JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've been wanting a SIG 226 Enhanced Elite 9 mm but I don't know if I want to spend that much on a gun right now. I am also considering the CZ P01. Maybe. My friend in TN said I should just buy the Sig Sauer E20229B 2022 Standard 9mm. He said it's almost as good as the SIG 226 Enhanced Elite but much cheaper. I don't care for polymer guns. I would be surprised if it was as easy to handle as the Sig Elite.
Thoughts?

I don't think the 2022 and a 226 E2 are really comparable. They will handle and feel very different. The triggers will be different (SRT comes on Sig Elite pistols).

That said, both are excellent handguns. The 2022 offers a lot of bang for the buck (I've seen them sub-$400 brand new). And you can't go wrong with any Sig Elite pistol (I have two myself, a 229 and a 220).

The P01 is another great handgun. Between these three options, you could throw a dart at the wall and walk away happy.

I disliked polymer guns also, "if it ain't steel, it ain't real"! But I have become a convert so my thoughts now are, lite to carry, my Sig and Ruger shoot fine and are plenty accurate, I'm sold on the poly frames! I guess I disliked how my Glocks felt, although they always preformed as advertised, and that turned me off on the polys before. Love my Sig now!

I have the 2022 and 226. Love them both. For the money, I'd go with the 2022. But..... the elite 226's are so nice looking. Can't say much for the CZ, I don't own one. I've never heard anything bad about them.

i have a 9mm witness poly which is a CZ-75 clone. tons of people who have owned sig elites and CZ variants all say they are all great weapons. i personally love my handgun and have no problems with handling or accuracy. at 30 feet i can shoot 5 in. spreads and im not a particularly good shot. feels great in your hand and it seems to be something a lot of people like about it. down side is you can shoot +p with it.

I have owned a Sig P230 and a P228. I currently own three CZ75s.

You get more gun for the money with CZ . . . Sig's single action trigger is better than CZ's.

They are all good options.

Like Galant said, for an all metal pistol, the CZ would be the more cost effective way to go. I have both as well and like both. My preference is a CZ compact D. My MK25 is one of my favorites for a full size.

I had this same debate 6 months ago and ended up with a Sig SP2022. I have shorter fingers and the double action trigger on the CZ (and clones) left me reaching. I've been shooting the Sig accurately without any problems other than initially riding the slide stop and haven't felt the least bit bad about passing on the CZ.

What kind of Ruger do you have?

I disliked polymer guns also, "if it ain't steel, it ain't real"! But I have become a convert so my thoughts now are, lite to carry, my Sig and Ruger shoot fine and are plenty accurate, I'm sold on the poly frames! I guess I disliked how my Glocks felt, although they always preformed as advertised, and that turned me off on the polys before. Love my Sig now!

Can't comment to the reload issue but do have a CZ 75B and would do another in a split second. Shoots great, very reliable and no problems. Have shot hundreds of rounds through it and have never had an issue with ammo used.

I'm not the best at keeping it cleaned. Clean it about every two or three trips to the range. Shoot 10 to 100 rounds each trip.

Also I have the conversion kit that with just the change of the slide mech and presto you now have a 22lr. This is a little more finiky with ammo but still does very well and makes it much cheaper to shoot.

Maybe I should go with the polymer sig and the cz. That way I can get 2 guns for about the cost of a new sig enhanced elite.

My daily carry is a 2022. Great trigger, DA/SA which I shoot better than a striker for some reason, and 15rds of get off my lawn.

I'm a bigger person (6'2'' 220lbs) and carry it with just a t-shirt some days. EIther I'm not printing badly, or people really are oblivious. Either way, I love my gun and highly recommend one to anyone who will listen.

I've had a CZ 75B and an early CZ 2075 RAMI in 9mm. I've also had a Sig P226 and a Sig P6/225. They were all outstanding pistols. Spend what you can comfortably afford and don't look back.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top