced or repaired without the red tape, you would probably see tons made out of inexpensive aluminums.

Youd be surprised that most suppressor companies are lying when they say crazy expensive metals are required for rifle cans.

When in fact most use those metals to produce something with a greater lifespan vs structural integrity.

Since in the states, it's a lifetime investment, most manufacturers crazily overbuild their suppressor to last forever. When in reality if it could be replaced or repaired without the red tape, you would probably see tons made out of inexpensive aluminums.

Yes I am sure you are right. But unless the main chamber/blast baffle on this thing is made from a better material, you are still screwed once it wears out.

Yes I am sure you are right. But unless the main chamber/blast baffle on this thing is made from a better material, you are still screwed once it wears out.
True. But if it could just be swapped out with a spare in a second or two. Costing $5 for the spare, who cares.

If the main blast chamber was like 1/4" or thicker aluminum, it should last a bit. Heck, mild steel is dirt cheap, use that.

The red tape of silencers is what kills it.

Ive purchased, what I consider, indestructible cans. Only because I'd like them to last forever.

If I didn't have to go through the processes, and waits, and $$$$. I'd get a $50 disposable silencer in a heartbeat.

True. But if it could just be swapped out with a spare in a second or two. Costing $5 for the spare, who cares.

If the main blast chamber was like 1/4" or thicker aluminum, it should last a bit. Heck, mild steel is dirt cheap, use that.

The red tape of silencers is what kills it.

Ive purchased, what I consider, indestructible cans. Only because I'd like them to last forever.

If I didn't have to go through the processes, and waits, and $$$$. I'd get a $50 disposable silencer in a heartbeat.

Yeah. 100% agree. Just saying for the price, + the $200 stamp + the (current) red tape this does not make much sense to me.

Will probably go with a diversified machine ASR kit for my first form 1 can, and retrofit my 9k with an ASR mount so I can swap stuff around.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top