JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is not research when one only looks for answers and data that support one's pre-existing conclusion.
I am not saying that this is indeed the case here...but the track record of the folks doing the research , has me leery of the outcome.
Andy

Recommend them to pay Andy a extremely large stiffen with all expenses paid for travel, product research including ammo To do a honest evaluation on his own schedule:s0133:

Recommend them to pay Andy a extremely large stiffen with all expenses paid for travel, product research including ammo To do a honest evaluation on his own schedule:s0133:

Good answer...Like the way you think...:D

That said...
I'd be taking a different approach...as it doesn't matter to me so much what was used to commit the violent act...
I'd be more interested in the common variables in person committing the violence...the causes of what makes one think that violence is the cure for what ails them....And promoting the idea that guns ain't the problem...but people are the real issue here.
So,....
Maybe I ain't a good choice after all....:D
Andy

"This is going to unlock a vein of pure gold that people on both sides of the aisle will appreciate"... because they can use it to drain the blood out of the 2nd amendment until it withers and dies.
:s0054:

"This is going to unlock a vein of pure gold that people on both sides of the aisle will appreciate"... because they can use it to drain the blood out of the 2nd amendment until it withers and dies.
:s0054:

I doubt it like the OP said
(Easy to say "It's only research" but being conducted by people already dedicated to gun grabbing. I am not a fan )

And just where will this "research" end up? Every cooking magazine, check out counter tabloid, "serious news propaganda network" and other places real data isn't found.

Are we all forgetting the time the Obama admin had the CDC do a study into the "causes of gun violence" and it determined that gun control had no significant impact on gun violence? (obviously I am paraphrasing the study)

Here's a nice reminder from a recent article:
In truth, nothing has ever stopped the CDC from asking for specific funding to research "gun violence" if it pleased. Nothing has stopped the CDC from allocating its own funds for a study on gun violence.
The real problem for anti-gun activists hasn't been a dearth of data, but the inability to use CDC as a political cudgel in the Second Amendment debate.

Here's a nice reminder from a recent article:

It isn't some major insight and I've heard it all my life, but the older I get, the more I truly understand that politics is 100% about perception and 0% about facts, logic, what is rational, what is right, or even what is slightly helpful.

It is not research when one only looks for answers and data that support one's pre-existing conclusion.
I am not saying that this is indeed the case here...but the track record of the folks doing the research , has me leery of the outcome.
Andy

I'm not familiar with NIH studies, but CDC has promoted gun control in the past, I'm pretty sure.

USA headline: "Change is happening!"

And just where will this "research" end up? Every cooking magazine, check out counter tabloid, "serious news propaganda network" and other places real data isn't found.

I think it will wind up in front of Congress, or in Legislatures, or both, as propaganda to enact more gun control.

As I understand it the Dickey amendment is still in place so they won't be able to advocate for gun control with their findings.

A look at recent Congressional action gives doubt to their adhering to any kind of rules.

Are we all forgetting the time the Obama admin had the CDC do a study into the "causes of gun violence" and it determined that gun control had no significant impact on gun violence? (obviously I am paraphrasing the study)
I second this. It was the Obama CDC that determined that there was some unknown number of crimes not committed due to a firearm being present or used...and that number was HIGH.

If a SCIENTIST is doing the work, they're going to create a falsifiable hypothesis, create an experiment, and then...and here's the kicker...see where the evidence leads.

I realize that there are more than a few political hacks, and some of those political hacks happen to be scientists. But, if we've gotten to a point where the majority of scientists working on any team are willing to throw the scientific method out-the-window in order to create junk...then we're simply sitting on a time-bomb. Many, many things will go to hell...not just gun rights...if this is the case.

I've got some faith that this isn't the case.

I second this. It was the Obama CDC that determined that there was some unknown number of crimes not committed due to a firearm being present or used...and that number was HIGH.

If a SCIENTIST is doing the work, they're going to create a falsifiable hypothesis, create an experiment, and then...and here's the kicker...see where the evidence leads.

I realize that there are more than a few political hacks, and some of those political hacks happen to be scientists. But, if we've gotten to a point where the majority of scientists working on any team are willing to throw the scientific method out-the-window in order to create junk...then we're simply sitting on a time-bomb. Many, many things will go to hell...not just gun rights...if this is the case.

I've got some faith that this isn't the case.

IIRC, the Obama CDC is they only CDC that ever treated the subject objectively. They have a long long track record of promoting gun control!!!

As far as scientists and science goes... most thinking people have completely lost faith in them and in their processes. It's all agenda driven and rubber stamped. Publish or die, peer fear rules. Toe the accepted line or else!!

One look at Scientific American in the 60s vs Scientific American now will cure you of that faith... it's all politically driven garbage.

After finding out about the FBI's shenanigans...….

Why bother trusting anyone from The Govt? Or, with Govt funding to conduct "research".

"The Fix Is In"

But then, some of us already knew that.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....BESIDES, the 2nd A says what it says.

Since the number of deaths by MEDICAL MISTAKES stunningly dwarfs the number of deaths by fireatms maybe the two MEDICAL groups they plan to fund just might want to look into those first. Then agsin, that's lust little old deplorable me talking again.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top