JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would you ever buy another one? My little bit of research so far is showing a pretty sketchy past. Are newer one's trouble free? I know there are lots of other options, I interested in your experience with this gun.

I had one a while back. I didn't think recoil was bad. The trigger was heavy and gritty, and the ambi safety had a bad habbit of switching off in the holster.

I had one a while back. I didn't think recoil was bad. The trigger was heavy and gritty, and the ambi safety had a bad habbit of switching off in the holster.
I changed out the hammer springs on mine to lighter ones and polished up the internals. It helped quite a bit. The safety on the equinox variant is a little wobbly but I've never had any of them work loose.

Would you ever buy another one? My little bit of research so far is showing a pretty sketchy past. Are newer one's trouble free?
First generation ones had issues, mine had to go back twice under warranty. They fixed it.
Its been years now and it eats anything I feed it. Very accurate for its small size.

My little bit of research so far is showing a pretty sketchy past
WTF? Where did you get this "info?"

Most who own them, appreciate them for what they are. Little bitty 1911s that are accurate, reliable and oh, so concealable.
DSCN1101.JPG

These are great little pistols, flat, easy to shoot, positive safeties, and great sights considering the size of the pistols.

For me, the ideal BUG. And for those times when deep concealment is required, a more than adequate primary carry gun.

I dont own a 938 but I do own a 238 which is my wife's gun. She loves it and honestly, Ive taken a liking to it too. If you wouldn't mind going down to the .380, I could certainly recommend the 238!

Well said @Old Dog - totally agree with those comments… These are good guns

All 938s have an aluminum frame. Recoil isnt bad if you stick with standard ammo, dont shoot the hot +P ammo, you dont need those anyways.

The standard 7rd magazine base plates are very poorly designed and will break if you use them normal for reload training. The basepad is held on by tiny plastic tabs that wear off. Treat them gentle and dont slam them home when you practice with them and they will last... a while.

Sig sells a Legion series magazine that has a screw on base plate. It works in the regular production 938s except there is a gap between the base plate and the frame. The gap feels funny in the hand but you get used to it. The Legion magazine you can slam home all you want, get one of those for your back up carry mag.

I absolutely loved my P938 extreme. I wish I still had it, but the allure of the P365 was too strong.

Very accurate but brutal on recoil compared to the P365. Have several iterations of both.

I have had the exact opposite experience. I absolutely do not enjoy shooting my standard P365 with 10rd mags. I can't say that I ever felt I had "had enough" when shooting my P938 and I put a lot of round through a couple of them.

I find it to be the best "tiny gun" on the market. If you use it for that purpose, it works well. They also use the exact same magazine as the Kimber micro 9.

Sold my 938 a while back. Too heavy for its intended purpose. Way too many lighter 9mm's out there that I'd rather carry all day. As far as how it shot though, great little pistol, the laser was nice too.

I had one for a couple of years and liked it just fine. Never had any trouble with it, except that I couldn't switch off the safety without adjusting my grip. Couldn't get used to that.

very nice gun, good fit specially with the pinky extention mags, good balance between weight and recoil, I have it as my carry, it's worth considering.

20211014_213711.jpg

Big complaint is the safety tending to go off of safe in holster. I prefer the p365. I own both and have both in aluminum. Yes I have the aftermarket grip module in aluminum

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top