JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I searched the archives and didn't see an answer so here we go.
CZ52 owners what are some parts upgrades that you have done ? Thinking new grips and replacing the rollers. What else should I do?

IMG_6806.jpeg

Very cool pistols and very fun cartridge.

There is a company that makes aftermarket firing pins for those. That is the weak spot of the system. They recommend keeping several firing pins on hand.

Last one I had ~'97 had a spare barrel chambered for 9x19, even then was much easer to feed a 9mm. At the same time I also had an HK P9S also a roller block action, ya don't think HK thieved the idea from CZ do ya?

I have had my CZ52 for about 30 years now. I like it exactly the way it is; stock, like it came out of the factory. I don't shoot it a lot because of ammunition.

I had never heard of 9mm barrels for these, that would be really cool to acquire one.

Last one I had ~'97 had a spare barrel chambered for 9x19, even then was much easer to feed a 9mm. At the same time I also had an HK P9S also a roller block action, ya don't think HK thieved the idea from CZ do ya?
The CZ52 is a recoil operated action - the barrel moves with the slide, and the rollers do the same thing as a Beretta locking block to lock the slide and barrel together.

The P9S is a delayed blowback action with a fixed barrel. Rollers transmit mechanical disadvantage between the bolt head and the slide. Completely different system.

I've seen aftermarket barrels with compensators for the CZs.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews