JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone ever had an issue with the "combat sight picture" that most Sig's have? I have been used top 1911 shooting my whole life. I got a P220 a while ago and it feels great but I am not accurate with it like I am my 1911's. I have done some reading and it sounds like Sig has a different sight picture than you would see in a 1911. Not sure if the "diagram" explains but I thought it may help.

_O_ - 1911
-0- - Sig

I am a great shot with my WWII Colt but am having a hell of a time training myself to shoot the Sig.

I have thought about replacing the front sight but it is rather expensive to have done. Thought about trading it but I really love the trigger, balance, finish, etc...

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Combat sights cover up small targets like pop cans because you have to put the front sight dot directly over the target. Replace the rear #8 sight with a #10 and you will have point of aim sight picture (top edge with 1/2 of bulls eye on top). You can change it yourself with the MGW sight tool. The sights can be purchased from Sig, and they are night sights.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top