JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suspect that many of us subscribe to some of the same reading materials. I was interested to see that Sig started with the magazine (high capacity for its small size) and then built a gun around it. Makes perfect sense to me. I like the various Sigs I've handled and shot.

So - these are on shelves now. I dropped the wife off at work this morning and headed for the gun counter to fondle stuff, after getting kiddo's birthday present (a Daisy BSA model single pump air rifle).

They had a P365 on the shelf, wowza was all I could say. Its WAY more comfortable to hold than the Glock 43, with the same size grip (actually felt smaller) AND it's 4 more rounds capacity over the G43. The Sig X-Ray sights - holy crap I need these on my guns. If I had the spare coin, I'd have to bring one home. My wife has been lusting over it too - that or the new M&P 380EZ. The P365 would probably be more up her alley as a carry gun, because it's smaller.

From a shootability standpoint, I'll be really interested to see how the P365 does. A gun that small probably isn't one you want to shoot a lot of, even in 9mm. Seriously, it's smaller than the KelTec P11, kind of inbetween that and a P3AT in size. I'm damn impressed with it. It seems far more ergonomic, and with lower slide height/bore axis than the P320. If they take this gun, and scale it up in grip length and slide length - they could have a Glock 19 size gun that holds 18 or 20 rounds, and be more comfortable than the P320 to boot. I really don't know what sort of Voodoo they did to make that gun hold that many rounds, but damn it's impressive.

Is it too heavy? It looks like it's unbalanced.

It felt better balanced than the Glock did. With a loaded mag it probably balances even better. Honestly was not a fan of how the Glock felt at all. Their "single" stack guns just never feel right. Maybe if they got rid of thw god awful "Glock hump" on the backstrap, it would help.

It felt better balanced than the Glock did. With a loaded mag it probably balances even better. Honestly was not a fan of how the Glock felt at all. Their "single" stack guns just never feel right. Maybe if they got rid of thw god awful "Glock hump" on the backstrap, it would help.

I agree. I had a G43 and got rid of it. I carry a G26 now.

I agree. I had a G43 and got rid of it. I carry a G26 now.

The 26 is a good little gun. I dont generally care for guns that make use of baseplates for a 3 finger grip, or require curling a finger under, but the G26 is a good shooter. My wife was scary good her first time shooting one. She's weird tho - she loves subcompact guns and shuns shooting full size guns. She likes shooting her shield more than my compact double stack. :rolleyes:

The 26 is a good little gun. I dont generally care for guns that make use of baseplates for a 3 finger grip, or require curling a finger under, but the G26 is a good shooter. My wife was scary good her first time shooting one. She's weird tho - she loves subcompact guns and shuns shooting full size guns. She likes shooting her shield more than my compact double stack. :rolleyes:

I prefer to shoot my G34 and my 2 G17's. But I also shoot this quite well. :)

I picked a P365 up earlier this week. I had surgery on my neck a month ago and can't even shoot it for another month. But it's totally clear that Sig has a winner unless something remarkable jumps up. It just has that great build quality that all my Sigs have had. I'm fascinated by the capacity, the sights, the trigger and everything else about it. I've got a couple of pocket holsters that fit it fairly well and it worked today even in a pair of fairly tight jeans I wore. I had a P938 that I replaced with this and I'm very pleased with that exchange. Please post and let me know what you think about it since you've had it longer.

I'm hopefully picking up a P365 next week. Was supposed to be in this week, but missed the shipment. Oh well, I'll get it soon enough, can't wait! My current carry piece is a full-size Ruger SR9, and while it is concealable, it's just big enough that I find myself not carrying it very often just due to the size/weight. This little Sig should solve both those issues!

Picked it up Thursday, nice little gun! Haven't had a chance to actually shoot it yet, but the size is really nice. The extended magazine fits my little hands great, and the sights are nice, never had night sights before. Waiting for my holster and some time to get to know the gun now.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top