JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hummmmm.......LOL......I can remember that my first wife (an educator) didn't want to be seen with me at any gun show.

YES.....she was afraid of the politics/message it might send.

Aloha, Mark

Hard to understand the hesitancy of a foreigner who is concerned about their government learning about them being involved with a firearm,.....

But we don't have to be concerned about the United States Government keeping track of who owns firearms here, right?:rolleyes:

After all, no U. S. Government institution would dare to circumvent a 100% Constitutionally guaranteed right,.....Yeah, right.

Michael Massee:
  • Took responsibility for killing Brandon Lee
  • Took himself out of the public eye for a year
  • Had nightmares of the killing for years afterwards, right up to his own death, continually expressing remorse
Alec Baldwin:
  • Has yet to accept responsibility for killing Halyna Hutchins
  • Has gone on the talk show tour to blame others for his killing of Hutchins , including Hutchins herself.
  • Hardly seems to have been affected by the death, given his many public appearances, and does not appear remorseful in the least
The evidence would suggest that the actions and reactions of these two men in the aftermath of each of their respective "killings" are diametrically opposed. Massee was contrite, while Baldwin has been… well, Baldwin.
FIFY

Rember the high school student who was remote learning via zoom and the teacher saw a air rifle (or maybe a .22) in his room. They tried to expell the student. I work form home alot and both my work computer and my private computer have velcro strips that block the camera, so people can only see me when I want them to.

I keep my headphones plugged into my work computer because it has an independent mute button on it so people can't listen in unknown to me,

May be a bit paranoid but in todays tech/woke environments, better safe than sorry.

Last Edited:
Agree. With today's woke society. All it takes if someone feel offended and complain or report you and you end up losing job. And have your good name f###edup.

If I am reading this correctly....
I am thinking that you are saying that owing certain types of firearms , implies acts of violence.

If that is what you are saying....
Then I would disagree.
Simply owning firearms , of any type , does not imply violence.
It may imply that one has a collection of firearms....but that is about it.

Violence can be done with a firearm...or anything else.
However...one does not need a firearm in order be violent.

I and many others own firearms , of many different types , and have not committed violent acts* with them.
I would think that an overwhelming majority of firearm owners fall into this category.

*I have used a firearm of mine for self defense....this could be considered a violent act.
With that said...that was a justified means of using violence.

Andy
So few (even around here) have been scared (literally) sheitless of losing their lives to the point of losing control of their bodily functions, and still carrying on with staying alive and getting the job done.

I don't judge that poor Chinese "subject" for his fear, not one bit.

Agree. With today's woke society. All it takes if someone feel offended and complain or report you and you end up losing job. And have your good name f###edup.
I'd like to think that it would be very difficult to get fired for being a polite and unprejudiced co-worker that doesn't bring images of violence or weapons to work.

A few year ago, a friend bought his relative from China to my home. I showed him my guns, AKs ARs and etc. He was so surprised to see that I have all these guns, and was excited to touch and hold. When I was about to take a picture of him with his or my phone, he refused. He told me that the government will find out because they can easily access to his stuff on his phone. He was so concerned that he stop touching the guns. Don't want to be seen holding the guns. Also, he was concerned that if, the government seen a photo of him holding a gun, they will arrest him. Ok, I respect his wish. He was afraided of me posting on social media and police searcing his phone. I said ok, you can take picture of the guns only and he refused. He also asked me, Does the police know you to have all these guns? I answered, No. He replied, Why? He also thought that I was doing something iilegal and he is involved because he was shown the guns. Then I answered, don't worry about. It's ok to have guns here in USA. That guy was so paranoid. He back in China enjoying his life in his tyrannical society.

I don't think that a lot of American gun owners comprehend that many other citizens of the world do not share their views on firearms..
The "admiration" that many of us on American forums have for firearms, probably appears like some form of a cult to many people of the world...
Oh well, to each their own...

RE : Post #111

I figure that....
It's just THAT (with our "experiment" with the Constitutional Form of Govt that we live under).....
Well, many people around the world have never been able to freely own firearms or speak freely about their concerns about the Govt. It's no wonder.......that they don't understand Americans.

AND, perhaps it's also a reason why.......they love/tolorate being oppressed by their favorite form of Royalty, Dictator and/or Tyrant.

Nah.....
Perhaps it's THAT they REALLY just don't know of any other way to live or continue to live?

Yeah.....
Step out of line and you'll see the consequences.

Aloha, Mark

When do you think it was that you could walk around in a larger WA city open carry and not attract negative attention? 1990? 1940? 1880?
Around 1990s as I opened carried is Spokane and Whidbey island back then quite often with no problems then Washington started to go south after that.

The NSA (of the USA) collects ALL electronic data (including voice and photos) that is transmitted via satellite, land line (of any type that goes thru the internet, phone lines, etc.) and WiFi (onto the internet) in the USA and much of the world. The NSA also collects a lot of the financial data that financial institutions collect and share with each other. Same for pretty much any records it can get its hands on.

The NSA analyzes and correlates all of this data, including relationship data - it knows who your relatives and friends are, who and where you have bought anything you did not pay cash for, your medical history, and pretty much all other data about you, your family, coworkers, etc.

It also shares at least some of this data with the DHS and CIA.

So don't think that the USA is any different from China in this regard.
I believe the difference is that china puts you in a labor camp and the US sells the information to ad agencies... equally cruel in my book!

A few year ago, a friend bought his relative from China to my home. I showed him my guns, AKs ARs and etc. He was so surprised to see that I have all these guns, and was excited to touch and hold. When I was about to take a picture of him with his or my phone, he refused. He told me that the government will find out because they can easily access to his stuff on his phone. He was so concerned that he stop touching the guns. Don't want to be seen holding the guns. Also, he was concerned that if, the government seen a photo of him holding a gun, they will arrest him. Ok, I respect his wish. He was afraided of me posting on social media and police searcing his phone. I said ok, you can take picture of the guns only and he refused. He also asked me, Does the police know you to have all these guns? I answered, No. He replied, Why? He also thought that I was doing something iilegal and he is involved because he was shown the guns. Then I answered, don't worry about. It's ok to have guns here in USA. That guy was so paranoid. He back in China enjoying his life in his tyrannical society.
While I was in the Navy during Viet Nam, I saw the same tyranny in many countries. To see Martial Law in force was something I hope I never see in our great country. People who have lived under such harsh conditions, know the price of freedom. Those who fail to believe it won't happen to them, have never had to see such death, destruction and horror. Hopefully they will listen and believe, but more than likely they may have learn it the hard way, I pray they don't.

While I was in the Navy during Viet Nam, I saw the same tyranny in many countries. To see Martial Law in force was something I hope I never see in our great country. People who have lived under such harsh conditions, know the price of freedom. Those who fail to believe it won't happen to them, have never had to see such death, destruction and horror. Hopefully they will listen and believe, but more than likely they may have learn it the hard way, I pray they don't.
We're still seeing people gladly wearing masks because the "Government" harped on it for two years. They lifted it, and then the stats indicated infections increased and a huge % of the populace dutifully, (gladly?) strapped the diapers back on. I walked into the The Hollywood Fred Meyer's yesterday and the 3-4 employees I first saw were all wearing the face diaper. I had to walk by one young guy, maybe 30, and asked if Fred's is still making you guys wear the face diaper. He responded no, and that he was wearing it because he didn't want to get covid again. I had to bite my tongue so I DIDN'T* say what I was thinking. Well, you'll be well prepared for a fine collar and leash next time won't you!

I'm stunned every day with what I see has happened to people in the last two years. If they can train such a large number of Americans to wear masks, regardless of age or susceptibility to this, rather tame, virus, seems like they could easily get the majority of Americans to submit to marshal law.

In the large population areas. First. We'd be screwed.

* For those that don't read so well.

Last Edited:
Something similar happened to some Olympic participants, from Great Britain (I believe) several years ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top