JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Several individuals have mentioned getting a 45 host for the can. Great idea! But don't overlook the 9mm hosts. I just ordered a 45 suppressor to run on my Glock 9mm. Larger bore should create less back pressure and a more enjoyable shooting experience.

Damn, I'd be kind of upset being sold on something that cant be used on one of the main things I'd wanted it to be used on.

Yup. I'm trying to be a decent person. I could just dispute the charge and done.
Today had the suggestion of changing out the end cap to 30 cal on the omega 45k.
The omega 45k is a completely welded sealed can, you can't swap the front cap. It does have, I believe industry standard rear threads so you should be able to utilize a lot of different muzzle devices.

1628105303241.jpeg

The omega 45k is a completely welded sealed can, you can't swap the front cap. It does have, I believe industry standard rear threads so you should be able to utilize a lot of different muzzle devices.

View attachment 1004950
Like what muzzle device a brake or? That cherry bomb brake w plan B looks nice. I'm slowly losing interest in this idea. Although one of my clones decided to bid on an 8" 300 Wilson today.
A few people posted they ran 223 through the omega 45.

Like what muzzle device a brake or? That cherry bomb brake w plan B looks nice. I'm slowly losing interest in this idea. Although one of my clones decided to bid on an 8" 300 Wilson today.
A few people posted they ran 223 through the omega 45.
1.375x24 which is q plan b, dead air xemo, dead air keymo, tons of adapters out there in that pitch.

Being stainless and stelite, I'm honestly surprised SiCo doesn't have this rated for 223. Other similar cans are rated for 223 with barrel restrictions.

Q plan B is the way to go. I wish I would have started from the beginning using the Q Plan B/Cherry Bomb/etc.... system. I am changing most of my adapters over to Q plan B except for a few select Dead Air Keymo devices and hosts.

Well if it sticks, look into getting a 44mag lever gun. Shooting 44 specials through a 45 can is pretty darn Hollywood quiet.
1628114744948.jpeg

Anyway found the 223 end cap for omega 45k to salvage this project.
Lots of SiCo cans have the name Omega. The 45 does not have removable front caps. You buy this, it will only serve as a nice paperweight.

Update:
After talking with Silencer Co and the FFL/shops (chain in Orygun) they are going to give me a refund. Silencer co said I should have been sold a 30 cal and suggested omega 300 which comes with the asr mount/brake.
They also had mixed reviews of the cherry bombs. Sorry for the change of topic. I was interested in this mount mostly for aesthetic reasons. In the end(after I pick up my refund check) ive learned what do my research and not trust sales people? See some of you are knowledgeable so I don't want to be negative and generalize. And I've come to expect in the community to get my tail kicked.

Whether you look at Xeno by Dead Air, TB's CB mount, Griffin Plan A or Q's plan B, I strongly encourage you to look at using a taper mount system. Keymo is great and so are some of the other mount/locking solutions but most add a lot of weight and length. That is weight and length hanging off the end of the firearm furthest away from you with the greatest leverage.

I have both the Dead Air Keymo and YHM phantom I think they call it systems. The YHM system has been replaced with Q Plan B with zero regrets other than I wish I had done it sooner. I am pretty much stuck with the Keymo system unless I want to get rid of the suppressors. I would have made different suppressor choices if I could do it again to avoid the Keymo system. Don't get me wrong, both systems work good but I don't care for the uneccessary length and weight over a taper mount setup. I don't know about others but my taper mount cans/hosts have the best alignment out of all my cans/systems.

Update:
After talking with Silencer Co and the FFL/shops (chain in Orygun) they are going to give me a refund. Silencer co said I should have been sold a 30 cal and suggested omega 300 which comes with the asr mount/brake.
They also had mixed reviews of the cherry bombs. Sorry for the change of topic. I was interested in this mount mostly for aesthetic reasons. In the end(after I pick up my refund check) ive learned what do my research and not trust sales people? See some of you are knowledgeable so I don't want to be negative and generalize. And I've come to expect in the community to get my tail kicked.
Damn glad to hear this.

Look at the hybrid and 36m real good and hard. They are magnum rifle cans with bores large enough to shoot pistol calibers through. Overbuilt tanks.

If venturing outside of SiCo, look at the YHM Resonator series. Extremely good sounding cans, about 1/2 the price.

The Cherry bomb is a very simple design and it simply works, SiCo will likely say otherwise as they sell their own "perfected" muzzle attachment system. It's really up to the end user to decide. If the can you are getting has rear 1.375x24 threads, you can always swap from one companies to another's till you find the right one, or run out of money.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top