JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked mine up on Friday and immediately went and put 100 rounds in it. Had one failure to lock back but that was probably me riding the slide stop. The trigger and sights are fantastic for such a small gun. I'm coming from a P290rs and the difference is just night and day.

Field stripped it after and no issues I could see. I would've put more into it but my thumbs were toast from loading and I figured I should finish my actual errands for the day. Needless to say, I'm cautiously very optimistic that this is the carry gun I've been waiting for since I started CCW. Fingers crossed.

Mac tossed his in the crickmud. ouch

I'm really just hoping now that we're just hearing from the unlucky few, otherwise I just wasted a good chunk of money! I'll have to put a couple hundred rounds through it soon and see what happens. If it breaks, that's what warranties are for, I guess. I'm usually far from an early adopter, but since the original issues were the FTRTB, and they stopped production and fixed that, I though all was well. Guess time will tell....

Lots of striker tips breaking, reports of random excessive barrel and slide peening, and even a few total trigger failures. Mine's ok, but I'm not happy that these are popping up. Time will tell. This seems to be an increasing trend with new firearms of all types, though.

Pro:
Clever design with the slim double stack
12+1
It's a SIG

Con:
Price is too high
Way too many and various issues reported
Would not recommend to a friend

My PPS-M2 is safe for the foreseeable future

The p938 is all metal, weighs less and holds 8 rounds with a mag you can hold. Just 16 oz and 1911 controls and crisp trigger. With nightsights a hair over $500.

My XD mod2 subcompact holds 10 rounds of 45 acp and 14 with the standspard size grip. So not sure this new Sig is all that groundbreaking. I'll stick with the 938 it goes in my coat pocket nice. For now anyway.

Every hammer fired Sig I have owned or shot has been absolutely wonderful. Seems to me they lost their mojo when they entered the striker market. I've heard they finally debugged the 320 and that's great. I'm sure they will make the necessary fixes to this one as well. Eventually. As bad as I want one of these, I guess my g26 is safe for awhile. Gunna have to see a lot of good reports in the future before I jump!

Finally got mine last Thursday. Shot Maxxtech, Magtech & Blazer about 300 rounds in total, plus 30 of Gold Dot (Carry Round). No malfunctions, worked flawlessly. Accurate out to about 80 feet, my limitations I suspect. Felt recoil was very low, very impressed with ability to get back on target quickly. I'll run another 250, but I can see this soon becoming my EDC and allow my .38 special LCR to rest awhile.

Finally got mine last Thursday. Shot Maxxtech, Magtech & Blazer about 300 rounds in total, plus 30 of Gold Dot (Carry Round). No malfunctions, worked flawlessly. Accurate out to about 80 feet, my limitations I suspect. Felt recoil was very low, very impressed with ability to get back on target quickly. I'll run another 250, but I can see this soon becoming my EDC and allow my .38 special LCR to rest awhile.

Good to hear something other than failures, lol! Watched a video yesterday by Frogbone, they were talking about their rental P365s, and they had one with 12k+ rounds thru it with no issues, and the second one was over 4k with no issues. The failures are probably just all we hear about because that's where the most noise is made. By the way, did you happen to check you casings for the primer smear MAC was seeing in his video? I could definitely see that causing a problem with the firing pin down the line. I'm going to try to put 1 or 2 hundred down the tube this weekend, and that's something I'll definitely be checking for.

Are you seeing primer drag on yours? Thats a big one that seems to be symptomatic on guns with broken striker tips.

If the concern is the broken firing pin, seems the culprit is dry firing w/o a snap cap is causing the issue according to posts I've read at Sig Talk forum.

Modern firearms should be able to take dry fire without a snap cap, its not like its striking the barrel or anything, and the primer smearing indicates the firing pin is not rebounding fast enough, or the gun unlocks too quickly. May need a stiffer spring, or redesign of the striker.

Such a cool little gun, I hope Sig gets it running right because its one my wife wants badly, and I would not mind it as a backup/pocket rocket.

Watched a video yesterday by Frogbone, they were talking about their rental P365s, and they had one with 12k+ rounds thru it with no issues, and the second one was over 4k with no issues. The failures are probably just all we hear about because that's where the most noise is made.
Well, hopefully the complaints are the rare cases, but there is quite an assortment :

Primer drag
Broken firing pins
Loose front sight
Barrel lug peening
Trigger linkage failure

Well, hopefully the complaints are the rare cases, but there is quite an assortment :

Primer drag
Broken firing pins
Loose front sight
Barrel lug peening
Trigger linkage failure

I've only seen one mention of the loose front sight, and I think they fixed the barrel lug peening with the gen2. I haven't taken mine down yet to make sure the corners have been nibbled off though. I'm just hoping to see more about people having zero issues and these are just some unlucky people who got pistols made during the teething phase.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top