JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am preparing to build my first silencer with an approved Form 1 and need to find an engraver who can engrave on a stainless cylinder. Does anyone have an engraver to recommend in the South Sound. (Tacoma- Gig Harbor area)

Most engraving shops should be able to do it. Call some trophy shops and ask if they can meet the required depth on stainless. I had a trophy shop engrave my krink. The lady told me my rifle was ugly. Lol!

FYI - if the suppressor is complete, the engraver has to do with work with you present, or possess an FFL class 3 SOT if you intend to leave it there.
Yup, there is a local outfit here that said "Drop it off and when it's engraved we will call you" and they aren't a class 3 SOT.. Yeah, no thanks... pass.... Blew my mind.

FYI - if the suppressor is complete, the engraver has to do with work with you present, or possess an FFL class 3 SOT if you intend to leave it there.
I was planning on having it engraved before I drill. It is a modular can, so I will only be leaving the first cylinder which will not be drilled. So, its not a silencer...yet.

I'm starting to think I need to buy a freaking laser.

Seems like there is a big empty whole in the realm of engraving that needs filled.

I've got three that need engraved myself and with Covid 19, no one that used to is open. That and they are all a sizable travel from the Beaverton Hillsboro areas.

While I hope no one writes to the ATF for a ruling on modular silencers, I wonder how they would rule on a modular model given that there is no tube. I plan to engrave the entry chamber as its the largest piece and what is attached to the AR Pistol.

That's the part the the SilercerCo Switchback has engraved.

While I hope no one writes to the ATF for a ruling on modular silencers, I wonder how they would rule on a modular model given that there is no tube. I plan to engrave the entry chamber as its the largest piece and what is attached to the AR Pistol.

Quite a few cans like that. I believe Q has a rimfire can where the blast baffle module is the serialized part. Many other cans are done similarly too. The Hybrid has an outer titanium tube that is serialized with the actual suppressor having the serialized sleeve threaded on. I found this when I had it stick to a brake and the outer sleeve unthreaded. It's nice for the off chance you get a baffle strike. Pull the sleeve with the serial number and slap it on a new core.

Several engravers will do the rear cap. No biggie.

FWIW get it engraved before the form 1 comes back. Then its just a tube.

I know a few class 3 engravers that will engrave your tube and ship it back to you for 30 bucks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top