JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any opinion? I was sold a Omega 45k. Paperwork in progress. I usually try and educate myself on the products I buy but in this case I went with the sales person's recommendation. I will be using this on 223 and 300blk. What would you do? Deal with it? The omega 300 is 7db quieter. The Omega 45 is not rated for 223.

Any opinion? I was sold a Omega 45k. Paperwork in progress. I usually try and educate myself on the products I buy but in this case I went with the sales person's recommendation. I will be using this on 223 and 300blk. What would you do? Deal with it? The omega 300 is 7db quieter. The Omega 45 is not rated for 223.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 tells us (2) is better than one, so I'd use that to justify another purchase. Hope this helps.

Why did you buy a pistol suppressor when your intended use is on a rifle?

Yeah, they will usually "work" - for a few rounds before they heat up and you need to wait for them to cool.

You would have been way better off going with a dedicated rifle suppressor, and if that is what you want, it's what you should get, which I suspect you now know.

Too late now though, time to start another stamp!

Yeah, they will usually "work" - for a few rounds before they heat up and you need to wait for them to cool.

You would have been way better off going with a dedicated rifle suppressor, and if that is what you want, it's what you should get, which I suspect you now know.

I don't think it was intentional from what I gathered in his post.

@barnabus1999

When you say paperwork is in progress, exactly what stage is your paperwork at? Likely any resolution is going to be a significant hassle depending on where you are at in the process.

Do you have a current need or future need for a 45 caliber K can?

In my experience, the majority of shops selling can's aren't selling the customer what they are looking for but what they have on hand in inventory. If you do a lot of business with this shop they might make it right but if you are a first time customer they are more than likely going to tell you your out of luck when you signed your Form 4.

Depending on your budget and length, weight, sound suppression, and attachment requirements, they should have directed you to consider the following cans for .223 and 300blk:

• YHM: Resonator or Resonator K
  • Deadair: Nomad 30, Nomad Ti, Nomad L, Nomad LT, Sandman K, Sandmad S, Sandman L
  • Rex Silentium MG7
  • CGS: Hyperion, Hyperion K, Helios
  • Tunder Beast: Ultra 5, 7 or 9 in 30 cal
YHM and Rex Silentium are going to be your best bang for the buck and you could almost get two of their cans for the price of that SiCo can.

The list above is biased based on my personal opinions and preferences, 1st hand experience, etc... but biased none the less. I am not a fan of Griffin or SiCo and I think there are cans out there that are better or at least as good which better align to who I wish to do business with. CGS is pushing the boundaries of suppressor technology, Deadair has come on strong with a great product. Thunder Beast speaks for itself and you can research via google but there is a reason why their can's are sold out everywhere and sell out the minute they hit the shelves but they need to meet your need still.

I don't have all the can's mentioned above but I do have can's from every manufacturer in my list. If I were in your shoes, knowing what I know now, I would have bought two cheaper cans for just a little more than you spent total. Those two can's would have either been a YHM Turbo T2 (5.56/223) and YHM Resonator or Resonator K (.308 can) or I would have gotten two Rex MG7's, one is 5.56/.223 and one in .308 or mixed and matched between a YHM and Rex can. You really are just looking to get 5.56/223 hearing safe as it won't ever be quiet. Now 300blk you can get subs very quiet and could target a can for that specific purpose.

Last piece of advice, buy your can's through Silencer Shop and use a dealer who is a powered dealer and doesn't charge any fees for using the SS Kiosk or service.

The Omega 45k is a no-go on 223. Should be ok for 300 BLK subs. Although not the quietest option. So, the question is, do you get a dedicated 223/556 can now? And use the Omega 45k for the 300 BLK? Or do you get a 30 cal can to run on both the 223/556 and 300 BLK? And keep the Omega 45k for any PCC in 9mm, 40SW, and 45? Or pistols in those calibers? Might be nice on a lever action 38 special? If it were me, I would keep the Omega 45k and pick up a nice 30 cal can as well. But I have too many suppressors, so I'm probably biased 😀

Yes, ONLY subs though, right? I have a 45 pistol can so I can use it on 40, 9, maybe 45 someday...and 300 subs someday.

If you ever told the salesperson you intended to use it for 223, and he sold this thing to you, you both need to make this right.

If you never told them, and only kept your plan to use the new can on a 223 in your head...and then realized you made a mistake, then you should probably just move forward with the purchase and use this as a learning experience. And then go buy a 45acp PCC right now!

Cause I wanted a multipurpose I think at the time and I mentioned my fnx. Anybody want a decked out fnx w trijicon rmr and silencer 💩

I'll stick w Colt 1911 for pistol no silencer.

Why not do a few hours of research beforehand? See what the manufacturers rate their own products for.... A suppressor is not like a pistol in that you're pretty committed once the ball is rolling and getting the right thing after the fact can be a year's worth of regret. I know this isn't a helpful statement but man.... We have internet. The guys I buy my suppressors through generally know both Jack and poop about what they're selling other than the price tag and what their buddy's cousin says about it.

I do think too many folks try to get the all-around can for everything. But changing out threads and a spacer for rifle and that spring for pistol really gets old! Every new can owner should really take the long view (since it is really tough to sell one of these later) and get the best can for the most important use. Then get another can for the 2nd most important use. Etc.

One can for every gun.

Over 3-6 decades of this slow process you'll have them all!

I'd buy a short barreled .45 PCC, like a Vector or something similar that wouldn't make the .45 go above subsonic, to go with that silencer and then I'd buy the suppressor for my rifle after I did a lot more homework.

I also wouldn't trust a gun store employee to necessarily know anything about what I was trying to buy and definitely wouldn't take their word on anything until I verified it with my own research.

Don't you ever go into the shop and think I want that. It's not like we are buying motorcycles. Like I'm into dirt bikes then I was like I wanted a cbr600. I'm trying to be respectful of others keeping it quieter.
I need to think more strategically about purchases. I probably wasn't clear myself in my intentions. I'm still learning. I only found out yesterday I only needed a new barrel not a whole upper for 300blk.
Im more excited about my 20" Wilson super sniper 308 coming in this fall anyhow. The 300 sbr seems more like a special occasion. I rather like making a lot of noise when appropriate.

Don't you ever go into the shop and think I want that. It's not like we are buying motorcycles. Like I'm into dirt bikes then I was like I wanted a cbr600. I'm trying to be respectful of others keeping it quieter.
I need to think more strategically about purchases. I probably wasn't clear myself in my intentions. I'm still learning. I only found out yesterday I only needed a new barrel not a whole upper for 300blk.
Im more excited about my 20" Wilson super sniper 308 coming in this fall anyhow. The 300 sbr seems more like a special occasion. I rather like making a lot of noise when appropriate.
Just FYI, yes, the barrel COULD be the only change, but it's not by any means a quick process and for nearly all AR owners it is far more practical to just own two uppers and set them both up that way. Then taking it a step further, most AR owners just get a second lower too because the $200 or less difference of not having separate lowers for each gun just gets silly.

Cause I wanted a multipurpose I think at the time and I mentioned my fnx. Anybody want a decked out fnx w trijicon rmr and silencer 💩

I'll stick w Colt 1911 for pistol no silencer.
One size fits nothing.

Now you can sell the suppressor after you take possession. You'll likely lose a couple hundred plus you're out the $200 for the tax stamp, so it doesn't really gain you much.

Live and learn. Impromptu purchases of NFA items will stick with you pretty much forever.

I'm a rookie to this whole NFA/Tax Stamp
Process myself, but is it not possible to abort the process? One would think it's possible, may cost $200 for the tax stamp and a restocking fee for the silencer, but that's a far cry from eating an unwanted/insufficient can.

As has been said, research, research, research. Find the ones of interest, make sure they check all the mandatory and applicable boxes, then try to find one in stock.

Just recently embarked on the process myself, settling on a CGS Mod 9SK for 9mm pistol and .300 Blackout pistol (subs only, which is what I reload/shoot). Took lots of research, and preparation to finally pull the trigger.

adopting an NFA item is like adopting a pet, gotta do your due diligence, gotta make sure you are compatible and can live with it before adopting.

I'm a rookie to this whole NFA/Tax Stamp
Process myself, but is it not possible to abort the process? One would think it's possible, may cost $200 for the tax stamp and a restocking fee for the silencer, but that's a far cry from eating an unwanted/insufficient can.

As has been said, research, research, research. Find the ones of interest, make sure they check all the mandatory and applicable boxes, then try to find one in stock.

Just recently embarked on the process myself, settling on a CGS Mod 9SK for 9mm pistol and .300 Blackout pistol (subs only, which is what I reload/shoot). Took lots of research, and preparation to finally pull the trigger.

adopting an NFA item is like adopting a pet, gotta do your due diligence, gotta make sure you are compatible and can live with it before adopting.
One would think since it takes more than a year to finally get the stamp, but with how government works….

I'd buy a short barreled .45 PCC, like a Vector or something similar that wouldn't make the .45 go above subsonic, to go with that silencer and then I'd buy the suppressor for my rifle after I did a lot more homework.

I also wouldn't trust a gun store employee to necessarily know anything about what I was trying to buy and definitely wouldn't take their word on anything until I verified it with my own research.
^^^Here is your answer.

In the end it's just not ideal. If this makes sense, if I have a gf w me some women don't really like black loud guns. I'll just play Keanu with the FNX wear his leather jacket and have fun. It will work for 300 just not the best. I admit fault and learned to do the research I was just excited. On the 300 front since the lower is Wilson I found a 16" Wilson upper for a good deal but that seems a bit long w a can. I'm not all that jazzed at the moment on the 300 thing. Someone mentioned just a dedicated 300. Next job contact maybe I'll put in an order for noveske or radian.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top