Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig combat sight picture

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by frosty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. frosty

frosty University Place Member

Has anyone ever had an issue with the "combat sight picture" that most Sig's have? I have been used top 1911 shooting my whole life. I got a P220 a while ago and it feels great but I am not accurate with it like I am my 1911's. I have done some reading and it sounds like Sig has a different sight picture than you would see in a 1911. Not sure if the "diagram" explains but I thought it may help.

_O_ - 1911
    -0- - Sig

I am a great shot with my WWII Colt but am having a hell of a time training myself to shoot the Sig.

I have thought about replacing the front sight but it is rather expensive to have done. Thought about trading it but I really love the trigger, balance, finish, etc...

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

3. bc4bw

bc4bw Lynnwood New Member

Combat sights cover up small targets like pop cans because you have to put the front sight dot directly over the target. Replace the rear #8 sight with a #10 and you will have point of aim sight picture (top edge with 1/2 of bulls eye on top). You can change it yourself with the MGW sight tool. The sights can be purchased from Sig, and they are night sights.

4. frosty

frosty University Place Member

Awesome, thanks guys.