JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weight-wise I didn't notice any difference, and besides the ergo difference in grip nothing really stood out to me as being unbalanced. I'm pretty used to them, so it's going to be a personal preference/feel thing - definitely recommend putting your paws on one to see how it feels for you.

I got the email from NW Armory with their "sale" flyer. I couldn't believe what they were charging for it. I got one for one of my customers and sold it for under $1100. It's a great gun though.

After I got my hands on it I was wishing I had ordered two and kept one. I don't typically keep inventory, just get people what they want without ridiculous mark-up.

So, I've been a SIG Sauer guy for decades. I have too many of them :O although recently I've been mainly carrying a most delightful little Springfield Armory Mod.2 in .40 caliber.

Anyway, I bought a Legion Series P229 in .40 a week or so ago - I already have a .40 P229, but the Evil People at SIG got to me - and I have to say that it's seriously nice.

BUT -

The trigger pull was heavier than expected - I'd guess around 12-13 lbs double action.

So today my #17 spring from Wolff arrived, I installed it, and OMG - now the pull weight is pretty much equal to my older P229s (I actually have a couple). Anybody else run into a too-heavy double action trigger on a P229 Legion Series pistola?

FWIW, the Gray Guns trigger that comes on the Legion P229 is excellent, as is the fact that it's a SRT (short reset trigger). All in all, not a big deal to spend an extra few bucks on a non-factory spring, but surprising nonetheless.

Also, the single action pull on the Gray Guns trigger with the Wolff spring is spectacular! So maybe it was worth it :) VERY nice break, not too light, not too heavy, juuuuuuuuust right. And sharp.

Comments?

Sorry for the thread resurrection but I ended up grabbing a 226....couldn't be happier. It is an awesome shot, the trigger is beautiful. I recommend.

sig.jpg

Checking in with the Racoon....and he says...

Raccoon-ReallyReallyWant.jpg

I have too many Sigs already, but lord I love em.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top