JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I appreciate the humor, my general position on posting signs is to not post signs that would complicate my legal defense if I did...God forbid...actually have to shoot someone. YMMV.
I agree. Even signs that say/imply that you have dogs that bite or that they are dangerous etc can be used against you if the bite someone. Because it implies that you knew that the dogs might bite someone and you didn't take appropriate precautions. To quote @Alexx1401 "Sadly the world we live in".

Signs on vehicles just lead bad guys to your door.

Lock your doors and gates. Use cameras and peepholes. Only sign I use is a No Soliciting sign (Boy/Girls Scouts only)

So I guess I pass up knocking on someone's door to tell them about the 100' fir tree that's leaning and about ready to drop on their F-250 quad cab?
Jesus, what happened to humanity?
I miss having neighbors. Instead of just "People that live around me". :(

So I guess I pass up knocking on someone's door to tell them about the 100' fir tree that's leaning and about ready to drop on their F-250 quad cab?
I work nights, sleep days. Would have ZERO problem with some neighbor telling me my dog got loose, or such. LOVE neighbors like that. What I can NOT stand is people who wake me up to sell me something or tell me about their "god"
Years ago I got into in pretty good with a neighbor who's dog tried to make a meal out of mine and he got REAL upset. He also got cited. Months later I was walking by his house and saw he had left his lights on his vehicle. Picked up my dog, knocked on his door. He was staring daggers at me when he opened it until I said "hey man your lights are on, don't want to come out and find the battery dead'. He of course smiled and thanked me then. With sheepish look on his face :D

I work nights, sleep days. Would have ZERO problem with some neighbor telling me my dog got loose, or such. LOVE neighbors like that. What I can NOT stand is people who wake me up to sell me something or tell me about their "god"
Years ago I got into in pretty good with a neighbor who's dog tried to make a meal out of mine and he got REAL upset. He also got cited. Months later I was walking by his house and saw he had left his lights on his vehicle. Picked up my dog, knocked on his door. He was staring daggers at me when he opened it until I said "hey man your lights are on, don't want to come out and find the battery dead'. He of course smiled and thanked me then. With sheepish look on his face :D
:Sigh:
I know. It bums me out that when I moved here, I had "Neighbors" and now THEY, are just other people that live around me. No communication. Yards are left to grow as they will. Have dogs that get put outside and bark at anything, or nothing. Walk by the house without looking up from their phones.
It's depressing seeing where man has gone in the last 50 years.

Maybe I should count myself lucky? We've had very, very few strangers knock on our door in the 21 years we've lived here.

:Sigh:
I know. It bums me out that when I moved here, I had "Neighbors" and now THEY, are just other people that live around me. No communication. Yards are left to grow as they will. Have dogs that get put outside and bark at anything, or nothing. Walk by the house without looking up from their phones.
It's depressing seeing where man has gone in the last 50 years.

Maybe I should count myself lucky? We've had very, very few strangers knock on our door in the 21 years we've lived here.
For me its been a good while. For a long time though it was people selling meat. Couple of them were a real PITA. The ones selling their "god" must keep a list as after telling a couple off they seemed to avoid waking me up for that.

For me its been a good while. For a long time though it was people selling meat. Couple of them were a real PITA. The ones selling their "god" must keep a list as after telling a couple off they seemed to avoid waking me up for that.
Now that you mention it, I think we had a couple meat sellers in the past. Haven't had the "Church People" in vans for a long time.
You being a day sleeper, it's got to be pits getting woke up in the middle of your shut-eye. I don't know how you guys do it.
RE: The signs, I'd say have only "Day Sleeper" on a sign isn't saying no one is home. Only that someone there sleeps during the day. Hey! Maybe..."SHHHHHH, BABY SLEEPING" would be better?

If you have a front door with sidelight windows, you could put one of these there. :p

D0F6135F-E0CD-4FF0-BEDB-0D58E67990BD.jpeg

I have an ax handle by the door.
Lately I've been keeping this 12 ga hidden near the door. Can't decide on load out though. Frangible slug, frangible 00 Buck, traditional 00 buck, #4 buck etc.I like them all.

Also would like to try the HESH slugs (high explosive squash head). But then after the first one explodes the hole would be so big that everything after that would zing on through probably. Probably whatever loads one uses would be pretty effective with this rate of fire (shown in YouTube video). Would love to shoot a full drum of HESH slugs to see what it can do in rapid fire.

39950FA1-BE5D-4D03-AA11-C18082959674.jpeg
HESH slugs in action. 3rd one looks like he had tannerite taped to the steel to me. Still a full drum dump of those would be something to experience.

Last Edited:
I agree that those signs can cause problems and I don't think they would actually deter someone. If anything you're letting them know you have guns in the house they can steal.

I just have the basic "no soliciting" sign, visible cameras, and a dog that barks. He won't bite but does scare the crap out of people. Oh, and metal security gate in the front and back doors that were installed when I moved in, if someone is breaking in they would need to come through a window where they would be greeted by a barking, crazy looking dog. Because of the cameras, if I don't know the person I won't answer the door.

I agree. Even signs that say/imply that you have dogs that bite or that they are dangerous etc can be used against you if the bite someone. Because it implies that you knew that the dogs might bite someone and you didn't take appropriate precautions
I read an article online recently where this did happen to a couple. I don't remember where but a burglar jumped into their yard, they had signs up that said they had attack dogs, the dogs jacked the burglar up, he sued and won costing them a bunch of money. I'm mostly liberal but even I know this is some liberal political Bull snit. It made me wonder if the guy wasn't a burglar but some desperate guy just trying to make some quick money. People these days just suck.

I agree. Even signs that say/imply that you have dogs that bite or that they are dangerous etc can be used against you if the bite someone. Because it implies that you knew that the dogs might bite someone and you didn't take appropriate precautions. To quote @Alexx1401 "Sadly the world we live in".

Signs on vehicles just lead bad guys to your door.

Lock your doors and gates. Use cameras and peepholes. Only sign I use is a No Soliciting sign (Boy/Girls Scouts only)
And as my Grampa sais, "If you have to shoot, make sure you drag em inside ur home before calling the police". And he's a retired albany Police Officer

I miss having neighbors too. And I hate to give in to being cynical,....

But we did not create or aid in the creation of this situation.

My close inner S.E. neighborhood was safer when the homes were selling for $50K verses $500K-$750K. My neighbors used to be working class families and retirees,.....Now Black Lives Matter signs and rainbow flags dot the neighborhood. It's as though a group-think mob mentality is all that they subscribe to. They are strangers to critical thought.

They all notice the out of control property crime yet, like zombies, they refuse to see the direct relationship between the policies of the people that they voted for and the crime and overall pestilence in our city's neighborhoods.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top