JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was re-installing Leupold DPP after it returned from repair onto my M17 slide and the loaded chamber indicator spring POPPED from my hands into another dimension. Can't find it anywhere. Nobody has one (MGW, Osage, Midway, Brownells).

I turned to the webz and only 2 threads on other forums. Some folks said the spring isn't even available from Sig. One single post said that they used a random spring, which got me thinking. I'm going to tell what I used so maybe the next person could use this info from a Google search.

I took a Glock striker safety spring (the one that is in that part that gets pushed up into the slide by the trigger bar) and cut about 2 coils off the end and used the rest. I put the flat end on the LCI and the cut end toward the slide. Fits and functions perfectly! And that spring is easily available, even in low-powered variants from folks like Zev.

Last Edited:
I had to make an account and thank you. The local FFL I had my P320 XCompact shipped to wanted to get the sight plate off and try a few optics on the footprint. And, to nobody's surprise, he let the spring get away from him, then couldn't find a replacement available and left me sh*t outta luck. I found your post, ordered a couple springs, clipped one down, and was back in business. Put 100 rounds through and nothing out of the ordinary. Thank you for your "bush fix" suggestion, so much appreciated!

I'm very much one of those who likes to have an extra (2 or 3 extras) of every part and spring and pin. But that spring in particular is not one I would even think about having a spare. I'm so glad that my experience helped you out!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top