JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have owned more CZ's than Sigs and currently have seven CZ's and two Sigs. I find the Sig trigger is better out-of-the box but the CZ 75 series and SP-01 models can far surpass the Sig P series (p226, p228, p229 and P220) with readily available replacement Competition hammers and sears.
All the CZ pistols I own have had the hammer, sear and trigger replaced and most converted to Single Action Only like a 1911 or Browning HiPower. The CZ's fit my hand and point well and do the P228 and P226.
I just bought an Action Spring kit from GrayGuns and I will be doing a light polish with the lighter spring install. I look forward to seeing what all I can do with the Sig's. For the most part the Sigs are a bit more expensive but they are good-to-go right out of the box. I shot both CZ and Sig back-to back last weekend and enjoyed very acceptable Combat accuracy with the Sig's. The CZ's were noticeably more accurate for me. I believe its best to have a couple of each...:s0155: Scott, we need to find you a CZ!

The CZ has a much better trigger than the SIGs. I tried loving my p226 and P228 and could not the break is not as clean as the CZ and has a little hill before release unlike the CZ, hell even the beretta has a better trigger

LoneStar; those Elite series Sigs are very nice, you would never regret buying one. The CZ P-01 is a compact, alloy frame pistol that can be very nice but just not quite in the Elite class. I have owned a couple and they are nice but I just don'e see comparing it to an Elite. That's just my 2 cents. YMMV. For the lower price the P-01 is an excellent pistol.

I own a West German made P226 and have no complaints, though the DA pull takes a little getting used to. Once it's in SA... the trigger is great. Functions flawlessly with both the original 15-round mags and MecGar 18 rounders.

I haven't shot enough CZ to get a complete opinion, but I didn't have any negative impressions.

Honestly, it seems like SIG or CZ is a choice of good vs good.

I have a Ruger LC9. It conceals easily.

The LC9 wasn't out yet when I got the LCP. The .380 doesnt bother me much thanks to the LazerMax, which I have found to be rugged and holds its zero very well. I have burned up a lot of battery's drawing and lazing objects as well as live fire. I'm pretty competent for an old guy. I wouldnt shoot anyone who was trying to give me a LC9!

The LC9 was orginally my wife's CC gun but she didn't like it. Too snappy for her.

The LC9 wasn't out yet when I got the LCP. The .380 doesnt bother me much thanks to the LazerMax, which I have found to be rugged and holds its zero very well. I have burned up a lot of battery's drawing and lazing objects as well as live fire. I'm pretty competent for an old guy. I wouldnt shoot anyone who was trying to give me a LC9!

I've been seeing the FN 9 mm in gun stores. They don't have Sigs or CZ's but they do have the FN's. What are your reasons for recommending the FNX?

not to confuse the issue but have you shot a FNX in 9mm. if your looking for a nice DA/SA pistol with a hammer take a look at FN before you buy anything

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top