JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,
I'm looking for a tried and proven concealed carry. My brother suggests a Sig P-228; his personal favorite amongst the various semi-autos he owns. After reading various reviews on this gun, it sure seems to be a long time favorite.

As I'm just now starting the hunt for a very good condition P-228, I'd like to hear from the forum on what other 9mm pistols are considered comparable and that I should have a look at.

Also, are their any particular mfg. date, features on the P-228 to look for?

Thanks,
Bill

The Glock 19 being the exception...reading lot's of the Ford vs. Chevy threads on other sites comparing these two. Would be interested in any other pistols any of you chose instead of these.

I just was about to sell my 228, took it out and shot it again yesterday and said no way! Very accurate and smooth gun. Almost identical in size to a G19. I have a G23 also, I WAS gunna say, look at Glock...

Great guns, only all metal gun I would consider for carry, as most anything else is all steel(Sigs have an aluminum frame).

I do, however, always prefer Glocks. Theyre the lightest weight and highest capacity gun in a given size. The Sig's trigger can also take a bit of getting used to with its largely inconsistent trigger pull between the first and second shot. The Glock is about as simple as it gets. Point and click.

You can't go wrong with a glock or sig,does anybody know if you can put a SRT trigger kit in the 228.To tell you the truth I just recently started to see the 228 come up on the forum's lately for sale.I just dont see them verry often as much as a 229,226 etc.

If you find a P228 for a decent price ya better hop on it as there are more 228's being made.
I have a P225 I and am on the hunt for a 228 of West German heritage. There are a bunch of German police ones on the market right now.

Well, been looking around at the auction sites and the Sig P-228 sure demands a bigger price tag. Looks like it's down to a new G19 for the price of a good shape 228...hmmm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top