JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This lives on the gate of our back fence:

View attachment 1865904

This seems the better direction. I can think of others:

Danger! Heavy equipment operations 24/7.
Warning: Killbots are active. Call 555-555-5555 for exemption.
Hunting Area. Hunting permit and hi-vis clothing required.
Warning: Before entering, vent release valve #17 to avoid radiation exposure.
Firing range is ACTIVE. Enter from South Gate only.

Possible temporary signs:

Delivery Driver: Please remain in car and call 555-555-5555. The tiger has escaped again.

Lost: "Fluffy"
OIP.jpg
Very friendly, especially if you bring pork chops. Do NOT touch his ears.

Even "No Soliciting" posted in THREE different places does no good in my AO. Door-to-door streetpreacher types don't seem to understand "yes, this DOES mean YOU too"...
My college girlfriend had a roommate who was from some Eastern European country. If somebody started about religion when she opened the door, she'd yell "Nicky!" and walk away. Her roommate would walk up to them and say, in a strong Russian kinda sounding accent, "I am Russian, I have no religion. Go away." and shut the door in their face. :D

My college girlfriend had a roommate who was from some Eastern European country. If somebody started about religion when she opened the door, she'd yell "Nicky!" and walk away. Her roommate would walk up to them and say, in a strong Russian kinda sounding accent, "I am Russian, I have no religion. Go away." and shut the door in their face. :D
In America, God judges you. In Soviet Russia, God is Vodka.

Even "No Soliciting" posted in THREE different places does no good in my AO. Door-to-door streetpreacher types don't seem to understand "yes, this DOES mean YOU too"...
Years ago some door-to-door proselytizers came to the door of our fairly remote rural home and started their spiel. I happened to have a stack of books sitting in hand's reach that I had placed there to grab on the way out the door, intending to return them to the lady that loaned them to me to read. They were all by Erich Von Daniken, with "Chariots of the Gods" on the top of the stack. I grabbed "Chariots" and told them that Jesus was an alien spaceman and this book explains it all, offering it to them to take home and read. They quickly left, and we have never again been visited by proselytizers.

Years ago some door-to-door proselytizers came to the door of our fairly remote rural home and started their spiel. I happened to have a stack of books sitting in hand's reach that I had placed there to grab on the way out the door, intending to return them to the lady that loaned them to me to read. They were all by Erich Von Daniken, with "Chariots of the Gods" on the top of the stack. I grabbed "Chariots" and told them that Jesus was an alien spaceman and this book explains it all, offering it to them to take home and read. They quickly left, and we have never again been visited by proselytizers.
Answer the door naked with a machete. Same effect but be sure to fill the Sherriff in beforehand. That didn't sound right. Tell the Sherriff about it ahead of time.

Answer the door naked with a machete. Same effect but be sure to fill the Sherriff in beforehand. That didn't sound right. Tell the Sherriff about it ahead of time.
I have LONG worked nights. Long ago summer, window open, I hear several people walk up to porch, start knocking. I ignored them, could hear the one saying to the others surely someone is home as they keep knocking. So finally I get up and yank door open in my tighty whities. One woman says "oh did we wake you, sorry. Then still starts in trying to sell me her version of "god". I used a couple 4 letter words and shut the door. Must have got my home on a do not knock list as they never bothered me again :D

Last Edited:
I can still remember my squadren comander and the base Chaplin visiting me in the hospital. The Chaplin's first question was. "My son, do you have any religious preferance"?
I asked my CO "Am I going to die"?
No, no you're not going to die.He said.
Then what do I need a Chaplin for?
The Chaplin said, I guess there's no need for me here.
As he started to leave I said, stop by anytime you want to play some cards,
but he never came back. :s0092:

I can still remember my squadren comander and the base Chaplin visiting me in the hospital. The Chaplin's first question was. "My son, do you have any religious preferance"?
I asked my CO "Am I going to die"?
No, no you're not going to die.He said.
Then what do I need a Chaplin for?
The Chaplin said, I guess there's no need for me here.
As he started to leave I said, stop by anytime you want to play some cards,
but he never came back. :s0092:

"Lord, give me chastity and temperancebut not yet!"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR