JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CombatShotguns.jpg
Defense shotguns, eh? From the top down:

• A Mossberg 500 in 12-gauge (2¾ and 3"). It has been equipped with a light/laser combo and has been Pro-Ported by Mag-n-Port. IIRC, the capacity is 7+1.
  • A Mossberg 500 Youth in 20-Gauge (2¾ and 3"). It has been equipped with a light. It has a 5+1 capacity. This is @TeacherSmurf's defensive shotgun.
  • This SxS started life as a Baikal in 12-gauge (2¾" only). I installed a recoil pad, filed a Form 1, and after our federal friends approved my tax stamp, converted it to a 11"-barrel short-barrel shotgun (SBS). Running Mini-Buck 00 shells through it has worked well.
  • Serbu Super Shorty in 12-gauge (2¾ and 3", though I am not crazy enough to try the latter). It has a 2+1 capacity and is a real handful; fireball, pain in the hands, the Mrs reported hearing it almost 10 acres away while indoors, etc. It is an AOW under NFA and is duly registered as such (Form 4). Admittedly, this is just a gonzo range toy, though I suppose it could be pressed into service as a "looter, get the hell off my front porch" type thing. ;)

What, ONLY one?! o_O

Q: What's Stomper's rule?

A: One is none, two is one, and three is glee!

:D

I admit I am in violation of Stomper's Rule, I submit myself to public flogging by NWFA personnel :(

Now I do have 3 other shotguns, just not 590A1's - hopefully that helps. One is a 500 with an 18.5" barrel, perhaps that helps? :rolleyes:

Nice. Did you stay within budget? If so, it looks like you did well.

Sort of:D.

It was down to a $125 Jc Higgins that I would have had to cut down and re-bead with a 4or5+1 mag tube or this for $220 with everything just how I wanted it.

Had to beg the boss for a loan on my spending money but it was worth it and I couldn't be happier.

I had a bird gun, now I have my large game gun (2 or 4 legs).

At least until I find a 30-06 that's too good to pass up;). Then this will be strictly a truck and home gun.

Sort of:D.

It was down to a $125 Jc Higgins that I would have had to cut down and re-bead with a 4or5+1 mag tube or this for $220 with everything just how I wanted it.

Had to beg the boss for a loan on my spending money but it was worth it and I couldn't be happier.

I had a bird gun, now I have my large game gun (2 or 4 legs).

At least until I find a 30-06 that's too good to pass up;). Then this will be strictly a truck and home gun.

I think it was worth it - that's a sweet shotgun.

I'm not quite done with it- I still would like to add a muzzle brake, reinforced bottom rail and vertical grip, tactical light, a QD mount for a single point sling, a kydex cover for the cheek rest, but she's still alot of fun to shoot and has no issues with low brass. Love it or hate it, I can bring 15 rounds to the party before I need to reload. 200+ rounds to date and no jams.

Geno
9-8-17_002.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR